PCSX2 - Widescreen Game Patches
(11-24-2013, 05:59 AM)shinra358 Wrote: do ya'll think that these kind of patches could fix black or liney cutscenes in some games?

Hm, such as?

Sponsored links

Update to Fahrenheit SLES_535.39

I added an FMV fix

.pnach   8F96D103.pnach (Size: 418 bytes / Downloads: 591)

Can someone make a pnatch for Odin Sphere and Onimusha2
Dynasty Warriors 5 NTSC WS patch causes a crash at Battle of Bai Di Caste - Wu forces, right after you press start battle
Suggesting it gets removed until it gets resolved
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(11-24-2013, 08:40 PM)Bositman Wrote: Dynasty Warriors 5 NTSC WS patch causes a crash at Battle of Bai Di Caste - Wu forces, right after you press start battle
Suggesting it gets removed until it gets resolved

You sure? You did multiple tests with the patch disabled and enabled?

Nemesis NTSC-U patch:

Quote:gametitle=Dynasty Warriors 5 (SLUS-21153)
comment=Widescreen hack by nemesis2000 (pnach by nemesis2000 )
patch=1,EE,00146c48,word,3c0243d6
patch=1,EE,00181cec,word,3c023f2b

ElHecht PAL patch:

Quote:gametitle=Dynasty Warriors 5 (PAL-G) (SLES-53341)
comment=Widescreen Hack (16:9) by ElHecht
//
// 16:9
patch=1,EE,00146c18,word,3c0243b4 // 3c0243a0 hor fov value1
patch=1,EE,00146cc8,word,3c0243f0 // 3c0243a0 hor fov value2
patch=1,EE,0018249c,word,3c023f15 // 3c023f00 render fix

I think some of the Dynasty Warrior NTSC codes could use some updating, mainly 2-5. Anyone up to it?
(11-25-2013, 03:05 AM)devina40 Wrote: You sure? You did multiple tests with the patch disabled and enabled?

Nemesis NTSC-U patch:

ElHecht PAL patch:

I think some of the Dynasty Warrior NTSC codes could use some updating, mainly 2-5. Anyone up to it?
I don't think that NTSCU patch is wrong, because this value is common almost for all the DW games. Besides, no one has confirmed that the game crashes on real hardware too. Also due to memory limit of real hardware, there is no guarantee that all ws pathes, even if they is 100% correct, will be work without issues, fresh example Grandia 2 NTSC-U.
Look, if there's a chance ElHecht's code could fix the issue Bositman is having, then I think we should at least try. We want these patches to be as stable as possible, and if a game crashes with a widescreen hack enabled, it's probably due to some memory or address interference, and finding alternate FOV methods/addresses may fix it. There's no harm in testing and trying workarounds. We want these codes to be stable on both PCSX2 and PS2.

I'm getting a bit sick of region porting codes anyway.
I know we all probably have an affinity for focusing on a certain region. For example:

NTSC-U: Me, Nemesis
PAL: ElHecht: Some Chump
NTSC-J: Arapapa, ggxxtonghao

While that's nice and all, I'm sick of the lack of consistency between regions. Maybe the NTSC-J patch will have a render fix which the PAL patch lacks, or the PAL patch has an FMV or font fix which the NTSC-U lacks, etc. It's becoming frustrating and tiresome.

Everyone needs to get into the habit of leaving important information in the .pnach, such as ELF search addresses, original values, etc. This makes region porting a LOT easier, since the more informed it is, the less likely you'll have to obtain that game of that region.

I also feel it's important to note: don't be afraid to improve current existing codes. Every single .pnach is open-source.
(11-25-2013, 08:07 AM)devina40 Wrote: Look, if there's a chance ElHecht's code could fix the issue Bositman is having
To call it the issue someone must confirm that the game crashes on a real hardware too.

Also all reports of issues must be with save file near place where issues happen.

(11-25-2013, 08:07 AM)devina40 Wrote: Everyone needs to get into the habit of leaving important information in the .pnach, such as ELF search addresses, original values, etc. This makes region porting a LOT easier, since the more informed it is, the less likely you'll have to obtain that game of that region.
for me, see no reason, because I always post hex patterns which is more informative than any comments in pnach files
What game, which patch? I'll test it on real hardware, no problem Smile
Yes I double checked that the patch was the issue, I've been testing stuff for years so usually I know what I'm talking about Tongue
rama: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-Wid...#pid329236
[Image: newsig.jpg]