PCSX2 - Widescreen Game Patches
(04-05-2012, 11:29 AM)synce Wrote: Weird problem... I haven't tested it that much but no, it's not always 3f80~ +^_^+ I've seen values anywhere between 0.800f and 1.333f, and you can also have luck with bigger floating point ranges like 448-512. If it's just that one scene I wouldn't worry too much but if it's a persistent problem then you can try searching those value ranges, or you can search for *all* values close to the ones that you already know affect AR. I explained it to baron a few posts up, just substitute that address range for something like 20942000-20942fff +^_^+
ty synce+^_^+ ima do all that and see if i can't find a solution that sticks. my gut tells me more scenes do this and I'm very patient and stubborn +^_^+
Signature purposefully left blank.

Sponsored links

Berserk - Widescreen (16:9) (NTSC-J)

.pnach   9685E636.pnach (Size: 98 bytes / Downloads: 728)

Resident Evil - Outbreak - Widescreen (16:9) (NTSC-U)

.pnach   0245EF6D.pnach (Size: 109 bytes / Downloads: 813)

Resident Evil - Outbreak #2 - Widescreen (16:9) (NTSC-U)

.pnach   1E65A50E.pnach (Size: 112 bytes / Downloads: 667)

The Bouncer - Widescreen (16:9) (NTSC-U)

.pnach   FEE23E8F.pnach (Size: 100 bytes / Downloads: 646)

Kuon - Widescreen (16:9) w/ widescreen helper (3xxx range)

Games values found but have major graphical issues
Black Cat (ntsc-j) (only renders middle of screen)
Ephemeral Fantasia (nighttime only renders middle of screen)

Future widescreen patches (if any) will be put in this post.
Hmm slight side effect with the new FFX Int widescreen patch and that is that subtitles appear during battle when the characters speak and they appear in the middle of the screen instead of the bottom edge like they should.
Hi, I'm new here and wanted to thank everyone for the patches, especially the Silent Hill 3 widescreen patch.
I tried to make a widesreen patch for Need For Speed ​​Hot Pursuit 2 (NTSC - SLUS_203.62) with no luck for several hours (surely can be done but I dont how to do it in the right way). Someone will have this patch or can do it? I know this game is not very popular around here but works great with PCSX2 (in my opinion the PS2 version its the best NFS ever made).
Thanks in advance and pardon my English, is not good. Rolleyes
PCSX2 Widescreen Helper
Update v0.0.7:
Gui updates
Added Clear log, Hide/show, Disable & Enable log features
Added new right click context menu for always on top , clear log, close (also accessible from the tray icon)
Added minimize icon to toolbar.
Fixed size GUI OS font scaling shouldn't effect any text now.
Great job with the WS helper so far hyakki

Today I had a chance to look at DMC2 and 3, they were both easily patched unlike DMC1 Sad The patches can be downloaded from my main post HERE
PCSX2 Widescreen Helper

Update v0.0.9:
Found a critical bug as I was closing the project so I had to fix Smile
Now scanning time is 50-90% faster.
Correctly shows the scanned ranges.
Re-wrote scan engine to be more efficient.

Update v0.0.8:
Added incremental scanning. (Right click -> Scan Options -> Incremental scanning | or Ins)
(I would only use it on short hex like 3F4C (on the next round it will increase to 3F4D))
Changed 3xxx logging message
Improve threading slightly.

This should be the last update until I get some more free time Smile.
Hello,
First, congratulations to everyone for this find.
it gave me an idea and after a day of searching I finally succeeded to run your code on a true PlayStation 2 !FFX or SH3 run in WideScreen mode !
I would help you to some PAL games I own.
I wish you good luck for the future and for the development of PCSX2 and for widescreen patch.
I really wasn't planning on patching any more Simple 2000 games since they're all so ugly but what the hell, this one's too epic. So here's The Daibijin. The rest of my games are 2D so I'm officially done patching.

Final success ratio: 32 patched /14 failed (70%)

Although you can probably bump it up to 75% with games patched by ws helper, and those Simple 2000 games I have no desire to patch. Not too shabby. Godspeed everyone Cool
Lol?? What the HELL is that game?? Tongue
[Image: newsig.jpg]