PCSX2 - Widescreen Game Patches
It's also worth noting you can elf patch certain games that can't be patched with ce... nemesis found some values for mgs2 that seem to work for all versions of the game

http://psx-scene.com/forums/f19/ps2-wide...post980216

Hopefully we'll get those pesky capcom games patched soon Tongue

Sponsored links

Added the following widescreen patches to my list:

Ratchet - Deadlocked (SCUS_97465)
Ratchet & Clank 2 - Going Commando (SCUS_97268)
Ratchet and Clank 3 - Up Your Arsenal (SCUS_97353)
Psi-Ops - The Mindgate Conspiracy (SLUS_20688)
Smugglers Run 2 - Hostile Territory (SLUS_20204)
Maximo - Ghosts to Glory (SLUS_20017)
Maximo vs Army of Zin (SLUS_20722)
TimeSplitters 2 (SLUS_20314)
Darkwatch (SLUS_21042)
XIII (SLUS_20677)

Credits go to nemesis2000 from psx-scene for sharing his ELF hacks for Darkwatch and TimeSplitters 2!

You can find the patches here.

PS: Yeah, I know the Ratchet games have a built-in widescreen mode, but it is only cropping the image ("vert-"). These are proper "hor+" patches.
(06-21-2012, 08:17 PM)No.47 Wrote: Credits go to nemesis2000 from psx-scene for sharing his ELF hacks for Darkwatch and TimeSplitters 2!

How do you traslate the address provided by nemesis2000 for darkwatch into memory address for the pnach cheat? Thanks
Intel 3570k @ 4.3 GHz -0.005 offset 1.224 V
Noctua NH-U9B push/pull
Asus Maximus V Gene - Bios 1707 LLC Ultra High
4x2GB Samsung 30nm @ 1600 11-11-11-28-1T
Asus GTX550 Ti - for now
MyDigitalSSD BP3 64GB msata - for now
Corsair AX650
(06-21-2012, 08:24 PM)cloudalmasai Wrote: How do you traslate the address provided by nemesis2000 for darkwatch into memory address for the pnach cheat? Thanks

I used Cheat Engine to find the addresses, it's probably not possible to simply convert the elf patches to memory patches.

(06-21-2012, 07:22 PM)synce Wrote: Hopefully we'll get those pesky capcom games patched soon Tongue

Which Capcom games do you mean? The ones using the Onimusha engine with the dynamic memory problem? Other than that, most Capcom games are already patched, aren't they?

Oh, I forgot Haunting Ground. We really need a patch for that one, it would look awesome in 16:9.
It's one of the many games I only found zoom out values for. Not only that, but quite a few of them follow the same pattern: Two zoom out values next to each other, one beeing 0,333... and the other beeing 0,1333... (first is "rough adjustment", second is "fine tuning"). If we only found out how to control the aspect ratio / vertical fov for one of these games...
Can someone please help me with monster hunter 2 widescreen patch. I can not find the values for nothing. Thanks in advance.
yeah godhand and demento would be nice, i also had no luck with dmc1 and apparently okami is tricky too. with elf hacks maybe we can even get the zoe games patched. hd ports be damned!
You're right, "Demento" sounds much better Wink

Didn't try DMC yet, IIRC I couldn't get it to work with PCSX2. It's probably better that way, I already wasted more than enough time on games you considered "unlikely to get patched"...

Are the ZoE and MGS games using the same (/similar) engine?
tales of the abyss would be nice too, but seriously I dont think its possible I tried tons of settings and most just screw the background and character position, wild arms, rule of rose are also problematic ( I had one for rule of rose but it screws the textures up, no fun if the character has no face Tongue2)
regarding zoe1 and mgs2 the engine is probably modified, because unlike mgs2 i made a tiny bit of progress with zoe1 (pics in guide in my sig). the problem was that the image is off center and when the level changes so does the address
Armored core series also is a problematic one, I wish to know how nemesis2000 is finding these address and also so quickly!!!
Intel 3570k @ 4.3 GHz -0.005 offset 1.224 V
Noctua NH-U9B push/pull
Asus Maximus V Gene - Bios 1707 LLC Ultra High
4x2GB Samsung 30nm @ 1600 11-11-11-28-1T
Asus GTX550 Ti - for now
MyDigitalSSD BP3 64GB msata - for now
Corsair AX650