PCSX2 repeated crashing on startup
I don't know where to find any new version of directx redist. I tried to google it and all that I got was like 4 1/2 years old ones. I have Direct X 11 installed according to dxdiag though, if that says anything.
I do find it odd that this crashing issue doesn't happen every time I load though, only some of the time.

Sponsored links

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/...aspx?id=35

Literally the first google result.
But isn't that for older versions? Says its for 9.0c and older.
Just download it.
[Insert Witty Sig Here.]
I did, and tried to run it, and it said I had a newer version already installed.
(01-12-2015, 04:38 PM)Soultpp Wrote: I did, and tried to run it, and it said I had a newer version already installed.
Could you post the screenshot of that.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
Had to rerun it but here you go.

Did you install the x86 bit of VC Redist or the x64 bit?
[Insert Witty Sig Here.]
did this problem occur on the 1.2.1 version of pcsx2.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(01-12-2015, 11:56 AM)Soultpp Wrote: Hi, I recently upgrade to a newer version (a3cd81c on the git page) and now the emulator keeps crashing when I go to run it, not on any game just on loading the emulator itself.

Since newer versions are portable by default, do you still have the older version around as well?

Does the older version still work?

GSdx has been going through some Linux related changes, but some of those are known to affect (crash) some windows systems.

One suggestion would be to try the newer version but with GSdx from your older version (copy the gsdx dll from the older version plugins folder to the plugins folder of the new one), and once you can boot without crashing, change your GS plugin to the older dll, and see if that fixes the issue.