PCSX2 - Widescreen Game Patches
(04-06-2015, 06:51 PM)Aced14 Wrote: The error message you quoted seems to be complaining about the format of the "2081A8D1" and "2081AB02" addresses. PS2 Patch Engine wants the last digit of those addresses to end with a multiple of 4 (since they're set as type 2 codes).

I've revised the Battles/Overworld codes into type 1 ones. That should fix the issue you ran into Smile.

Battles/Overworld:
patch=1,EE,1081A8D2,extended,00003F40
patch=1,EE,1081AB02,extended,00003F40

Awesome, thank you! I will give it a go. Smile

Sponsored links

(04-06-2015, 06:51 PM)Aced14 Wrote: I've revised the Battles/Overworld codes into type 1 ones. That should fix the issue you ran into Smile.

Worked perfectly! Thanks again for your help.
I need some help with patching Twisted Metal Head On to be widescreen. I have searched all of the common widescreen values according to a thread I saw on this forum and searched the 2xx and 3xx ranges. I did find one 3f8xxxx value that did change the X & Y axis of the camera, but that does not resolve the lack of widescreen.

This is the offset location 206070d8 and changing it to 3f400000 from 3f800000 does not work. I have not found any other locations in memory that have as noticeable effect on the camera. I did change 3f800000 to other floating point values such as 0.2 and noticed a zoomed in effect, but beyond that nothing helpful. Changing other offsets though I was able to speed up or slow down certain physics of the game, but I know that's normal while searching for the proper offset.
(04-09-2015, 11:24 PM)gbit Wrote: I need some help with patching Twisted Metal Head On to be widescreen. I have searched all of the common widescreen values according to a thread I saw on this forum and searched the 2xx and 3xx ranges. I did find one 3f8xxxx value that did change the X & Y axis of the camera, but that does not resolve the lack of widescreen.

This is the offset location 206070d8 and changing it to 3f400000 from 3f800000 does not work. I have not found any other locations in memory that have as noticeable effect on the camera. I did change 3f800000 to other floating point values such as 0.2 and noticed a zoomed in effect, but beyond that nothing helpful. Changing other offsets though I was able to speed up or slow down certain physics of the game, but I know that's normal while searching for the proper offset.

You're partially in business Smile!

I started working on widescreen hacks for that game a while ago, but hadn't released anything up to this point due to the hacks still being in an experimental state. I don't see any harm in releasing them in their current state, but keep in mind that at this time they're nowhere near the level of perfection of some of the other widescreen hacks I've previously released.

Pnach:
  • Twisted Metal - Head-On [Extra Twisted Edition] (NTSC-U) [SCUS-97621] [3DC2FE45]
    .pnach   3DC2FE45.pnach (Size: 2,04 KB / Downloads: 535)

What's covered:
  • Widescreen field of views have been setup for all 1 and 2 player viewports.
  • Repositioned radar and weapon HUDs to the far left and far right respectively (incomplete).

What's missing:
  • Weapon HUD's rotating weapon logos need to be repositioned leftwards to center them properly.
  • 2D text needs to be thinned out.
  • Left and right-aligned 2D text (especially inside HUDs) need to be repositioned.
  • A fix needs to be implemented to prevent radar coordinate dots from overflowing beyond the radar circle.
  • Widths of moving enemy health bars/arrows need to be decreased.
  • FMVs need to be resized.

Notes:
  • Overtime I'll enhance TMHOETE's widescreen hacks to become on par with the ones I've previously released for War of the Monsters and Twisted Metal: Black. But it'll probably take a while...
  • I might edit this post later tonight or over the weekend to add in screenshots and/or adjust some of its contents.
That's awesome Aced14!! Thanks!

I do have one other problem though and it does not seem to be anything unique with your patch, as I have not yet witnessed any widescreen patch working. I see in the log that this patch or another is being applied, but the aspect ratio is still the exact same. I do not see anything additional being rendered to both the left and right.

I've checked my video settings and it looks good, it should be wide, but I am guessing I am missing something obvious. Also the SLUS and CRC of the file does match and like I said it says it is loading the file, but it does not appear to work.
Nevermind, I was doing something stupid. I did not realize that my gamesaves were of course saving the patch along with it or in some cases overriding the patch by unpatching it...
(04-10-2015, 01:24 AM)Aced14 Wrote: You're partially in business Smile!

