u mean the game supports it already..i knew about this
but i though maby u guys did better FOV or somthing

thanx
My PC:-
i7 950 oc 4ghz
GTX 780 sc
RAM 16 gb

Sponsored links

I cant figure out how to use the widescreen program. All im tryin to do is play Kingdom Hearts 1 at 16:10, can someone give me an exact idea of what I should be doing. I know im retarded but im desperate.
Hello, I tried to port synce Xenosaga III NTSC-J to Us version like Xenosaga II, With Cheat Engine I found the value for 16:9 ( 208BC470 ), I tried to reemplaze 208bacxx with 208BC4xx something like xenosaga ii but it doesn't work, yeah the game is WS now but the render problem is still there and is very ugly.

The thing I notice it's the change in the values, the first value in Synce patch is 208babf0 then it change to 208bacxx. I think thats the reason.

If someone can port this patch it would be great.

Sorry for my bad english.
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time (SLUS-20743) 7F6EB3D0.pnach

[Image: pop11.jpg]

[Image: pop12.jpg]

Prince of Persia: Warrior Within (SLUS-21022) 6B17B39F.pnach

[Image: pop21.jpg]

[Image: pop22.jpg]

Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones (SLUS-21287) 84F3309D.pnach

[Image: pop31.jpg]

[Image: pop32.jpg]
Xenosaga Episode III - NTSC-U version

It took me a while (This is my first patch and my first work with cheat engine too), this is basically a port from the ntsc-j version by since, I only test the beginning and the parts where the render problem happened 0 problems.

IMPORTANT: This patch have a problem in the fmvs and in some E.S battles, to solve that you need Cheat Engine 6.2

To solve the problem, follow the next steps:

-Playing the game WHEN THE PROBLEM HAPPEN (black bar in the right side of the screen), pause the emulation and open cheat engine.
-In cheat engine, click to "Open Process" (the computer icon), then find and select "Pcsx2.exe".
-Click in "Add Address Manually", in the next screen type this address: "208BC4A8", type: Float.
-Resume the emulation, right click in the address you add and select "Find out what writes in this address", select "Yes" in the next dialog.
-There must be appear one or two "Instructions", select the one who says "mov[ecx],edx".
-Click in replace, "Yes" in the next Dialog and thats it, problem solved.
*NOTE: You need to do this every time you open the emulator and when you load a savestate.

It's very fast and easy, but if someone knows how to solve the problem without do this, please PM me with the solution.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.pnach   2088950A.pnach (Size: 300 bytes / Downloads: 498)
Good job, that's one of the trickier games to patch Wacko
-----re: The "Kingdom Hearts" pnach files I released recently
(09-07-2012, 06:00 PM)kaicooper Wrote: sorry my frined..but when i click the patch for US ..it just open another page with codes?
Have you never used pnach files before ?

That is what SHOULD happen when you left-click on any pnach file link in this forum. (Normally done when you just want to check its content.)

Quote:what to do?
The proper thing to do is to right-click on the link and in the popup menu that then opens choose to save the linked file. This way you get it stored on your own computer, as needed.

Next you copy that file into the subfolder named "cheats", inside your main folder for PCSX2 (the one where the "pcsx2.exe" is stored).

If you want to use the game with aspect ratio 16:10 (my chosen default) then you need do no more. The emulator will use that pnach file automatically when loading a game with a matching CRC (== Kingdom Hearts (US)), provided of course that you have set PCSX2 to "Enable Cheats" in its dropdown menu labeled "System".

And if you want another aspect ratio, such as 16:9, then you will have to edit the pnach file (it is a normal text file), and comment out the four currently active patch lines (by adding "//" at the start of those lines), and uncommenting the four patch lines for 16:9 (by deleting the "//" characters at the start of those lines).

Best regards: dlanor
(09-08-2012, 08:13 AM)Mcspanky37 Wrote: I cant figure out how to use the widescreen program. All im tryin to do is play Kingdom Hearts 1 at 16:10, can someone give me an exact idea of what I should be doing. I know im retarded but im desperate.
Just five posts earlier than yours (in post#857) I posted links to my pnach files for Kingdom Hearts 1, and both of these pnach files are preset to use aspect ratio 16:10. One is for the US release and the other is for the UK release.

So if you have either the US or the UK release of the game, then all you need do is to download and store the proper pnach file (or both) from my post into the "cheats" subfolder of your PCSX2 folder. Then you just open the emulator's dropdown menu and set it to "Enable Cheats". After this the emulator will use the patches automatically whenever you run the matching game.

NB: You do NOT need to use the 'widescreen program'.
That's just one of several tools used by those who create widescreen patches.

Best regards: dlanor
Xenosaga Episode II - NTSC-U (16:10)

Another port from the ntsc-j version patch, but this time (because my monitor is 16:10) I experiment a little and convert it to 16:10.

Synce, man I have to thank you, not only for the original values, also for the guide you post, it was really usefull!

Maybe I'll do a 16:10 version for the episode III (well I only need to change the values and test).

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.pnach   EB39ABEC.pnach (Size: 257 bytes / Downloads: 416)
(09-02-2012, 05:47 PM)nemesis2000 Wrote: new patch for Okami (SLUS-20811)

21068223.pnach

fixed drawing issue
fixed some popups

This is great, thanks. I've been lucky enough to find patches created by others but I have a 16:10 monitor. I read by previous posters about multiplying base width/height values but I'm not sure how to do it. I'm far from understanding the .pnach file besides the guide of looking for the constant value with cheat engine.

If it's just a matter of multiplying/dividing a value against the hex value, can someone make the adjustment based on nemesis's 16:9 patch? Providing the math logic break down will be helpful too so I can learn to do this for other games. Thanks!

Edit: Actually no worries. I'll figure it out.