PSOne Widescreen Patches
Can someone add a 16:9 fix for bitmaps? They are stretched.

#Breath of Fire III [PAL] (SLES-01304)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GAMESHARK/ACTION REPLAY CODES
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
//Widescreen 16:9
80179d54 0c00
80179d56 2409

Sponsored links

Hi, maybe some of you guys can help me solving this.

I'd want to play FFVIII (I have the italian version) at its correct 60hz refresh rate (PAL is 20% slowered down to fit into 50HZ as you may know).

I patched it with Zapper 2000 and as for the speed, everything is perfect, finally Squall doesn't seems to run on the moon anymore (also FMVs are noticeably smoother) but there's a problem with the Y position. That's the reason I'm writing here, since you're making widescreen patches I thought you could help me at least in pointing me to some direction 'cause I'm clueless about these things.

Let me explain:

When patching from PAL to NTSC using Zapper 2000 default Y-fix, that's 0 - 0 I get this:

As you can see, prerendered backgrounds (as FMVs, battle screen and worldmap) are perfect, exactly as the original NTSC game. But menu screens (also loading screen and main game screen) are missing some bottom lines.

Changing the Y fix to 0 - 8 instead, here:

This way, menu is perfect but other game screens are cropped.
If I patch with PAL4U, that has automatic Y-fix, I get perfect menu but a huge cropping in other screens (I think it correspond to Z2K 0 -10 or even higher setting), maybe it would result in a better centering on the actual CRT TV, however too much image is cropped.

On the emulator the image is obviously always centered, so I made a video for showing how game and menu screens behave on the CRT Tv. I was recording a backup converted to NTSC with zapper 2K with Y-fix to 0 - 2 (this setting makes a couple more lines visible on the menu compared to 0 - 0, keeping game screens still perfect. From 0 - 3 onward it starts cropping the game screen):

EDIT: I'm not allowed to link the video. Please, could some moderator give me the permission? 

Thus I'd need help in finding a way to change game and menu Y position separately. I opened the ISO with a hex editor but couldn't find anything understandable.

Zapper 2K finds the first Y-pos value at dec. 330228 on all CDS if i correctly remember. On CD1 and CD4 it only finds that first one value. 
On CD2 and CD3 instead it finds 2 more values. This is a screen of CD3 scanning:

I don't know if these addresses can be of help, going there with the hex editor I only see random values, I don't know how I should change them.

EDIT: if anyone's interested, check on PSX-PLACE the thread "Problem burning FFVIII", from post #12 onward.
Hi everyone! Is NFS HS still unpatchable? I've resently discovered CWCheat method to play widescreen ps1 games on my psp and it's been an incredible experience so far. Such a shame there's no patch for my favorite NFS title on ps1.
Tekken 3 is making me mad. I want so badly to make a patch but so many years after I still don't have a clue with the game's engine. Maybe, I should check Tekken Tag since it's essentially a Tekken 3 mod.
Just wanted to thank everybody so far for their contrubutions and El_Patas for always keeping track of things, your hard work is just amazing.
Also since there has been considerable progress recently I decided to update the missing patches using the original archive by @El_Patas as a base.

Note that from now on I won't be including codes that contain game breaking issues like altering physics and messing up badly the camera. Slight issues are ok as a "better than nothing case" but game breaking defeats the purpose of a patch as a whole. That being said, you are more than welcome to post your findings so people could step in and help. Also from now on if it's possible together with your findings, upload a txt file following this format:

Quote:Widescreen hack by (your nickname here)
$SAFEMODE

#Name of the game [Region NTSC-U/NTSC-J/PAL] (Serial)
Comment=(Your comments here)
GAMESHARK/ACTION REPLAY CODES
//Cheat name
XXXXXXXX XXXX
XXXXXXXX XXXX

Remember, don't forget to add the game's Serial as there might be multiple re-releases of the same game and neither me or El_Patas can guess for what release is the code intended for.

@TheCandidate I am in the uncomfortable situation to ask you to provide the serial for each code you have provided so far as I am not familiar with ALOT of the games you have posted. :/
I know it's a headache and I apologize for the trouble.

Lastly, here's the updated archive:

.7z   PSOne Widescreen Archive.7z (Size: 246,3 KB / Downloads: 603)
Dunno if that helps anyone but I just ported a code from the Arcade Version of Tekken 3 (Namco System 12, which is actually just a PS1 with more memory) and it might help finding camera controlls by finding what accesses this address:

Quote:Tekken 3 [NTSC-U] (SLUS-00402)

//Arcade Cabinet Cinematic Demo Camera:
800ADED4 0001

I'm pretty sure I can port those on Tekken 2 and Tekken 1, ah, also the Arcade Versions on Tekken 5.
Glover WS Patches!
I come here to update the info about Winning Eleven 2002. The iso offset was found by El_Patas (page 46 of this post), but there are a lot of things involved with that offset and the widescreen is not working well.

A member of Zonawe forum, gyyo93, found the right iso offsets for the widescreen.

Decimal Offset 278772, 04 00 60 AC change to 00 0C 0E 24
Decimal Offset 278808, 00 00 C2 AC change to 00 00 CE AC

[Image: 01.jpg] [Image: 02.jpg] [Image: 03.jpg] [Image: 04.jpg]

There is still one problem, as it happens in pes for ps2 games, the widescreen hack needs 2 things, increase the horizontal fov and increase the render area. So, the widescreen code/offset is incomplete, there are problems on left and right sides (graphics not loading properly).

The iso offset to increase the render area is still needed, but this is one more step to complete the perfect widescreen.
Any chances for a WS patch for Crash Bandicoot 2/3 NTSC-J versions? POPS' GTE Widescreen hack makes the textures pop-in, that's why.
Hi, guys. Does someone has a widescreen code for Disney's Donald Duck - Goin' Quackers [NTSC-U]? PS1 version is specific, it differs from PC, DC and N64 versions. It would be great to play that title in widescreen.