PCSX2 - Widescreen Game Patches
(02-12-2024, 12:58 PM)Aleksey Racer Wrote: I don't use patch engine, this data send me one frend, can you see the codes zoom, Fov for you Burnout patch??? and maybe then you can make a patch 21:9 for the European version Burnout 2 SLES 51044

Now I am focusing on the 60 fps patches and testing them, when I finish this work I will review it. I invite you to look for it yourself, it is not very complicated. Start with the "elf_extract" tool to extract the .elf from the game and then you open that .elf with the "ELF Search Tool" look for 3FXXXXXX and in the "Replace" part you put 3EXXXXXX, having the "Endian" option in Big. All those codes that come out, copy them in packages of 25 or 50 lines in the pnach until you find the zoom or whatever you are looking for. Finally, when you find the address you just have to adjust the value to the one that corresponds since the image will be very distorted.

Sponsored links

(02-12-2024, 02:12 PM)PeterDelta Wrote: Now I am focusing on the 60 fps patches and testing them, when I finish this work I will review it. I invite you to look for it yourself, it is not very complicated. Start with the "elf_extract" tool to extract the .elf from the game and then you open that .elf with the "ELF Search Tool" look for 3FXXXXXX and in the "Replace" part you put 3EXXXXXX, having the "Endian" option in Big. All those codes that come out, copy them in packages of 25 or 50 lines in the pnach until you find the zoom or whatever you are looking for. Finally, when you find the address you just have to adjust the value to the one that corresponds since the image will be very distorted.
this is all good, of course, but I don’t have a computer, as you could tell from my screenshots, and if I had, I wouldn’t have asked for ultra widescreen patches, and I’ve already collected a large number of them for racing games, since no one pays attention to racing games  , everyone loves only violence, shooting and killing games, I share these patches with all the people who love racing, and they are not only for mobile phones, many people have 21:9 monitors, and they would also be pleased to play with the correct aspect of the screen,  and here you all say that the game already has a widescreen hack, not realizing that everyone already has a mobile phone with an ether emulator, and people wanted to play normally on the phone, but playing on the phone at 16:9 is bad, not everyone has the opportunity to buy a good one  You can buy a computer, you can buy a phone, and it’s just as normal to play PS2 games.  Thanks everyone for your help!
(02-12-2024, 06:33 PM)Aleksey Racer Wrote: this is all good, of course, but I don’t have a computer, as you could tell from my screenshots, and if I had, I wouldn’t have asked for ultra widescreen patches, and I’ve already collected a large number of them for racing games, since no one pays attention to racing games  , everyone loves only violence, shooting and killing games, I share these patches with all the people who love racing, and they are not only for mobile phones, many people have 21:9 monitors, and they would also be pleased to play with the correct aspect of the screen,  and here you all say that the game already has a widescreen hack, not realizing that everyone already has a mobile phone with an ether emulator, and people wanted to play normally on the phone, but playing on the phone at 16:9 is bad, not everyone has the opportunity to buy a good one  You can buy a computer, you can buy a phone, and it’s just as normal to play PS2 games.  Thanks everyone for your help!

you can't be sure widescreen hacks will work the same way on aethersx2, though.
even if the author made it from pcsx2, he made his own fork, and is the only one who knows what changed afterwards.
better ask aethersx2 author or any community related to it instead.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(02-12-2024, 06:47 PM)jesalvein Wrote: you can't be sure widescreen hacks will work the same way on aethersx2, though.
even if the author made it from pcsx2, he made his own fork, and is the only one who knows what changed afterwards.
better ask aethersx2 author or any community related to it instead.

such communities do not exist, so everyone is forced to beg for patches on this forum. I have already written to many people in other places, and everyone either ignores me or sends me to this forum.
(02-12-2024, 06:53 PM)Aleksey Racer Wrote: such communities do not exist, so everyone is forced to beg for patches on this forum. I have already written to many people in other places, and everyone either ignores me or sends me to this forum.

Well... sorry for you. hope it'll work for you, but nothing can't be guranteed since those are pcsx2 forums, not aethersx2's
(02-12-2024, 07:24 PM)jesalvein Wrote: Well... sorry for you. hope it'll work for you, but nothing can't be guranteed since those are pcsx2 forums, not aethersx2's

All patches perfectly work on Aether.
(02-12-2024, 07:30 PM)Aleksey Racer Wrote: All patches perfectly work on Aether.

good for you. just keep in mind that if it doesn't, we can't do anything about it, nor we will care
this is really awesome! because I am doing this God of War patch today, but my game is from different region from yours. 
my game CRC is SCAJ-97399_CA052D22, do you have this verison of game, could you help do the same action for this version of game?

Another question, as I see so many people love this game, could you consider to modify the right size of HUD? I think the HUD and weapon upgrade screen is streched when using widescreen game patches.
(02-07-2024, 07:53 PM)PeterDelta Wrote: God of War (PAL-M) SCES-53133 FB0E6D72

Fixed flames on the title screen in all languages. In English they were eliminated and will now be seen
(02-16-2024, 02:13 PM)fm925100736 Wrote: this is really awesome! because I am doing this God of War patch today, but my game is from different region from yours. 
my game CRC is SCAJ-97399_CA052D22, do you have this verison of game, could you help do the same action for this version of game?

Another question, as I see so many people love this game, could you consider to modify the right size of HUD? I think the HUD and weapon upgrade screen is streched when using widescreen game patches.

I don't have that version. The main patch was made by Nemesis and I imagine you can port it without problem. My part to fix the flames, I don't think you can ported, looking for the value 3F800000 will fix it. Keep in mind that if your version has several languages or if in the gameplay that address has values other than 3F800000 you must condition it so that it does not alter anything in the game.
As for the HUD, I haven't found anything solid, good luck!
(02-16-2024, 02:13 PM)fm925100736 Wrote: this is really awesome! because I am doing this God of War patch today, but my game is from different region from yours. 

If you care enough you can do it how I did it, dump the hud textures, then find them, upscale them with AI then import into a photo editor, select each hud symbol individually and scale it to be too narrow by the same % width increase that you get going from 4:3 to 16:9 (or 21:9 if thats what youre scaling to) while maintaing the same center position on the texture and they should stretch back out to their correct size once you go ingame with the widescreen hack applied.