PCSX2 - Widescreen Game Patches
islandking, all the Shadow Hearts games have been updated in the archive, including the Director's Cut.
Go give it a try, and tell me if it works.

Sponsored links

(08-16-2013, 04:03 AM)devina40 Wrote: An automated script doesn't sound good, trust me, let's not do that.
There's no universal .pnach standard. If it really comes down to it, I'll do it manually, like I have been doing.

Our compatibility list database already has a huge amount of CRC and game titles which are known to be 100% correct. We could always match the CRC to a game title (in fact I already have all that in a neat .csv file for PCSX2bonus). You can do a first pass with a script and whatever is left do manually
[Image: newsig.jpg]
I'm having an issue with the God of War Pal Pnach.
When I load the game I get a black screen, the game is loading as you can hear the music, but no image is shown. Can anyone confirm that they have the Pal version working?
(08-16-2013, 01:38 PM)Some Chump Wrote: I'm having an issue with the God of War Pal Pnach.
When I load the game I get a black screen, the game is loading as you can hear the music, but no image is shown. Can anyone confirm that they have the Pal version working?

yes, the pal version is working but if you need help on this you may have to open a new thread.
Core i3 9100f 3.6Ghz
RAM=8GB
nvidia GT 1030
pcsx2 version-1.3.1  
(08-16-2013, 12:43 PM)Bositman Wrote: Our compatibility list database already has a huge amount of CRC and game titles which are known to be 100% correct. We could always match the CRC to a game title (in fact I already have all that in a neat .csv file for PCSX2bonus). You can do a first pass with a script and whatever is left do manually

Alright, if you think we can make it work, let's try it.

(08-16-2013, 01:38 PM)Some Chump Wrote: I'm having an issue with the God of War Pal Pnach.

I'm pretty sure I messed up while porting it over from NTSC-U to PAL, but it's such a long code (headache inducing), I'm not touching it ever again. Sorry, I'll just have to remove it for now.

Right now I'm porting PaRappa the Rapper 2 from PAL to NTSC-U.
(08-16-2013, 08:18 AM)devina40 Wrote: islandking, all the Shadow Hearts games have been updated in the archive, including the Director's Cut.
Go give it a try, and tell me if it works.

It works! field, battle, cutscenes, all goodLaugh
We really have a great number of widescreen patch here, any plans to integrate it into the next version of pcsx2, like adding a "enable widescreen patch" box under the windows setting tab?
That has already been done...
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Ported PaRappa.

I just noticed how ElHecht has been making codes all this time:

[attachment=45279]

Basically, search for 86 7e 00 46, and then change these three (red) addresses.
There's a good chance it'll work for a lot of games.
Hmm... tried it with the NTSC-J version of Parappa2...
So, here's the widescreen hack for this one...Tongue

EDIT:
Indeed, this method seems to work for a lot of games, although many are not coded to run in widescreen so there's a lot of rendering missing outside of the original 4/3 screen ratio... (ex: Unison, Rygar, Godhand, etc...)

EDIT2:
Added hack for 'Mojib-Ribbon' (same creator as Parappa)Happy

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.pnach   2D215D04.pnach (Size: 198 bytes / Downloads: 422)
.pnach   649CD4B5.pnach (Size: 207 bytes / Downloads: 399)
_____
Intel Core i7-5820K/16GB DDR4/GeForce RTX 2070 Super/MSI X99A Gaming 7 motherboard
...some of my PS2 games videos...