Second Sight (PAL-M5) (SLES-52670) [attachment=44468]

[attachment=44469][attachment=44470]

The Punisher (PAL-M2) (SLES-53047) [attachment=44471]
- updated to hor fov

[attachment=44472][attachment=44473]

Seven Samurai 20XX (PAL-M5) (SLES-52348) [attachment=44474]

[attachment=44475][attachment=44476]

Sponsored links

(06-03-2013, 12:42 AM)devina40 Wrote: "I am not downgrading to 1080p just to get CRT quality" implied you were connecting aspect ratio/resolution to refresh rate.

And to one who understands current technology, they would know I implied current 3D monitors which support Lightboost, which are only in the 16:9 aspect ratio.

(06-03-2013, 12:42 AM)devina40 Wrote: What kind of 4:3 media exists at 1600x1200, anyway? In emulators...

I've said it twice now: Old games. I am not specifically talking about emulation.

I used to dual boot to XP and switch to my CRT when I wanted to play old games. Now my XP install broke after switching platforms (AMD -> Intel) and I took my CRT off my desk because it took up too much space and I couldn't look at CRT screens anymore, so I'm forced to deal with playing current things in windowed mode or upscaling while keeping the aspect ratio. Both suck, but at least I don't have to fall back to a far lower resolution (like in my example) and upscale that.

(06-03-2013, 12:42 AM)devina40 Wrote: Yes, it's an LED LCD and don't diss my TV, thanks.

I'm not sure you understand the technology.

Is it made WITH LEDs or is it LED backlit? They are completely different things. (For example, a phone with an OLED display is made up entirely of LEDs, it is not an LCD display.)

(06-03-2013, 12:42 AM)devina40 Wrote: Seriously, I have no idea why you'd say it must have "bad motion blur and input lag" just because it's an LED LCD.

Because it's a TV; they aren't made to support high-end gaming, aka have low input lag and fast pixel response times. There are tons of different displays on the market; you could've gotten one that had minimal latency; but unless someone's done a test on it already and you can find it online somewhere, then you'll never know unless you test it yourself.

(06-03-2013, 12:42 AM)devina40 Wrote: Wut. 1080p for a 40" TV is "very low" pixel density? I mean, if it was 720p at 40", sure, but 1080p? Really?

Yes, it's low pixel density. There are phones with 5" screens that are 1080p. The pixel density on them is extremely high and makes everything look incredibly sharp, including text, which is key to preventing eye strain.

At that size, the ideal resolution would be at minimum 2560x1440, preferably 4K. 24" is suited for 1080p, any higher and you start being able to see the actual pixels more prominently, ruining image quality.

If you want to understand more, Google PPI or pixel density.

Again, the only real reason to have a large monitor at a smaller resolution is due to the ability to either see it at a distance or compensate for poor eyesight. Both are completely valid, and I may be doing the latter in future.

(06-03-2013, 12:42 AM)devina40 Wrote: And a changelog is actually time consuming, especially when people dump like 10 patches at a time, and I have to document every single one of them.

So.. copy/paste the names?

Throwing more work on everyone who uses the archive (which we're thankful for, don't get me wrong) just to save you a minute or two is kinda, well..

(06-03-2013, 03:10 AM)devina40 Wrote: 1440x1080 is the 4:3 counterpart to 1920x1080 (16:9)

That's not a normal resolution. It was only used for old 'HD' recording of 1080i, not for monitors afaik. The only resolution between 1280x960 and 1600x1200 that was actually used on computer displays was 1400×1050, but it was very limited (laptop only) and dropped in favor of 1600x1200.

As far as I know, to get any of these resolutions on normal 4:3 monitors you need to custom set them; which a lot of old games don't support.

Though, as I said above I'm not talking about emulation, which is where this becomes relevant, as we can specify anything we want; though I always scale natively to aspect ratio as distortion is terrible. Thankfully, with a 16:10 display, I can scale better than those with a 16:9 display, which again, is part of the point of my argument.

(06-03-2013, 02:33 AM)allencc3 Wrote: Requesting 2 games (both NTSC-U):

- Odin Sphere

Odin Sphere cannot be made widescreen through this method.
Yes, it's LED backlit, and yes, I know it's still technically LCD. Doesn't change the fact that I can still refer to it as a "LED TV" like a huge chunk of TV consumers and marketplace already do.

You're telling me because I use an HDTV and not a little 20-25" PC monitor, it's not meant to support "high-end gaming"? lol. And like I said, response time is perfectly fine. I bought it last year. I tried gaming using a PC monitor from my bed, and it screwed up my vision because of how small it was.

Yes, I know all about retina-displays and pixel density, but 1080p for a modern 40" TV these days is extremely average and common. Are you seriously suggesting I should have bought a 4K TV, which are expensive as fawk right now? And there's like, no 4K media content yet. And from one meter away, it looks completely fine. It's a 40", of course I didn't buy it just to put my face right next to it.

