PCSX2 - Widescreen Game Patches
Hi 99skull,

I have tried everything I know but it seems likely to me that the code is not working on the Traditional Chinese version. Anyway, thanks for you kind help.

Sponsored links

My apologies if something like this has come up before.

I tried to port Tales of the Abyss' pnach to the Japanese version using the tutorial Devina made. Almost everything corresponds except for some odd ones that I attached here, can I get some help dawgs?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(07-21-2013, 11:26 PM)pfantzypantz Wrote: My apologies if something like this has come up before.

I tried to port Tales of the Abyss' pnach to the Japanese version using the tutorial Devina made. Almost everything corresponds except for some odd ones that I attached here, can I get some help dawgs?

It's very close, but not the same. Like I said in the tutorial, the first 4 digits are often the same. There tends to be hundreds of repeated patterns in .elf files.

One begins with "0032E034", the other is "0011afe4". If I were you, I'd look around the "0032" range more.

If you can't get it, then you can put both. elf files in a .rar file and upload it here to the forum as an attachment.

If you do get it, then feel free to give me the .pnach so I can store it in the archive.
There's only 8 instances of 3442AAAB in the japanese elf, and the one I attached is the only one that corresponds at all, I just hope I'm missing something obvious since I have very little idea of what I'm doing.
It was a bit of a pain in the butt... but I think I got it...

Try this, and be sure to rename the CRC.
If it does work, give me the CRC so that I can store it in the archive.
It didn't work Sad I just read http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-Wid...#pid215770 I should have looked it up sooner since I did elf patch another game before. Sorry for the waste of time, thanks for helping!
hey is there a Spyro - A Hero's Tail [NTSC] widescreen patch?

i've seen that on the readme file from the devina's patches
" Games with built-in 16:9 "
The Legend of Spyro: A New Beginning
The Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon
The Legend of Spyro: The Eternal Night

... but the version Hero's Tail i can't find it, i've searched the .rar too
(07-22-2013, 08:28 PM)pfantzypantz Wrote: It didn't work Sad I just read http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-Wid...#pid215770 I should have looked it up sooner since I did elf patch another game before. Sorry for the waste of time, thanks for helping!

Here:
.pnach   ToTA_NTSCJ.pnach (Size: 382 bytes / Downloads: 466)
(07-23-2013, 02:00 AM)Asmodean Wrote: Here:

Hotdogs, it works! Many thanks dude, didn't think it'd be possible. Biggrin

And the CRC is AA5EC3A3 for adding it to the archive!