PCSX2 - Widescreen Game Patches
(12-27-2016, 12:36 AM)RibShark Wrote: There is an issue with the Rayman 2: Revolution widescreen hack. The game draws coronas around certain bright light sources, and with the widescreen hack, these are positioned incorrectly: . As you can see, in this case the corona is slightly too far to the left. The position appears to be where it should be positioned if the widescreen hack wasn't active.

I guess that coronas are treated as a 2D element and are stretched. It would need an extra cheat code that unstretches that effect, although there is a good chance that coronas outside of the 4:3 area won't appear.

As a worse alternative if you don't know how to create a code like that, I think it's doable with 3Dmigoto for the DX11 renderer (the same way I changed the HUD aspect ratio in DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 3).
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti GAMING X TRIO
Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix X670E-F Gaming WiFi
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz CL30 DDR5
Monitor: Asus PG278QR

Sponsored links

I have experience with creating widescreen mods for PC games, but not much experience handling PS2 games. I don't know how the current code for Rayman Revolution works (something about a matrix hack?) and the tutorials available detail a different method than is used for that game. If there's anything I might have missed that could help me, a link would be nice Laugh

As far as 3Dmigoto goes, it doesn't work with me on PCSX2. There's already a GitHub issue created by someone else who could also not get it to work.
Need some help guys. I would like to run my ps2 games on original hardware in widescreen. So I made my first test using silent hill 2 SLES-50382 (the version with the artbook) and codebreaker 10 running on mc free boot but its not working. This is how my codes looks like:

Mastercode:
FA7A006E 32B189F9

source: http://bsfree.shadowflareindustries.com/...=9&g=13410

Widescreen:
210E4C14 43A8F5C3 / X-RES
210E4C18 43E00000 / Y-RES

Do I miss something?
@Shenmue_Trilogy, do not use that, you can patch directly the pnach patches over the ISO image of the game using the
program PS2 Patch Engine, and then load the game in the PS2.

But in the case that the PS2 Patch Engine fails to patch, (he have a high rate success but not works for some games), or you just like
use the codes without modify the game itself, then you can use the program PS2RD wich uses the RAW format for the codes.

For the PS2RD there are single versions of the program, but also is integrated inside the last beta revision (r981) of the OPL program for more easy of use.
In the case of use the PS2RD, is needed convert the pnach patch to RAW codes using the PNACH Converter program.
Then search a RAW Master Code with the Mastercode Finder program.
And having the Master code and the patch in RAW format use it with any of the PS2RD forms.

Best regards.
(12-29-2016, 02:10 PM)Shenmue_Trilogy Wrote: Do I miss something?

code for raw codes in CB
@El_Patas

Thanks for your help. Thats a lot of effort. I need to check this out later. Currently I am still trying to run the codes with codebreaker. I found the raw codebreaker master code:
http://gamehacking.org/game/102560

I am using following codes on Silent Hill 2 PAL Version using Codebreaker 10

Master:
F020FA2C 001A3023

Widescreen:
210E4C14 43A8F5C3

...aaaand i get a black screen after starting the game with codes. I have no I idea why its not working Sad Also tried with Codebreaker 9.2 version and same result.
(12-30-2016, 12:16 AM)Shenmue_Trilogy Wrote: @El_Patas

Thanks for your help. Thats a lot of effort. I need to check this out later. Currently I am still trying to run the codes with codebreaker. I found the raw codebreaker master code:
http://gamehacking.org/game/102560

I am using following codes on Silent Hill 2 PAL Version using Codebreaker 10

Master:
F020FA2C 001A3023

Widescreen:
210E4C14 43A8F5C3

...aaaand i get a black screen after starting the game with codes. I have no I idea why its not working Sad Also tried with Codebreaker 9.2 version and same result.

http://psx-scene.com/forums/f173/master-...ts-123634/

I have mostly all the good ps2 games on my 500 gig 2.5 sata harddrive in my fat ps2. I have silent hill 2 and 4 in my original xbox, so I never tested these games, sorry. ... ... ... ... scroll back a few pages and follow the examples I used for the cheat engine of "Open PS2 Loader", just place the .cht (notepad file .txt extension renamed to .cht) file in the CHT folder of OPL, I think thats right off hand.

You may also need to try the original version or the greatests hits version or pal version, like your said you tried pal already? (Controller Remapper only worked on Devil May Cry 3 SE PAL, with the widescreen patches, not on ntsc, for that game with controller remapper)

*removed*

I make this package, there's no illegal files in there, but I have a tutorial on a site that does so I can only give you the link to the package with no illegal files. (FMCB has no logo, 1.8 ... and open ps2 loader current version has no logo ... you have lots of setup examples in there to play with)
I have removed the link for now. POPS.ELF and IOPRP252.IMG are copyright of Sony and are illegal if distributed, those files were on there.

Also the version of FMCB on there seems to be some sort of unbranded version? That's very not cool considering the hard work made by the original authors.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(12-23-2016, 04:47 PM)Devina Wrote: PCSX2 searches for both a cheats_ws folder and a cheats_ws.zip. It's just that the .zip takes priority over the folder.

It's the other way around. The zip is bundled with PCSX2 and considered part of PCSX2, and so the user can override it with patches at the folder - which is under the user's control.

I.e. if patches are found for some CRC at the folder, then PCSX2 completely ignores the zip for this CRC (note "patches are found", i.e. if the file is empty without any patches, or if everything in it is commented, then PCSX2 _will_ search the zip).
Ok so I have a problem with Shadow the Hedgehog (PAL version).. I'm running it from HDD on my PS2 with widescreen patch already patched (PS2 patch engine) and I get this

And I know it works on console because from my disc it works great 

Please can someone helps me? :c