PCSX2 - Widescreen Game Patches
(09-02-2013, 10:58 PM)Crazycatz Wrote: So I got around to converting an ELF hack of mine to pnach (as requested in a comment Wink); a font-fix for Kingdom Hearts 1 Final Mix. Simply put, it makes the text not stretch when a widescreen cheat is on.

Wow, it's a lot more simple and clean than you said it would be. xD
Nice work!

I tried porting it to the NTSC-U version but failed. I think it might be because of the differences in Japanese and English letters. If you can manage to make a font fix for the NTSC-U version, it can easily be ported to the PAL versions (which I can do to save you the trouble).

Also, Nemesis, it would be a good idea to check this out too.

(09-03-2013, 01:13 AM)ElHecht Wrote: Here is a fix for the patch so that pcsx2 won't crash. I also added widescreen support for character select menu.

Robot Alchemic Drive (NTSC-U) (SLUS-20445)

Nice work! Happy

(09-03-2013, 06:29 AM)Nettacki Wrote: I've requested a Wreckless: The Yakuza Missions NTSC-U patch for a while now. Is there a problem getting it done or is it simply a case of lots of requests and little time to complete them?

Just because a request is on there, it doesn't mean it will be done, since this is all volunteer work. Makai Kingdom has been on the requests list since 2012. Also, it would help if we had more widescreen developers.

Sponsored links

(09-03-2013, 06:29 AM)Nettacki Wrote: I've requested a Wreckless: The Yakuza Missions NTSC-U patch for a while now. Is there a problem getting it done or is it simply a case of lots of requests and little time to complete them?

I'd go with reason #2, and also because they make the patches when they feel like it Tongue
(09-03-2013, 12:15 PM)Coornio Wrote: I'd go with reason #2, and also because they make the patches when they feel like it Tongue

It's not just "a lot of requests". It's:

1. Done voluntarily, so patches are prioritize according to games which patch authors like or think are useful/good/common games to write patches to, or just what they'd like to work on next.

2. Patch authors don't have all the games ever released to the PS2 in all regions, so if an author doesn't have the game, a patch cannot be written.

That being said, if patch authors would accept donations/amazon-gifts/etc, I'm sure that could speed up some "special requests" Wink
Does Red Faction 2 support widescreen? Is .pnach available? Can't find any info about it for this popular game.
(09-02-2013, 11:30 PM)Z_Boy Wrote: Request:
-> The PAL version of Wild Arms V (SLES-54972), the version with 3 languages (Eng-Fre-Ita): widescreen and eventually 480p since GSM + in-built 60Hz mode works well.
I'm surprised this version doesn't have one yet, since it is localized (at least!) in some european languages! (WA3 and 4 were english-only, WA2 never released in Europe...)

Okay, I'm going to need the PAL Wild Arms 5 .elf file.
Extract it from the .iso, put it in a .rar and upload it to the forums as an attachment.

(09-03-2013, 09:01 PM)Argon Wrote: Does Red Faction 2 support widescreen? Is .pnach available? Can't find any info about it for this popular game.

Doesn't look like it. Nemesis made the widescreen patch for the first game, and similar games = similar widescreen values.
Please, add Red Faction 2 NTSC to Request section. I hope someone skilled will take a look at this great game.
Hi, two widescreen pnachs which i made:

Seek and Destroy (PAL-M5) (SLES_516.03)
.pnach   5F2F5469.pnach (Size: 303 bytes / Downloads: 536)

Road Rage 3 (PAL-E) (SLES_519.30)
.pnach   09736614.pnach (Size: 159 bytes / Downloads: 534)

Also i encountered one game which have the widescreen option
in the options menu for add to the list, is the game "Tokyo Road Race".

Regards.
Musou Orochi:Maou Sairin(=Warriors Orochi 2) (SLKA_254.43) (NTSC-K)
Code:
4C3F023C 040203AE CDCC4234 780A040C
replace to
193F023C 040203AE 9A994234 780A040C
-------4:3----------------16:9

Attached Files
.7z   Musou Orochi - Maou Sairin.7z (Size: 383 bytes / Downloads: 167)
Requesting a port for Shadow Hearts 1 NTSC to PAL. CRC is DEFA4763 , if you need the elf I can provide. TY Smile
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(09-07-2013, 11:42 PM)Bositman Wrote: Requesting a port for Shadow Hearts 1 NTSC to PAL. CRC is DEFA4763 , if you need the elf I can provide. TY Smile

.elf plz!