PCSX2: Maximize FF12
I have a thread dedicated to maximizing performance. (not graphically though)

edit: here yo go: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-con...ow-end-PCs

(08-03-2011, 01:10 AM)haxor Wrote: don't wanna be an *****. I know all the guys do that as a hobby (so... don't come with the $$$ argument) and it's target is to keep pcsx2 compatible with every game. so... those rewrites are cool, but it doesn't help speeding up some of the demanding games to a enjoyable level running on actually usable PC hardware.

and f*ck that thing "you (I) should do it" cause... I try. but this f*cking code is really a nightmare to read if you (I) know only half as good how the machine really works. so... you the experts at pcsx2... and I request a common usable feature that the coders could (if willing to try) implement. Wink

if you paid ANY attention, you'd know that PCSX2 has improved on ALL games by at least 30%. so shut your damn mouth. and FYI, Several "demanding" games are playable at about 30fps on my POS pc

Sponsored links

Heh it's very different to say
Quote:and I request a common usable feature that the coders could (if willing to try) implement
than
Quote:til the coders have gotten back their pride and stop creating per game hacks and really work on something.
. Number #2 IS being an ass, and my reply was according to that.

Plus you just proved you have no idea what you're talking about since the GIF rewrite WAS a major speed up for many games. So better try and know what you're talking about before flaming: http://code.google.com/p/pcsx2/source/detail?r=4821

Finally, today's hardware is MORE than enough on an entry level. I built a new PC with about 600 euro , Core i5 2500k, Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD4-B3, 8 GB DDR3 Corsair ram, some 100 euro graphics card of your choice and you have a killer machine for PCSX2, at entry level.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
@smart-ass: read this: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Why-is-PCSX2-slow you'll see how hard it is to simulate a highly parallel architecture on a lowly one.
Intel i5-2500K Quad Core @ 3.30 Ghz
NVidia GTX 580 - 3Go RAM
4 Go DDR3 noname
I don't think you understand the concept of multi-threading all that well. Not all single threaded software can or should be multi-threaded. In many cases multi-threading can actually so slow code down especially in emulation which requires strict lock step syncronization between the processes. Overhead can easily eat all of your savings brought by multi-threading and more.
well. okay I'm not really in the mood to go further. it bores me to death. there's no challenge at all. -.-

I'm an a$$hole and done. doesn't help @nick.shooter and the other users with exactly the same problem.

hope you other pcsx2 admiring zombies feel better now.
(08-03-2011, 01:35 AM)haxor Wrote: well. okay I'm not really in the mood to go further. it bores me to death. there's no challenge at all. -.-

if there's no challenge, go start your own PS2 emu
(08-03-2011, 01:35 AM)haxor Wrote: well. okay I'm not really in the mood to go further. it bores me to death. there's no challenge at all. -.-

I'm an a$$hole and done. doesn't help @nick.shooter and the other users with exactly the same problem.

hope you other pcsx2 admiring zombies feel better now.

The problem is that you acted like you were ordering people to do something for your sole interest without taking into consideration that the challenge may be overwhelming, despite currently taken care of. We're not blindly admiring people, just telling you how hard it is to obey to your urgent request in such a short notice.
But don't worry, the industry will make faster computers, the devs will make better optimizations, and one day you'll play fullspeed too Smile
Intel i5-2500K Quad Core @ 3.30 Ghz
NVidia GTX 580 - 3Go RAM
4 Go DDR3 noname
@Saiki Thanks for the helpful post, I'm working on utilizing it as we speak Laugh
@nick.shooter: check how many threads your CPU has (I don't know that processor at all..) subtract 1 and run games in software mode. it MAY provide some speedup, but I'm not promising anything

(08-03-2011, 01:58 AM)nick.shooter Wrote: @Saiki Thanks for the helpful post, I'm working on utilizing it as we speak Laugh

not a problem Smile hopefully it works well for you
one last. cooled down as a fridge. just came up in my mind. since we talking about different ps2 processing stages.

isn't it that the gif rewrite only gives a perf boost on gif based actions aka transfers and stuff? haven't checked that.

reason is: the thing that's bugging me here atmost still is probably the vif and vu chain/programs to speedup.

I'll be back with it. Wink