PCSX2 - Widescreen Game Patches
(06-21-2016, 11:07 PM)ted209 Wrote: Here's a patch I made for LEGO Batman - The Videogame.  I know it already has a widescreen option, but it's off by default and the option doesn't get saved (so you have to enable it every time).  This patch forces it to be always widescreen.

I was going to make the same patch for LEGO Indiana Jones and LEGO Star Wars 2, but neither boots in PCSX2 1.4.0.  Can anyone help me with this?

Sorry, but your patch for the game "LEGO Batman: The Videogame" not works, well works fine in the main menu, but when
you go to the gameplay the screen changes to apply a big zoom, not a widescreen:

And well, this game needs a patch because the original widescreen which have the game is bad made, uses also a zoom.

Best regards.

Sponsored links

(06-24-2016, 12:05 AM)El_Patas Wrote: Sorry, but your patch for the game "LEGO Batman: The Videogame" not works, well works fine in the main menu, but when
you go to the gameplay the screen changes to apply a big zoom, not a widescreen:

And well, this game needs a patch because the original widescreen which have the game is bad made, uses also a zoom.

Best regards.

Hi.. 

I have found a 'Wide Option LOCK' address and value  Biggrin

patch=1,EE,2033DE44,extended,00000a01 //00000a00  Internal Wide Option On
patch=1,EE,20615710,extended,00000a01 //00000a00  Internal Wide Option On
patch=1,EE,0033dd6c,word,3c013f40 //3c013f28  Zoom ratio (when Wide Option turn on) // entirely in my opinion
---------------------------
'LEGO Indiana Jones - The Original Adventures' is  applicable too

patch file uploaded for testing

Attached Files
.zip   NTSC-U.ZIP (Size: 1 KB / Downloads: 119)
@Arapapa is needed use the three values you posted? and is needed activate the widescreen option of the game?

Best regards.
It would be better to use a code to detect if the internal widescreen option is on instead of forcing it on all the time.
(06-24-2016, 12:24 PM)El_Patas Wrote: @Arapapa is needed use the three values you posted? and is needed activate the widescreen option of the game?

Best regards.

Hi..

Needless manually turn on wide option in the game and cannot turn off.

00000a01 is force to turn on wide option..
I see, it works fine in gameplay, but now causes the big zoom to the main menu and the cut-scenes... maybe you can take a look on them.

Best regards.
(06-24-2016, 12:38 PM)El_Patas Wrote: I see, it works fine in gameplay, but now causes the big zoom to the main menu and the cut-scenes... maybe you can take a look on them.

Best regards.

I know it.  it is just for fun Laugh
(06-23-2016, 09:39 PM)arapapa Wrote: NTSC-J

Shin Sangoku Musou 5 Special (Disc 1 and 2 same serial and same CRC)

Great thanks, arapapa, you gladdened me again! And for MS Gundam Climax U.C. patch thanks a lot too!
(06-24-2016, 12:46 PM)arapapa Wrote: I know it.  it is just for fun Laugh

But do you think that the main menu and cut scenes can be fixed or not?

Best regards.
(06-24-2016, 01:11 PM)El_Patas Wrote: But do you think that the main menu and cut scenes can be fixed or not?

Best regards.

Maybe such a method (Wide option lock) is cannot fix menu and cut scene zoom problem.

I think, probably accurate Wide Screen(modify X-Fov value)  will be the 3c013f80(ELF).

I had found a X-Fov in the memory 3f80000 but cannot modify(fixed value).