Pblm with FF X-2
It works, thank you very much !

I replaced the wong CRC (look for "0B53AC9A") with the new one ("0C53AC9A") in the EXE (pcsx2 0.9.6.exe), using an Hex editor (HxD), and everything works just fine now !

It seems to be a problem with the PAL French Edition of FFX2 (I got the "Platinum" edition).

Sponsored links

Hello there! I have a problem with Final Fantasy X-2 PAL English.
I've been reading posts about problems with this game (in different versions) and i have tried everything for days. I've tried GSdx 0.1.14 and ZeroGS 0.97.1
with/without NLOOP hack, Logarithmic-Z, FFXhack, Partial Depth, MTGS on/off, D3D9 hardware/software, all in every combination. I use PCSX2 0.9.6,
and i have also tried the latest beta 831. The game is SLES 518.15,
CRC 9AAC5309, if it helps.
My problem is that in the FMV it is missing the lower part of the screen and i can't fix no matter what i do. it looks like this:    
this is with native resolution. with 1024x1024 is a lot worse.
(I am Greek so you will have to excuse any language mistakes)

What can i do? Can anyone please help me?

my specs are:
cpu: core 2 duo [email protected] ghz
m/b: gb 965p-s3
gpu: geforce gtx 260 core 216
ram: ddr2 4gb 800mhz
This is a known bug in FFX-2.
nothing can be done at the moment about this.
Just live with it.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(03-30-2009, 03:14 PM)jesalvein Wrote: This is a known bug in FFX-2.
nothing can be done at the moment about this.
Just live with it.

I sorry for being persistent but there must be something that can fix
this. I've seen screenshots of FF X-2 of people claiming they have completed
the game with no errors. Maybe the NTSC version works? I don't have it thoughSad In Greece there is only the PAL one.
thanks refraction, and sorry for the disturbanceSmile
I can't remember the details (I stopped playing FFX-2 because of other glitches), but I was able to (1) get the movies playing perfectly with ZeroGS (at native resolution obviously) by cycling through interlace modes to find the right one, and (2) get the movies playing darkly, but without the black lines, with gsdx at native, also by cycling through interlace modes.
(03-30-2009, 06:48 PM)Goetter Wrote: I can't remember the details (I stopped playing FFX-2 because of other glitches), but I was able to (1) get the movies playing perfectly with ZeroGS (at native resolution obviously) by cycling through interlace modes to find the right one, and (2) get the movies playing darkly, but without the black lines, with gsdx at native, also by cycling through interlace modes.

Thanks, I did these things a long time ago, but the problem with the bottom
part of the screen to be black still remains. as you can see in my previous
post, i've posted a screenshot of an fmv with GSdx-native res & interlance mode and the ever persistent problem of the missing part of the screen. I have also tried ZeroGS.
I forgot to mention that. I was able to remove that problem by running at native in GSdx, or use ZeroGS. Sorry to hear you can't :/
(03-31-2009, 12:20 AM)Goetter Wrote: I forgot to mention that. I was able to remove that problem by running at native in GSdx, or use ZeroGS. Sorry to hear you can't :/

It doesn't matter. SadAt least I tried!
Thank you anyway GoetterHappy
I have a problem with plugin GsDx - textures missing , is there way to turn some option, like FF-X hack in Zero plugin?