PCSX2 - Widescreen Game Patches
(10-02-2013, 02:11 AM)erutan Wrote: for what purpose there is a Final Fantasy XII Patch? The game already has widescreen mode, is not it?
The native Final Fantasy XII 16:9 mode is not correct and looks kinda weird, this one fixes it.

Sponsored links

All these new patches are added to the new svn's right? Or do I need to keep track of them separately?
Model: Clevo P570WM Laptop
GPU: GeForce GTX 980M ~8GB GDDR5
CPU: Intel Core i7-4960X CPU +4.2GHz (12 CPUs)
Memory: 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3L 1600MHz, 4x8gb
pelvicthrustman has developed some tools:
(10-02-2013, 03:38 AM)pelvicthrustman Wrote: [shameless self-promotion]

I know I've been absent from this thread for a while, but I'm returning with a vengeance...in the form of software...lots of it.

As erutan apparently already mentioned I recently authored a program called "PS2 Patch Engine". The purpose of the program is to apply patches directly to PS2 images so that they can be used with anything that runs PS2 games (including hacked PS3s). The real innovation is not that it can map and apply ELF hacks but that it can also embed a real-time patch engine directly into game images, effectively removing the need to distinguish between the compatibility of ELF and memory widescreen hacks, or to redo hacks simply to make them ELF hacks, it also eliminates the need for HEX ISO codes.

I'm also using it as a showcase for another program I've released, PS2 Controller Remapper which allows you to arbitrarily remap a game's controls (not as a big deal for PCSX2 users, although it can be used as a way to save specific mappings as per-game cheat files)

I've also developed a new set of tools specifically for PS2 development work, I've posted them in a thread with other PS2 tools and collectively dubbed it "Pelvicthrustman's PS2 Hacking Toolkit", I primarily developed these to help with more advanced hacking/reverse engineering, as describing how to do certain things manually takes a lot of writing (I do still intend to write a widescreen hacking guide with some advanced techniques - these will simplify the guide considerably) .

The new applications are:
- Elf Extractor (self-explanatory, although it can find ELF files regardless of extension since it analyzes file headers)
- Hex Converter (also self-explanatory and faster/more capable than the website)
- Mini MIPS Assembler (single instruction assembler - simplifies code injection)
- PCSX2 Breakpoint Tool (provides a way to do breakpoint debugging, a long-since feature removed from PCSX2 which is extremely valuable)

Hopefully these will prove useful.

PS2 Hacking Toolkit:
http://psx-scene.com/forums/f19/ps2-hack...it-116460/

PS2 Patch Engine:
http://psx-scene.com/forums/f19/ps2-patc...ne-117652/

PS2 Controller Remapper:
http://psx-scene.com/forums/f19/ps2-cont...te-114239/

[/shameless self-promotion]

I've split them into a thread of their own to have a proper place for them: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PS2-Hacki...r-Remapper
(10-02-2013, 06:33 AM)avih Wrote: pelvicthrustman has developed some tools:

I've split them into a thread of their own to have a proper place for them: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PS2-Hacki...r-Remapper

I was primarily hoping to promote knowledge of these programs here to help widescreen developers and maybe provide some more links for Asmodean to add to the front page. These programs already have proper release threads at psx-scene that I monitor regularly to provide support and accept feedback.
(10-02-2013, 07:18 AM)pelvicthrustman Wrote: I was primarily hoping to promote knowledge of these programs here to help widescreen developers and maybe provide some more links for Asmodean to add to the front page. These programs already have proper release threads at psx-scene that I monitor regularly to provide support and accept feedback.

I thought they should have their own thread on this forum as well to keep the thread focused on widescreen hacks. I didn't drop any info Smile
I've looked very thoroughly, and neither Deus Ex: The Conspiracy nor Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets are anywhere in the latest PS2 Widescreen Pack.
(10-02-2013, 09:02 AM)MNOLG Wrote: I've looked very thoroughly, and neither Deus Ex: The Conspiracy nor Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets are anywhere in the latest PS2 Widescreen Pack.

I don't recall anyone or anything stating they were done?
Therefore the logical conclusion is: They are not there because no one has made them yet.
(09-25-2013, 10:48 AM)devina40 Wrote: I had no luck with Capsule Monster Colosseum and all the HP games are on there.
Last time I tried, Chamber of Secrets didn't boot in PCSX2.....

(09-25-2013, 10:12 PM)MNOLG Wrote: If Capsule Monsters is out of the question, can I instead request Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses (NTSC-U) and Deus Ex The Conspiracy (NTSC-U).

(09-25-2013, 10:14 PM)devina40 Wrote: The archive may already have patches for those, you should double check.

(10-02-2013, 09:47 AM)Gatomon Wrote: I don't recall anyone or anything stating they were done?
Therefore the logical conclusion is: They are not there because no one has made them yet.
devina40 said they might have already been made. I am merely providing evidence to the contrary.
Well 2 pages back I asked about HP too and devina40 only stated they are still on the request list.

Also: if 10:48 AM devina40 states having no luck on HP,
than the message of 10:14 PM obviously doesn't apply to HP since then it would be redundant.

Either way: For now I'm also eagerly waiting for a wd hack at least for philosophers stone.
(10-02-2013, 02:47 AM)shinra358 Wrote: All these new patches are added to the new svn's right? Or do I need to keep track of them separately?
Model: Clevo P570WM Laptop
GPU: GeForce GTX 980M ~8GB GDDR5
CPU: Intel Core i7-4960X CPU +4.2GHz (12 CPUs)
Memory: 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3L 1600MHz, 4x8gb