PCSX2 Logo Design Contest!
(04-06-2009, 01:57 PM)Bositman Wrote: To be honest,these don't look very different from the current one. I'm pretty bored of the bios clock theme,it has been that for so long it all looks the same to me Tongue

I was wondering the same thing.Why it has look so much like the current one,I prefer something new.

And btw,about this new GUI,can someone show me some screens.I've tried to compile it a couple of weeks ago but didn't see much of a differences compaired to the current one(maybe I did something wrong when I compile it)

Sponsored links

There is still nothing to see in the new wxgui branch, even if you compile it.

I would like to point out that anyway the deal with the new gui is NOT the graphical part.

The new gui is about
1) more easy coding for the dual windows/linux operability
2) if possible, more functionalities for the users

This logo/icon contest is just something we do because we want to Smile
Ok thanks for the info.
And about the icon...I always wanted to be something different,something that looks more like PS2,not some squared icon with "2" on it.How exactly this 2 tells you that this program is something to do with PS2 or it's program for playing games(that's just my opinion)
(04-06-2009, 03:07 PM)vsub Wrote: Ok thanks for the info.
And about the icon...I always wanted to be something different,something that looks more like PS2,not some squared icon with "2" on it.How exactly this 2 tells you that this program is something to do with PS2 or it's program for playing games(that's just my opinion)

Agreed, I don't like the '2' icon either,doesn't give me the PS2 feeling at all
[Image: newsig.jpg]
ok what you think about my new icon?
My computer:
CPU:Intel® Pentium® D CPU 2.80 ghz
Ram:3GB ram
Video card:Nvidia geforce 9500 1gb
Favorite game:Kingdom Hearts 2
Hi there,
Im a newbie... but here is my attempt...

[Image: pcsx2logo1.png]

*EDIT* sorry, should have put this in the correct thread... typical newbie error! Sorry...
(04-06-2009, 03:58 PM)urbangangsta101 Wrote: Hi there,
Im a newbie... but here is my attempt...

[Image: pcsx2logo1.png]

*EDIT* sorry, should have put this in the correct thread... typical newbie error! Sorry...

well it look good for newbie Happy
i like it it is cool.
My computer:
CPU:Intel® Pentium® D CPU 2.80 ghz
Ram:3GB ram
Video card:Nvidia geforce 9500 1gb
Favorite game:Kingdom Hearts 2
(04-06-2009, 07:44 AM)13xforever Wrote: I'd suggest to have up to 256x256 icon images, 'cause I love my big icons in Vista and up. But, of course, this is a just a wish.

Actually, I think wxWidgets has support for that (the larger icons are ignored on non-Windows platforms though). But I'm not too interested in providing icons that are larger than our background image. Wink

Speaking of icons, there are some other concerns that people should be aware of if they want to make a "good" icon set. I'll add it to the rules page at the top of this thread.
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team
(04-06-2009, 01:57 PM)Bositman Wrote: To be honest,these don't look very different from the current one. I'm pretty bored of the bios clock theme,it has been that for so long it all looks the same to me Tongue
I liked the old one on like 0.9.2, it was cool lol
9.2 ? was that the silver edition design?
what do you guys think about getting away from the old black+blue?

(04-06-2009, 03:58 PM)urbangangsta101 Wrote: [Image: pcsx2logo1.png]

I really like this one XD
the font is very nice^^
what do you think about bubbles in the background? a bit like the ps2 aqua edition?
Chicken is not Vegan?

NO VEGAN DIET NO VEGAN POWERS!!!!

http://www.flixxy.com/my-blackberry-is-not-working.htm