PCSX2 - Widescreen Game Patches
Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 Final Mix both had their English patches updated, so I updated the widescreen patches too. Smile

KH2's English patch update (rev 6) fixes the glitchy subtitles. It looks great.

Sponsored links

What did you update in the widescreen patches? What's been fixed?

Also, do you have a link for Rev6 of Xeeynamo's English patch for KHII FM? I don't see it on his blog or his Twitter feed. Also since you brought up the subject of the KHFM English patch...is it any good? From what I recall reading on the creator's post, it's glitchy and not ready for prime time..so I never tried it.
[Image: pNm13X9.gif]
Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 1909 | AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Crucial 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3600 RAM | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD | WD Red Plus 8TB

CPU Intensive Games
GPU Intensive Games
Games that don't need a strong CPU
Here it is: http://sora6645.blogspot.gr/2015/02/king...glish.html
Anyone knows if it can be applied on a patched rev 5 iso?
Also I see he also has this patch: New 2.5 In Gameplay Voices . Is it what I think it is? Laugh
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Oh so it's not by Xeeynamo, gotcha. That's kinda shady that he would call it Rev6 then, making it look like it's a newer version of Xeeynamo's own patch.
Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 1909 | AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Crucial 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3600 RAM | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD | WD Red Plus 8TB

CPU Intensive Games
GPU Intensive Games
I just made the widescreen patch compatible with Rev 6, and yes, I found it on the link Bositman found.
According to the patch info, Xeeynamo let Sora6645 improve on his patch, hence why it's called Rev 6.

The optional voice pack returns the voices in the silent scenes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0r0T98h6M4

As for KH2FM, I would apply it on a fresh .iso of KH2FM, not one that has already been patched.

For KH1:
http://kh-vids.net/threads/kingdom-heart...ss.121896/
@nemesis2000:

Recently I was playing Return to Castle Wolfenstein, using your widescreen patch. I played through a couple of levels and the patch is working beautifully, with one minor flaw: If you look through the binoculars, sniper scope or use one of the mounted machine guns, the FOV is distorted. If you want to look into this, the binoculars can be found right at the beginning of the game (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpUx8Bn5EQE at 7:10).

-----

Besides that, do you remember the Ratchet & Clank 1 patch?

(08-17-2014, 01:24 PM)nemesis2000 Wrote: its because the game is hardcoded for 4:3 and also that the game overwrites original elf code in memory with data from iso file

I tried patching R&C 2, 3 and Deadlocked in the same way (they unfortunately are all vert-), since my old memory patches are crappy and work only for the first level...
Apparently I didn't test them properly back then Tongue
However, it seems to be more complex for the later games. Here's what I got:

Ratchet & Clank 2 (NTSC-U)

For every level, a 'both FOV' buffer can be found in the 2xxxxxxx memory:

Code:
201BD370 //buffer level 1
201BDA70 //buffer level 2
201BD7B0 //buffer level 3 (space ship mission)
201BEAB0 //buffer level 4
201BD130 //buffer level 4a (asteroid mission)

These buffers change values often, but for gameplay (controlling Ratchet or his space ship), it seems there are only two slightly different values:

Code:
3F1EB852 //FOV value 1
3F214633 //FOV value 2

Which of those values is written is a bit arbitrary, for example often one value is used until the next cutscene, but when Ratchet dies the last checkpoint is reloaded with the other value.

Now this was the same for R&C1, but only one FOV value was used for the gameplay and exactly that value could be replaced in the ISO (120+ times) and everything was covered. For R&C2 I can only find value 1 in the ISO, by searching for

Code:
1E3F 013C 52B8 2134

Batch replacing this does work, but only the scenes where normally 3F1EB852 would be used are patched.
I didn't find 3F214633 in the ISO and do not know where this value comes from.

Ratchet & Clank 3 (NTSC-U)

It's the same here. For every level there's a 'both FOV' buffer:

Code:
201E76B0 //buffer level 1
201E5F70 //buffer level 2

Again, for actual gameplay there are two similar values:

Code:
3F1EB852 //FOV value 1
3F1EBA08 //FOV value 2

Notice that value 1 is actually exactly the same as for R&C2, but value 2 is different. And as for R&C2, I can only find value 1 in the ISO, by searching for

Code:
1E3F 013C 52B8 2134

(I can't find 3F1EBA08.)

Ratchet Deadlocked

Most certainly it's the same as above. The both FOV buffer for the first level is at $2023FEF0, and value 3F1EBA08 is used as in R&C3.

It would be great if you could take a look at this - I'm stuck...

Best regards
(03-10-2015, 03:54 PM)Devina Wrote: I just made the widescreen patch compatible with Rev 6, and yes, I found it on the link Bositman found.
According to the patch info, Xeeynamo let Sora6645 improve on his patch, hence why it's called Rev 6.

The optional voice pack returns the voices in the silent scenes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0r0T98h6M4

As for KH2FM, I would apply it on a fresh .iso of KH2FM, not one that has already been patched.

For KH1:
http://kh-vids.net/threads/kingdom-heart...ss.121896/

So Rev6 changes the CRC on the ELF again? Also where are you seeing this business of Xeeynamo letting Sora6645 improve the patch? I don't see it anywhere in the link provided.

That voice pack still needs some work, it seems out of sync. Cool stuff though!

Yeah that's the link I'm talking about for KHFM. My question was:
Also since you brought up the subject of the KHFM English patch...is it any good? From what I recall reading on the creator's post, it's glitchy and not ready for prime time..so I never tried it.

CPU Intensive Games
GPU Intensive Games
Yes, rev 6 has a different CRC than rev 5. Xeeyanmo let Sora improve it - it's stated in the patcher when you load the patch in.

KH1FM seems perfect, except for some untranslated text in Traverse Town/Hallow Bastion.

KH2FM rev 6 seems perfect, except some text in Mulan's world.

Both are satisfactory - not perfect - but satisfactory. I can overlook a few untranslated textboxes.
Sounds interesting. Have you had KHFM crash on you? Also, is there a list of changes/improvements made to Rev6? Rev5 seemed pretty legit to me. I only remember a couple of untranslated things.

CPU Intensive Games
GPU Intensive Games
No crashes. Smile

60 FPS patch may cause crashes in KH1 when visiting the hill in Halloween Town, or a certain Trinity color. Not a big deal, since you can just disable it temporarily.

Rev 6 fixes some poor translation in the movie theater, and the gross subtitles.
I also believe it makes it more similar to 2.5 HD Remix translation.