PCSX2 - Widescreen Game Patches
what problem did you keep hitting in ratchet 2

Sponsored links

Obscure - PAL Widescreen patch that was fixed on 584, is this still an issue on the NTSC version? Don't know if I should replace these games on my ps2 hdd, since i have the older ntsc patches. (I'm sure VFIX works to fix the pal resolution to ntsc, just curious). Thanks again for the patches.
(06-25-2017, 01:31 AM)Devina Wrote: Wow ElHecht, those Ratchet and Clank patches are long! Nice work. How long did it take to make those?

Can you port them NTSC-U?

Thanks. With the free time i have it took me about 4 weeks to create the 4 patches.
Yes you can port them to any region, but it's very time consuming because you have to load every level to gain the addresses for porting.

(06-25-2017, 01:52 AM)gamemasterplc Wrote: a search routine and code patching might be shorter

yes it is shorter, but with some negative effects i didn't like when playing the game.

The more i played the more i got annoyed by this, so i decided to revert the menu and vendor screen back to 4:3. The only way i found to do it was leaving the simple way ...

(06-26-2017, 05:48 PM)PsxFan107 Wrote: @Devina  I tried looking into Ratchet & Clank 2, however I ran into an issue I couldn't resolve. I'll keep trying though.

Thanks for the compliments guys, I really appreciate it! Life's been kinda rough for me lately.

Good job on your first ratchet patch! 
I guess you are trying to solve the issue where the fov value(s) cannot be compared with the last one, because they come in an order where your comparison always triggers, like

3f2147ae
3f214633
3f1eb852
3f2147ae
3f214633
3f1eb852

This would cause the fov trying to hit zero ...
I have already solved the issue with the FOV and finished the patch. I am currently working on Ratchet 3.

Edit: I think I can implement a fix for the pause menu and gadgetron vendor. I'll give it a shot and see what happens.
(01-01-2017, 10:07 PM)El_Patas Wrote: I checked again the game Shadow the Hedgehog for patch it with PS2 Patch Engine and definitely the patch not works well
with this method in the PS2, is needed use the RAW codes.

I improved the pnach patch with better accurate widescreen, and i fixed the font for both patches, the pnach and the ps2rd:

Shadow the Hedgehog (PAL)

PNACH patch:

PS2RD patch:

Best regards.

Hello everyone. I have a request for Shadow the Hedgehog.

Can someone convert these patches for the NTSC version of the game? I really am in need of these patches for that version. I think there's already a patch for that region, but it still has the misplaced fonts problem. If someone would please do that, I really would appreciate that.

P.s: I thought that usually the NTSC versions are the priority for the patches... well, whatever.

Thanks for your support.
(06-27-2017, 06:36 PM)The Blue Blur Wrote: Hello everyone. I have a request for Shadow the Hedgehog.

Can someone convert these patches for the NTSC version of the game? I really am in need of these patches for that version. I think there's already a patch for that region, but it still has the misplaced fonts problem. If someone would please do that, I really would appreciate that.

P.s: I thought that usually the NTSC versions are the priority for the patches... well, whatever.

Thanks for your support.

PAL version has option to choose between NTSC and PAL. So you can go with that :v
(06-27-2017, 09:58 PM)Pixelise Wrote: PAL version has option to choose between NTSC and PAL. So you can go with that :v

Hi Pixelise.

Yeah I know that PAL version has that option, but I just wanted to have the corrected patch for the NTSC version too.

The thing is, you see, the NTSC version does have an option to change in-game voice language; while the PAL version does not. It might not be that important, but still it's a thing. And also, I'm tired of selecting frequency every time I want to play; it's unnecessary, as I always select 60Hz.

If I had the ability (information - tools - etc.) to do so, I'd have done that myself. 

...Which reminds me, can I change patches from one region to another; and if so, how?
Are you unaware that my widescreen archive exists? There's been a NTSC-U patch for Shadow the Hedgehog for a long time. The "font fix" which I made has been removed because it's glitchy on some PCSX2 builds.
shadow font fix probably needs ASM hack