PCSX2 crashes in opening cutscenes
Sad 
Hi! For some reason PCSX2 crashes in the opening cutscene in SK3. Funny enough, it does so not immediately, but after 1-2 seconds, just as the little aliens show up. I don't exactly understand what's going on... And it seems like i can't skip it either. 

I'm playing Nightly version 1.7.4832(my laptop isn't compatible with newer versions)
Blending accuracy is set on "high" because emulator suggested i do that. I tried to use Normal setting too, but the problem is still the same.
Is there anything else i need to add?

Anyway, here's crash dump and emulog:

.txt   emuLog.txt (Size: 6,5 KB / Downloads: 39)

.7z   crash-2023-08-28-15-11-06-804.7z (Size: 135,07 KB / Downloads: 38)

UPD. As it turned out, it wasn't just a SK3 problem. I tested out a few games too and most of them crashed the same way - right at the start\right after 1-2 second of the opening.
I also checked Harry Potter and Prizoner of Azkaban, Sonic Riders Zero Gravity, Persona 3 FES, Shadow the Hedgehog and Samurai Warriors. 
Only Zero Gravity and SW wasn't affected, all the other crashed instantly or almost instantly. I'll put up an archive in my next post with folder for every crash...

Sponsored links

update to latest nightly
1.7.4832 isn't supported
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(08-28-2023, 02:36 PM)jesalvein Wrote: update to latest nightly
1.7.4832 isn't supported

adding to my updated initial post(bc i found new problems and information, hence - the change of the naming and the first post), i'll still add those crash logs just in case: 
.7z   Crashes.7z (Size: 362,31 KB / Downloads: 34)

Anyway, as i said - any newer versions of the emulator just don't work for me. I always receive this warning(v1.7.4963).     

I saw somewhere that you need information about my hardware in this cases?
I'm running on:
Windows 10 home x64
AMD Radeon Vega 3 Graphics GPU
AMD Ryzen 3 2200U with Radeon Vega Mobile GFX 2.5 GHz processor with 2 cores and 4 threads
8 GB of RAM and DirectX 12

Is my laptop not supported anymore? Should i revert to more stable and even older versions of Nightly in case i can't update my hardware in the near future?
And a little question on the side - will the new stable version be this way too when it eventually come out? Or there will be some way older computers would run that too to some degree? Or there will be some "mid-stable" version of some older working updates for DX11 Feature Level 10 GPUs?

Anyway, thanks for your work and for a quick response!
not sure.
did you try to update your gpu drivers ?
(not from windows update, of course)

Quote:And a little question on the side - will the new stable version be this way too when it eventually come out?
most likely
Quote:Or there will be some way older computers would run that too to some degree?
Probably not
Quote:Or there will be some "mid-stable" version of some older working updates for DX11 Feature Level 10 GPUs?
definitely not
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
It took me a couple of days to do that(unfortunately, i'm not exactly a tech savvy), but i managed to update my GPU drivers. I went to the AMD site for the support on my GPU, and it suggested me to download some "Amd software adrenalin edition 23.8.2" program and it updated some of my drivers. I hope it doesn't mess up my GPU, though...

Anyway, the good news is: newer versions of PCSX2 started working again and i don't see any problems with opening cutscenes. First stage of Shadow the Hedgehog seem to be working just fine, if not even just a bit better?..
I wonder if it possible to make some kind of guide for the people with the same problem as mine... I hope everything will turn out okay.

Anyway. Thanks a lot for your help and patience. And also for your tremendous work!