PCSX2 works with the Namco System 246 BIOS!
So if any dev of pcsx2 will answer it.
He/she can explain more about it than me Smile

Sponsored links

I really hope I will get a response from the devs, too. Thanks for the help anyway.
Yea, awesome find. That BIOS must include mostly PS2 code or else it wouldn't boot games.
Try using memory cards and try a couple different games as well Smile
I've tried with Soul Calibur III Arcade Edition, which, of course, didn't boot. I think the reason why it doesn't boot any games is that the emulator doesn't support those security dongles which are needed to boot the games. The security dongles are basically the same as PS2 memory cards but their data is different. They have been dumped, so there must be a way to use them.

EDIT: when starting the emulator without memory cards, the error message changes. It says there is no security dongle.
(07-14-2013, 02:45 PM)rama Wrote: Yea, awesome find. That BIOS must include mostly PS2 code or else it wouldn't boot games.
Try using memory cards and try a couple different games as well Smile

really?Has anyone try ps2 namco games using this bios?
Im sorry i often misstype because im using cellphone...Y( '',)Y
I've not succeeded yet in using arcade games with this BIOS, and you can read the reason why on my previous post.
(07-14-2013, 04:01 PM)C. Antonio Falcon Wrote: I've not succeeded yet in using arcade games with this BIOS, and you can read the reason why on my previous post.

i mean is ps2 games that released by namco
Im sorry i often misstype because im using cellphone...Y( '',)Y
No, this bios can't run any PS2 games.
interesting. a dongle? usb? then you need a usb plugin that works with it.
No, it's not a USB dongle. As I said before, it is essentially the same as a PS2 memory card. It must be inserted in an identical slot. I've just tried to use the dongle data by putting them in the memory card directory, but the emulator didn't recognize them, because they're in a different format.