If there's one thing I hate, it's snobby, elitist attitudes where people automatically disown material possessions because it doesn't suit their standards. For example, "Oh, you don't own a GeForce 670? You have a GeForce 650? Wow, I can't believe you actually game on that thing. You must get 5 frames per second on the latest games!" Not saying you have one, but I am sensing it. And... you apparently have a forum dedicated for you? Really?

http://forum.daow.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5

Also, can you please not quote every single sentence I say?
Been there, done that before. Thanks.
(06-03-2013, 03:10 AM)devina40 Wrote: and take a look at what's causing the KH2 FMV glitch.
black border fix

(06-03-2013, 02:33 AM)allencc3 Wrote: Requesting 2 games (both NTSC-U):

- Odin Sphere
forget, too glitchy in widescreen

P.S. also, I'll post today patches for Area 51 and SW: Battlefront 1 & 2, both requires render fix, but I don't like this games at all, so I do not want to spend my time on finding render fix.
(06-03-2013, 10:54 AM)DAOWAce Wrote: -snip-

[Image: hisAb2t.jpg]
For Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 (SLUS-21782B), CRC DE61647A

When I try to use the
Code:
//even less 16:9 by Luna (hides most moonwalkers)
patch=1,EE,0076111c,word,3fb38e38

I end up with

Code:
EE: Unrecognized op bd
(EE pc:8000032C) TLB Miss, addr=0x7ffaa2b0 [load]
(EE pc:800002BC) TLB Miss, addr=0x6b265500 [load]
(EE pc:800002BC) TLB Miss, addr=0x2c955500 [load]
(EE pc:8000032C) TLB Miss, addr=0x4db15500 [load]
(EE pc:800002BC) TLB Miss, addr=0x5b015500 [load]
(EE pc:8000032C) TLB Miss, addr=0x14015500 [load]
(EE pc:8000032C) TLB Miss, addr=0x30015500 [load]
(EE pc:8000032C) TLB Miss, addr=0x40015500 [load]

The "EE: Unrecognized op bd" goes on for several lines before the TLB Miss lines appear.

The other two 16:9 codes (default and less moonwalkers) work perfectly fine though. Any ideas?
People please keep it civil. Posts like Scootaloo's will not be tolerated and will be considered flaming. If you want to have an argument, it's fine by me but do it civilly and preferably in another thread. That goes for devina40 and DAOWAce as well. Personal attacks are considered flaming as well.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(06-03-2013, 11:56 AM)devina40 Wrote: snip

What's the problem with quoting what I'm replying to? Throwing a bunch of text in a post without references as to what I'm replying to only serves to confuse the reader.

'LED TV' is the wrong terminology, regardless of what the mass market uses. Unless the display is made with LEDs, it's an LED backlit display. There's too many misused phrases in the computer world; I'd prefer if people actually used the correct terminology. Saves confusion too. (ex. Someone says they're lagging, I troubleshoot the network; turns out they're talking about low FPS. Low FPS isn't lag, it's low FPS; the computer is running as fast as it can, hence it's not 'lagging'.)

Please tell me where I said you should buy a 4K display; because I didn't, nor did I say you should buy a small computer monitor for high-end gaming. I said that TVs are not designed with "high-end", aka professional level, gaming in mind, which means the manufacturer doesn't go out of their way to provide ultra low input latency and pixel response times. I also said that display sizes have optimal PPI which is affected by resolution. Nowhere in there did I say "Your TV sucks and you shouldn't be using it".

You seem really defensive for some reason, to the point where you think what I'm saying is a direct attack on you. It's not; I don't know why you're getting that impression.

As for my site: It's my personal site, I can do whatever I want on it, including keep my own notes for myself. I don't see what the problem is. (Also, most stuff on my forum hasn't been updated in well over a year, including that thread.)

Edit: @Bositman: I am all for keeping it civil, but I can't control how people interpret my words and assume they're attacks. I will try to not respond anymore, I guess.

Edit2: @Scootaloo: Again, where have I called people stupid? I haven't. I'd really love to know the reason for these accusations.
(06-03-2013, 03:10 PM)Bositman Wrote: People please keep it civil. Posts like Scootaloo's will not be tolerated and will be considered flaming. If you want to have an argument, it's fine by me but do it civilly and preferably in another thread. That goes for devina40 and DAOWAce as well. Personal attacks are considered flaming as well.

I only posted that because DAOWAce is simply complaining non-stop and calling people stupid.
That quote is a rehash of your signature on your website:
"I don't mean to sound rude, but I can't help the way people interpret my words."

Sounds like you've been through this more than just one time.

There's nothing wrong with having your own website and forum dedicated to yourself, but to me, it just seems self-absorbed, narcissistic and unnecessary. This is just my opinion. It reminds me how some people instagram every single food they eat and tweet every time they go to the bathroom.

I know you didn't say that, but as a middle-class consumer, I see it as the better option.
I'd rather have 40" 1080p than 20" 1080p. Just because the 20" has higher pixel density isn't enough to make me get it, I'd pick size over pixel density. Nowhere did I say you were attacking me either. I'll let your own actions define yourself instead of me.

(I think your views on HDTVs are ridiculous, and I'll leave it at that.)

Anyway, back on topic.

Donaco, it worked for me before. The address is the same. Are you sure your .iso of Persona 4 isn't corrupted?

I recommend just doing 4:3, or applying the regular 16:9.
Looking back on it, I wish I could've just made the moonwalker codes Vert- instead.