PCSX2 - Widescreen Game Patches
(09-30-2013, 05:02 PM)tiptop11 Wrote: Hi . Can anyone help me to run Wipeout Pulse in 5760 x 1080 video mode ? There is problem with fov. Everything is stretched . Any help will be appreciate . Thank You !
Thats because this is a thread for 16:9 patches, not for 16:3.

Sponsored links

It's nice that we have a basic Baroque patch for now. Smile
I ported it to NTSC-U from the NTSC-J one and updated the archive.

It's a decent patch, but the widescreen suffers from inaccurate dimensions and is wider than it's supposed to be. Also, at the very top of the widescreen version, there's a faint line where there's no fog. I'm assuming that it's because the dimensions are inaccurate.

4:3
[attachment=45815]
16:9
[attachment=45814]
Here is a patch for the german version of Kingdom Hearts.
- added matrix hack for menu and gumi-jet (thanks to devina40)
- added font fix for hud, menu, text box and subtitle (thanks to CrazyCatz)
- added 60fps hack (should be disabled when playing on real ps2 hardware)

I also added a fix for the numbers

and a fix for the weapon position in the menu

Kingdom Hearts (PAL-G) (SCES-50969)
.pnach   AE3EAA05.pnach (Size: 1,75 KB / Downloads: 436)
(10-01-2013, 02:36 AM)ElHecht Wrote: - added 60fps hack (should be disabled when playing on real ps2 hardware)

If it is what I think it is (making it run in 60fps rather than 30), then while it's definitely cool, does it really belong in widescreen hacks? I'd consider it a neat game cheat/hack.. but not a ws one...
http://psx-scene.com/forums/content/ps2-...ages-3773/
By the way is is possible to make Widescreen Patches only to PS2 games or is there any way to do the same for PS1 games? I haven't seen anyone doing it yet, just asking.
If so I'd like to request Digimon World 1 for PSX Smile
(10-01-2013, 02:36 AM)ElHecht Wrote: - added 60fps hack (should be disabled when playing on real ps2 hardware)

Why? It works slightly better on a real PS2 than on PCSX2 (intresting fact).
PS2 doesn't seem to care temperature wise about this hack.

(10-01-2013, 11:52 AM)bartmarley Wrote: http://psx-scene.com/forums/content/ps2-...ages-3773/

That's basicaly the same this as HEX editing the ISO on the ELF sector.

(10-01-2013, 04:54 PM)Gatomon Wrote: By the way is is possible to make Widescreen Patches only to PS2 games or is there any way to do the same for PS1 games? I haven't seen anyone doing it yet, just asking.
If so I'd like to request Digimon World 1 for PSX Smile
Yeah I did it on Crash Bandicoot 3 and it appeared exactly like the GTE Widescreen hack on PCSX-r, try it. Digimon World 1 though uses prerendered backgrounds, it would look streched and the collisions would be weird. I wish though people would give a bit of attention to PSOne too, alot of games need render patches and the codes would work on real hardware plus the only emulator that supports the Widescreen hack is PCSX-r so you could use the codes on other emulators too.
But for Digimon World all you have to do is to expand the show area?
You see it never shows the whole map due to the nature of the camera.
Why would it be impossible to make it simply show more?
You don't have to stretch anything.
(10-01-2013, 06:35 PM)Gatomon Wrote: But for Digimon World all you have to do is to expand the show area?
You see it never shows the whole map due to the nature of the camera.
Why would it be impossible to make it simply show more?
You don't have to stretch anything.
Try PCSX-r. It doesn't work always like this. So what happens if you reach the edge of an area? It will show black around it or will it strech it to attach the edge of the screen? See, it depends, most of the times the collisions and the areas are split into partial textures of 32x32 pixels one next to the other in a grid way so a set of 32x32 pixels and their collisions will get rendered with or without the widescreen hack because this is the game how it's coded, there's nothing rendered around the edges of the screen that you don't see, well maybe an extra set of 32x32 pixels but that's all. You could give it a shot though, but most of those pre-rendered background games that use sequential textures for their maps have weird results.
Hello!
There is a post on psx-scene, about "PS2 Patch Engine". And there is link here, on a widescreen patch archieve. Many thanks.
Yesterday I patched FFX Intenational and played it widescreen on my PS2. But I have 1 question: for what purpose there is a Final Fantasy XII Patch? The game already has widescreen mode, is not it?

From Russia with love.

p.s. and I get This black lines on top, bottom, left, right on the screen, is this OK ? https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BVekdo3IQAAeJd6.jpg:large