PCSX2 - Widescreen Game Patches
nemesis2000, can you take a look at your Freedom Fighters wrapper for PC?

I get brown screen (and game gets locked) the first time you use the punch button. It happens in Windows 10 Fall Update. And it works fine with every other D3D8 wrapper, without widescreen of course.

Sponsored links

(12-28-2017, 12:34 AM)gamemasterplc Wrote: Apply this patch to improve the HUD in the US version of Tales of the Abyss when playing in widescreen. Most menus are left aligned due to the fix requiring another 100 lines and not having enough room in the patch format. Place names when you enter them for the first time are left aligned. This does not work as an ELF patch due to the enable conditions being required due to the game's overlay system for battles and the world map. Minor slide in issues exist with portraits on some skits with them not going fully offscreen when they should. A glitched bloom effect is also removed.

just to be clear

the "glitched bloom effect" is a result of your patch only

and not the previous "partial hud fix patch" for tales of abyss

if that is the case then, please, include that, because, you were misleading, btw, do you know which fix caused the bloom error in your patch?
it was high ir that caused the glitched bloom
It seems that the WS patch for Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror (NTSC) does not work at all. Maybe it never worked, but I'm not sure. Here's a comparison of the normal game, in-game widescreen and the WS patch itself. Notice how the aspect ratio, ect. is the same as the Normal output mode. (Side note: It's pretty stupid how the devs force you to choose between Progresive Scan and Widescreen - maybe there was a technical reason for it.)

WS Patch:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=65142]

Normal Output (Progressive Scan):

[Image: attachment.php?aid=65159]

In-game Widescreen:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=65141]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(01-01-2018, 04:27 AM)gamemasterplc Wrote: it was high ir that caused the glitched bloom

(now I remember, it was Fatal Frame, that everyone wanted to ditch the bloom effects, the game was boring) (on the ps2 console the widescreen patch for Echo Night Beyond Pal, causes glitches in the shadows, it may be related to the error you have there)

thanks, the other problem you indicate with the text realigning itself, it shouldn't be too bad to find ............. you should really disable the buggy fixes by default in the widescreen patch file you made, anyway, don't worry about that now, since you released it already.

I'm still excited by Ratchet And Clank fixed widescreen patches, and that was a while ago!
(01-03-2018, 01:48 AM)CK1 Wrote: It seems that the WS patch for Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror (NTSC) does not work at all. Maybe it never worked
lol
https://ps2wide.net/img/sp.png
NTSC-J

Momotarou Dentetsu 11 - Black Bonbi Shutsugen! no Maki
Momotarou Dentetsu 12 - Nishinihon Hen mo ari Masse!
Momotarou Dentetsu 15 - Godai Bonbi Toujo! no Kan
Momotarou Dentetsu 16 - Hokkaido Dai Idou no Kan
Momotarou Dentetsu USA
Monkey Turn V
Monster Bass
Monster Farm
Moto GP
Musou Orochi
Musou Orochi - Maou Sairin
Naruto - Uzumaki Ninden

NTSC-U

Monster Jam
Monster Jam - Urban Assault
Monster Lab
Monster Rancher 3
Monsters vs. Aliens
Motor Mayhem - Vehicular Combat League
Mountain Bike Adrenaline
Muppets Party Cruise
MVP 06 NCAA Baseball
MVP 07 NCAA Baseball
MX 2002 featuring Ricky Carmichael
MX SuperFly
MX World Tour featuring Jamie Little
MXRider
NASCAR Heat 2002
NBA Hoopz
The Mummy Returns

PAL

Monster Lab
Monster Trux Extreme - Arena Edition
Monster Trux Extreme - Offroad Edition
Monsters vs. Aliens
Moto X Maniac
Motor Mayhem
Motorbike King
Mountain Bike Adrenaline featuring Salomon
Mouse Trophy
Mr. Bean
MTV Celebrity Deathmatch
MTV Pimp My Ride - Street Racing
Muppets Party Cruise
MX 2002 featuring Ricky Carmichael
MX SuperFly
MX World Tour
MXRider
Myth Makers - Trixie in Toyland
Myth Makers - Orbs of Doom
Myth Makers - Super Kart GP
National Geographic - Safari Adventures Africa
NBA Hoopz
The Mummy Returns

Attached Files
.zip   Upload_180103.zip (Size: 35,1 KB / Downloads: 190)
(01-03-2018, 10:15 AM)nemesis2000 Wrote: lol
https://ps2wide.net/img/sp.png

Are you saying that the patch works? Does it have to be used with the in-game widscreen? In 16:9, the image was being stretched even with the WS patch enabled. I'll check again later.
(01-03-2018, 07:27 PM)CK1 Wrote: Does it have to be used with the in-game widscreen?
if patch enabled game launches in 480p 16:9 and you dont need to change anything in options
(01-03-2018, 07:36 PM)nemesis2000 Wrote: if patch enabled game launches in 480p 16:9 and you dont need to change anything in options

OK, I feel stupid now

Somehow I didn't notice that before Tongue