I started working on widescreen hacks for that game a while ago, but hadn't released anything up to this point due to the hacks still being in an experimental state. I don't see any harm in releasing them in their current state, but keep in mind that at this time they're nowhere near the level of perfection of some of the other widescreen hacks I've previously released.

Pnach:
  • Twisted Metal - Head-On [Extra Twisted Edition] (NTSC-U) [SCUS-97621] [3DC2FE45]

What's covered:
  • Widescreen field of views have been setup for all 1 and 2 player viewports.
  • Repositioned radar and weapon HUDs to the far left and far right respectively (incomplete).

What's missing:
  • Weapon HUD's rotating weapon logos need to be repositioned leftwards to center them properly.
  • 2D text needs to be thinned out.
  • Left and right-aligned 2D text (especially inside HUDs) need to be repositioned.
  • A fix needs to be implemented to prevent radar coordinate dots from overflowing beyond the radar circle.
  • Widths of moving enemy health bars/arrows need to be decreased.
  • FMVs need to be resized.

Notes:
  • Overtime I'll enhance TMHOETE's widescreen hacks to become on par with the ones I've previously released for War of the Monsters and Twisted Metal: Black. But it'll probably take a while...
  • I might edit this post later tonight or over the weekend to add in screenshots and/or adjust some of its contents.

Ok so the kingdom hearts patch was right, I just thought it was supposed to be wider for some reason.

Your patch though doesn't really seem to be working for Twisted Metal Head On though. I would rather have it with the glitches than without, but still the aspect ratio is off. Here are screenshots of it off and on. The field of view is the same though.

It also glitches up the car models and the screenshots below were stretched into the 16:9 ratio, but it is truly 4:3 still.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(04-10-2015, 05:28 AM)gbit Wrote: Ok so the kingdom hearts patch was right, I just thought it was supposed to be wider for some reason.

Your patch though doesn't really seem to be working for Twisted Metal Head On though. I would rather have it with the glitches than without, but still the aspect ratio is off. Here are screenshots of it off and on. The field of view is the same though.

It also glitches up the car models and the screenshots below were stretched into the 16:9 ratio, but it is truly 4:3 still.

Seems like I might've missed an X FOV hack for 1 player story mode. The existing pnach should work as intended in all other modes. I'll add story mode support sometime over the weekend.

The lion's share of my testing while developing the hacks occurred in 1 player challenge mode and 2 player death match. Kind of strange that story mode would be using a separate X FOV value compared to challenge Wacko...

Regarding your screenshots and comment about the hacks glitching out the car models, I'm not getting anything like that on my end. Apart from graphics glitches that usually occur when running TMHOETE in modern versions of PCSX2, the only unexpected issue I'm running into is FOV problems in 1 player story mode (which is also causing the radar/weapon HUDs to be almost fully out of view).

Are you sure you're not applying the widescreen hacks to a savestate? Which version of PCSX2 are you running? If it's an SVN or Git version please specify the revision number or commit hash.
That would make sense, I've only gone into Story mode. I will check the others out later and report back. And yea I made sure not to apply the patch to save states, booted the game from the start and got my car to exact same place as my normal save state in the first level. (Cars randomly spawn on the first level)
(04-10-2015, 06:45 AM)Aced14 Wrote: Seems like I might've missed an X FOV hack for 1 player story mode. The existing pnach should work as intended in all other modes. I'll add story mode support sometime over the weekend.

The lion's share of my testing while developing the hacks occurred in 1 player challenge mode and 2 player death match. Kind of strange that story mode would be using a separate X FOV value compared to challenge Wacko...

Regarding your screenshots and comment about the hacks glitching out the car models, I'm not getting anything like that on my end. Apart from graphics glitches that usually occur when running TMHOETE in modern versions of PCSX2, the only unexpected issue I'm running into is FOV problems in 1 player story mode (which is also causing the radar/weapon HUDs to be almost fully out of view).

Are you sure you're not applying the widescreen hacks to a savestate? Which version of PCSX2 are you running? If it's an SVN or Git version please specify the revision number or commit hash.

I just verified what you said and yes your widescreen patch does indeed work for all other modes, just not story. Also I restarted the game and the car models still get malformed, sometimes the malformation goes away, and other times it does not. Typically the car is raised slightly off either all 4 tires or just the front 2 depending on the car chosen.