PCSX2 - Widescreen Game Patches
This is pretty much a rehash of my last post, but for Earth Defense Force 2 Smile!

Pnaches:
  • Simple 2000 Series Vol.81 - The Chikyuu Boueigun 2 (NTSC-J) [SLPM-62652] [7CD1CDCD]
    .pnach   7CD1CDCD.pnach (Size: 1.022 bytes / Downloads: 501)
  • Global Defence Force (PAL-E) [SLES-54464] [DD35AC9F]
    .pnach   DD35AC9F.pnach (Size: 991 bytes / Downloads: 631)

Changelog (compared to ggxxtonghao and Yourgrandma's previous NTSC-J/PAL hacks):
  • Reworked original NTSC/PAL hacks into ELF ones. As a result, no menu corruption occurs anymore when booting the game (Yourgrandma's comment in the original PAL hack warned of it). All hacks for both versions of this game are now ELF ones.
  • Added two 16:10 modes:
    • 16:10 (Normal) - Uses a wider X field of view (FOV) than 4:3, but isn't as wide as 16:9.
    • 16:10 (Ultra) - Uses the same X FOV as 16:9, with a taller Y FOV to account for 16:10's increased height.

Notes:
  • All attached screenshots are of the Japanese version.
  • All of Sandlot's games use a depth of field effect that looks hideous in GSdx hardware mode. Skipdraw 1 seems to fix it. All of the attached screenshots were taken with that hack enabled. A while back I posted an issue on PCSX2's old Google Code repository to try presetting that hack, but nothing came of it.
  • In this game, a white line normally appears to the right of the health bar in GSdx hardware mode. Setting "Round Sprite: Half" fixes it. All of the attached screenshots were taken with that hack enabled.
  • This game uses a heavy blooming effect that makes oddly-shaped "ghosts" appear beside everything in GSdx hardware mode. Skipdraw 9 kind of disables the blooming, at the cost of making everything somewhat darker and causing the entire screen to flash when firing weapons (instead of seeing bullets). No other hardware hacks (including TC Offset) can fully fix it. I presume fixing it would require PCSX2's developers to create a specialized hack for this game. None of the attached screenshots used any hacks to lessen this effect.
  • To enable one of the 16:10 hacks, comment-out the 16:9 hack and uncomment your desired 16:10 one.

Screenshot descriptions:
  1. 4:3
  2. 16:10 (normal)
  3. 16:9
  4. 16:10 (ultra)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

Oh yeah, thank you Aced14, i tried in the past to make a new patch for this game which avoids
the corruption menus but whithout success, and now you made it, thank you very much.

Best regards.
(10-22-2015, 11:56 PM)Devina Wrote: Thanks sergx12! Smile

I'm disabling the HUD fix by default, because I hate the awkward fade-to-black transitions, and I hate how the font becomes thick. If these two issues can be fixed in the future, then I'll reconsider.
you're welcome!

Arthur and the Invisibles - The Game SLUS_213.05
Coraline SLUS_218.54 (hud centered and not always looks good. optional fix inside patch)
Da Vinci Code, The SLUS_214.43
FlatOut SLUS_209.01
Incredibles, The SLUS_209.05 (include hang fix by Prafull)
Incredibles, The - Rise of the Underminer SLUS_212.17 (include hang fix by Prafull)
Justice League Heroes SLUS_213.04
Mission Impossible - Operation Surma SLES_520.01
Ys: The Ark of Napishtim SLUS_209.80 (added render fix)
Spider-Man 3 SLUS_215.52

.zip   ws patches.zip (Size: 4,95 KB / Downloads: 255)
Wow, fantastic work sergx12!!
All the hacks are in the ELF or there are ones which are memory hacks?
Thinking in conversions to other regions.

Best regards.
(10-27-2015, 11:58 AM)El_Patas Wrote:  or there are ones which are memory hacks?
only mission impossible (elf hack breaks the game camera) and black border fix for spider man 3.
And which are the original values replaced for the black border fix of spiderman 3?

Best regards.
(10-27-2015, 04:37 PM)El_Patas Wrote: And which are the original values replaced for the black border fix of spiderman 3?

Best regards.

3fb19fdd
I would like to make a request for Battle Stadium D.O.N. NTSC-J please Smile
(10-27-2015, 09:10 PM)Hiker5 Wrote: I would like to make a request for Battle Stadium D.O.N. NTSC-J please Smile
Battle Stadium DON SLPS_256.75

.pnach   82EA02B7.pnach (Size: 175 bytes / Downloads: 773)

Thank you very much again sergx12.

Best regards.