PSOne Widescreen Patches
(07-24-2018, 04:41 AM)TheDimensioner Wrote: Hey there, long time no post. Came back to make a request XD. It seems Mortal Kombat 4 hasn't got the widescreen treatment through GS codes or a patch. I figure it's because it works extremely well with the emulators implementations:

Here I tested it with PCSXR-PGXP, and man was I impressed at how well the hack worked. I suspect the menus and other GUIs are rendered in 3D, because when using PGXP's debug mode, they appear as "blue", which means they have received the PGXP treatment and shouldn't "wobble". The game itself works well with "Mem + CPU" mode, by the way.

But regarding the widescreen hack, since they're 3D, it actually centers everything in the middle of the screen, on the "4:3 zone". Although there are some levels which present some texture popping, the overall experience is very pleasant. But I believe gameshark codes, or a patch, would be more practical for playing this game on other emulators that don't support a "native" hack, or even on real hardware. So that's why I'm doing a request, if it's possible to do it XD.
I wish a widescreen patch via gameshark and Hexadecimal editing (by opening the image directly to search and replace numbers method) for PAL and NTSC-U versions.

Sponsored links

if i ever do that game it will be for NTSC version. Also this game is likely to need a game patch because a basic GS code screws up the shadows. Also framebuffer expansion does work for that game but it screws up some graphics when VRAM is strained.
(07-25-2018, 02:40 AM)gamemasterplc Wrote: if i ever do that game it will be for NTSC version. Also this game is likely to need a game patch because a basic GS code screws up the shadows. Also framebuffer expansion does work for that game but it screws up some graphics when VRAM is strained.

I see. I remember Mortal Kombat 4 being mentioned here, way back... And I would prefer it for NTSC, really XD. I just recorded that with the PAL version, because I had trouble recording this full 60 FPS game using PGXP's enhancements. And I get the "graphics screwing" thing, since it's obvious at some parts of the video that there are stretching polygons sometimes, depending on the camera position.
screw up is turn invisible in this case and is more of with graphics like portraits
TOBAL Nº2
SLPM_860.33

Code:
800F8066 0180
800F8044 0280

[Image: tCR5WFv.png]

Attached Files
.txt   SLPM_860.33.txt (Size: 37 bytes / Downloads: 124)
(07-28-2018, 02:49 PM)Esppiral Wrote: TOBAL Nº2
SLPM_860.33

Code:
800F8066 0180
800F8044 0280

[Image: tCR5WFv.png]

Good, but i wish a 16:9 and 16:10 hacks for
Apocalypse (UK)
Apocalypse (FR)
Apocalypse (DE)
Apocalypse (IT)
Apocalypse (ES)
Apocalypse (US)
Crash Bandicoot (JP)
Crash Bandicoot (UK)
Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back (UK-FR-DE-ES-IT)
Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex no Gyakushuu! (JP)
Crash Bandicoot 3: Buttobi Sekai Ishuu! (JP)
Crash Bandicoot Carnival (JP)
Crash Bash (UK-FR-DE-ES-IT)
Crash Team Racing (UK-FR-DE-ES-IT)
Crash Bandicoot Racing (JP)
Croc Adventure (JP)
Croc: Pau-Pau Island (JP)
Rayman 2: The Great Escape (US-FR-ES)
Spyro 2: Tondemo Tours (JP)
Spyro the Dragon (JP)
Spyro 2: Gateway to Glimmer (UK-FR-DE-ES-IT)
Spyro: Year of the Dragon (UK-FR-DE-ES-IT, v1.0-v1.1)
Spyro: Year of the Dragon (US, v1.0)
Driver: You are the Wheelman (US, v1.0)
MediEvil (UK)
MediEvil (IT)
MediEvil (DE)
MediEvil (JP)
MediEvil 2 (PT-SP-IT)
MediEvil 2 (US)
Mortal Kombat 4 (UK)
Saru! Get You (JP, v1.0-v1.1)
Bloody Roar 2 (JP)
Tomb Raider (UK)
Tomb Raider (FR)
Tomb Raider (DE)
Tomb Raider (ES)
Tomb Raider (IT)
Tomb Raider (US, v1.0-v1.1-v1.2-v1.3-v1.4-v1.5-v1.6)
Tomb Raiders (JP)
Thanks! Wink
Ah, and do not apply only the gameplay, but do also the same for the HUD, stretching vertically FMVs, removing the cutscenes letterbox if possible.
(06-30-2018, 04:00 PM)paul_met Wrote: Bust A Move 2 - Dance Tengoku Mix [SLPM_86219]

Code:
Cheat code:
==============
Offset / Value
80017E0C 1334

Code:
Hex code:
==============
File: "SLPM_862.19"
Offset / Value
860C 3413

PD: Inserte el archivo elf en la imagen del CD con la herramienta CDMage .
Thanks for giving me the values for the widescreen, I would also like if I can provide the values for the game:
one [NTSC-U] [SLUS-00469], thank you very much.
(06-30-2018, 04:00 PM)paul_met Wrote: Bust A Move 2 - Dance Tengoku Mix [SLPM_86219]

Code:
Cheat code:
==============
Offset / Value
80017E0C 1334

Code:
Hex code:
==============
File: "SLPM_862.19"
Offset / Value
860C 3413

PS: Insert elf file into the CD image using CDMage tool.
Can you explain step by step how to edit the game hexadecimally and then re-insert the executable in the game ?, I tried to do it but I can not patch the image correctly, thank you very much.
(08-03-2018, 07:31 AM)Godofredoss Wrote: Can you explain step by step how to edit the game hexadecimally and then re-insert the executable in the game ?, I tried to do it but I can not patch the image correctly, thank you very much.

don't use the "save" or "save as", once you add the slus/slpm/sles .exe file back into the image with cdmage the image is saved and your finished. (just close the "cd mage" program now).

download WINHEX make sure it shows numbers and letters to the left address column, double click the left column so it changes from numbers to letters, now "search for address", and type "860C", then enter in "3413" (from left to right, 4 digits will be replaced, save the file and your finished)

now use "cd mage", current version and your finished

JUST STOPPED BY TO SAY

Onimusha Warlords for PS2 Controller Remapper 2.0, d-pad to joystick works using the cheat engine "ps2rd" of OPL. Note pad file named "SLUS_xxx.xx.CHT" with hex values from "controller remapper" in there only, it didn't work in the past maybe just new version of "Open PS2 Loader" (goes in the "CHT" folder in Harddrive of PS2, that opl version 896 creates if the newer version doesn't create the paths, use that version just to create the paths)
Can someone please translate Croc 1 widescreen hack into an hex patch?

Thanks