PCSX2 - Widescreen Game Patches
Yeah it is. Forcing people to either have purple windows or 4:3 isn't so good though, until it gets fixed Tongue
[Image: newsig.jpg]

Sponsored links

Make it an incentive to improve PCSX2~ Smile

Arapapa, feel free to port Smash Court Tennis Pro Tournament 2 to NTSC-U/PAL if you can.
Right now there's only an NTSC-K version.
....whatever. I'll just have to keep a copy of the patches then -_-
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(05-30-2014, 01:33 PM)Bositman Wrote: Yeah it is. Forcing people to either have purple windows or 4:3 isn't so good though, until it gets fixed Tongue
until it gets fixed, maybe is better to integrate sceScfGetAspect function hack in PCSX2's Hack tab, to prevent creating widescreen patches for games that already have native widescreen via full boot and to activate native widescreen for this games via fast boot

Quote:sceScfGetAspect function hack

find
0000A28F 42100200 03004230 1000BFDF

replace
0000A28F 42100200 02000224 1000BFDF
IMHO, If there is a way to COMPLETELY bypass full boot in a game it would be great. The reason I made the widescreen hack for the BIOS screen is because I despise the 16:9 option in the Settings menu that makes zero sense.
It would be a great idea to make patches for all games that have native 16:9 support that rely on that stupid BIOS option that I bet alot people here don't like and most of the rest (noobish ones) don't even know that they have to use full boot to trigger it.
All that unless there is a way to make the emulator poke/return that option despite how it is set on BIOS. [EDIT: nemesis2000 that was fast!]

On a sidenote, I wonder if it's possible (or/and legal) to edit the BIOS file in a way like ELFs to use mine and devina40's real widescreen hacks instead of that stupid 16:9 option so we wouldn't have those stupid bars + streching on the BIOS screen if we had to let it in 16:9 mode.

EDIT: I wish I could find a value for the text widths on BIOS, that's pretty like the LAST thing that will make it a perfect widescreen hack.
(05-30-2014, 02:06 PM)VIRGIN KLM Wrote: It would be a great idea to make patches for all games that have native 16:9 support that rely on that stupid BIOS option that I bet alot people here don't like and most of the rest (noobish ones) don't even know that they have to use full boot to trigger it.

There's about 50 games requiring widescreen set in BIOS, so creating "auto-widescreen" patches is, well, bleh. I'd prefer Nemesis' suggestion if possible.

About Burnout, do we know which games in the series have this particular glitch? The patches in the archive were widescreen hacks for the 4:3 versions, not an "auto-widescreen" patch. So if someone would look into Nemesis' hack suggestion, or making "auto-widescreen" patches for Burnout as an exception, it's fine by me.

I recently made a subfolder in the archive called "Useful cheats", which contains the Kingdom Hearts 60 FPS patches, Jax X .pnach fix so that it loads, and the BIOS widescreen patches. I'd feel comfortable putting it in there.
(05-30-2014, 02:27 PM)devina40 Wrote: I recently made a subfolder in the archive called "Useful cheats", which contains the Kingdom Hearts 60 FPS patches, Jax X .pnach fix so that it loads, and the BIOS widescreen patches. I'd feel comfortable putting it in there.

I was thinking of making it a standalone hack, like ask as many people as possible from here to port the hack to their version(s) of the BIOS (it's really easy) then find a way to calculate a CRC for the BIOS or something and load that pnach. Or an alternative is submit the codes for all/most possible revisions of the BIOS and have a standalone option that calls automaticaly the cheat when it detects the region/bios revision upon full boot and discards it when it starts to load a game.

nemesis2000, do you think that BIOS files could be patched like game ELFs?
(05-30-2014, 01:50 PM)devina40 Wrote: Arapapa, feel free to port Smash Court Tennis Pro Tournament 2 to NTSC-U/PAL if you can.
Right now there's only an NTSC-K version.

Blush I'm stupid. It has a Widescreen option (include NTSC-K)
Sorry.... NTSC-K's Smash Court Pro Tourment 2 must be delete.

------------------------------------

NTSC-U

Thrillville
Thrillville - Off the Rails

NTSC-J

Zoids Infinity

PAL

Woody Woodpecker

NTSC-K

Thrillville - Off the Rails
Woody Woodpecker - Escape from Buzz Buzzard Park

------------------------------------

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.zip   WidePnach(140531).ZIP (Size: 3,37 KB / Downloads: 153)
No worries, I removed it.

Is Woody Woodpacker PAL and Woody Woodpecker: Escape from Escape from Buzz Buzzard Park the same game?
(05-31-2014, 01:27 AM)devina40 Wrote: Is Woody Woodpacker PAL and Woody Woodpecker: Escape from Escape from Buzz Buzzard Park the same game?

Yes. It's the same game.