PCSX2 - Widescreen Game Patches
(12-23-2016, 10:36 AM)asasega Wrote: Hello guys
I see that there is no dedicated 60fps thread so I post here
In the pnatch patches thread i posted a 60fps code for WipeoutPulse
Now I'm working on FF12(SLUS20963) and found address 00547ED0 with value 02, if I modify it to 01 it seems 60 fps with double speed. Problem is my computer it's not beefy enough, so can someone with good eyes for 60fps(because of lack of internal framerate counter in pcsx2) and good computer confirm it's 60fps?
If that's true then we can start searching for speed modifier.

You should probably make a thread in General Discussion and Support (Windows)

(12-23-2016, 12:46 PM)AnAnarchist Wrote: Thanks for the reply to point number 2, you've put my mind at peace on the issue.

Regarding point 1. Yes that's my point, as far as I can tell PCSX2 isn't looking for a cheat_ws folder. It looks for a cheat_ws zip file. If you have a cheats_ws folder in the PCSX2 directory the widescreen patches aren't found, it needs to be a zip file. The instructions on your document lead me to drag out the cheat_ws folder from your provided zip into the PCSX2 directory. What I actually needed to do was drag out the contents of the cheats_ws folder in your zip and then zip those 2500 odd files into a cheats_ws.zip file (placed into my PCSX2 folder). I'd guess that some people are following your instuctions and thinking it's working but in reality they are still using the 1994 patches currently provided in the PCSX2 default download.

Hope I made that clear Smile

PCSX2 searches for both a cheats_ws folder and a cheats_ws.zip. It's just that the .zip takes priority over the folder.

Sponsored links

(12-23-2016, 10:36 AM)asasega Wrote: Problem is my computer it's not beefy enough, so can someone with good eyes for 60fps(because of lack of internal framerate counter in pcsx2) and good computer confirm it's 60fps?

use internal recorder and count frames in video
(12-23-2016, 04:47 PM)Devina Wrote: You should probably make a thread in General Discussion and Support (Windows)
Ah ok, seeing the WideScreen thread here,which contains 60fps discussion  I thought this is the place
(12-23-2016, 05:33 PM)nemesis2000 Wrote: use internal recorder and count frames in video
Thx for the tip, it seems indeed is real 60fps. In virtualdub every frame is different in 60fps, whereas every other is different in 30fps mode. Frame count is the same because pcsx2 records@59,94 regardless of the game real fps.
Not ontopic but since it's the topic that "started it all" over here felt like sharing with everybody here...

This is how the original Gameboy looks like in widescreen with proper rendering of the off bounds parts:
[Image: 2ppyqg1.jpg]

It works better in some games than others, there are always some glitches past the visible parts mostly in the area of a HUD. I just wish more emulators would give you the ability to render borderless so you can "steal" real estate from the sides. It doesn't hurt to try.
(12-23-2016, 05:33 PM)nemesis2000 Wrote: use internal recorder and count frames in video

Does this really work well and correctly? Because if it does then it could provide insight in to making a proper internal fps counter.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
It looks line animatioms are keyframed in Final Fantasy XII.
I found a value to slow down logic and animations so the gane will run at 1x speed at 60 fps but characters are still animated at 30 fps while the game is running at 60 fps.
(12-24-2016, 11:32 AM)Esppiral Wrote: It looks line animatioms are keyframed in Final Fantasy XII.
I found a value to slow down logic and animations so the gane will run at 1x speed at 60 fps but characters are still animated at 30 fps while the game is running at 60 fps.

Please post the code when you have it ready (even if animations are at 30fps). I would love to try it, with the International version if possible.

@VIRGIN KLM: are those Gameboy screenshots from a specific emulator? And which one? Or are they cheat codes?
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti GAMING X TRIO
Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix X670E-F Gaming WiFi
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz CL30 DDR5
Monitor: Asus PG278QR
(12-24-2016, 10:13 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Does this really work well and correctly? Because if it does then it could provide insight in to making a proper internal fps counter.
No because the videos recorded contains the same number of frames regardless of the game fps.
The way I verified FF12 was recording two videos in 30 and 60 fps respectively, and they had the same framecount. But I recorded while panning the camera and using virtual dub, which can playback frame by frame, only the 60 fps mode video advanced the graphics on every frame, the 30 fps mode video advanced the graphic only other frame.

Following the recommendation, I opened a thread for 60 fps discussion
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-60-fps-codes
(12-24-2016, 12:55 PM)masterotaku Wrote: @VIRGIN KLM: are those Gameboy screenshots from a specific emulator? And which one? Or are they cheat codes?

It's goomba emulator:
http://www.webpersona.com/goomba/
You can select the games to play borderless which results into rendering the whole extra area on all sides.
There is an issue with the Rayman 2: Revolution widescreen hack. The game draws coronas around certain bright light sources, and with the widescreen hack, these are positioned incorrectly: [Image: MolVEBV.png]. As you can see, in this case the corona is slightly too far to the left. The position appears to be where it should be positioned if the widescreen hack wasn't active.