Persona 3 And 4 - Certain enemies groups slow down game
Naoto's Dungeon is somewhere in september or october right?? I'll see what happens when I'm in that place, but so far every dungeon ran just normal, with only slowdown so far was with the convo's outside @ Junes Smile I think the reason for that is, that perhaps the Characters are of more quality then the monsters are, but I can be wrong ofcourse Smile

Sponsored links

My settings and a screenshot.
[Image: p4issue1.jpg]

[Image: pcsx2coresettingsspeedhp.png]

[Image: pcsx2settingsvideo.jpg]

Everything else is by default.
Which PCSX do u use? and if u have the disc, try making an image and run it from that, that mostly helps speed up some things aswell, mainly since a harddrive is faster then an optical drive Smile
You just described what my performance is generally like. Aside from some problem areas, I can play both games generally full speed as well.

That said, does means it's just imperfect emulation that, unless a newer build manages to fix things, we'll probably just have to live with?

P.S. To belforrrr, I ran into a very similar problem in the exact same area with the samurai and white beetle looking enemies, althougth my Fps hung somewhere around 42-50 with similar settings. Also, to StriFe79, the only problems I have around Naoto's dungeon are the entrance (towards the front end of the screen area, it speeds up to normal once you get towards the door, though thankfully the slowdown is very minor) and the boss fight itself (drops from 60 to around 50 something FPS from certain camera angles)

One last thing I noticed is that the Async music tweak in the SPU-X plugin does a LOT to compensate for these problems
I run the game from an image of course. PCSX2 r4872.
mostly they do recommend to play with the settings and tweaking your game, luckily since Persona 3 is older it doesn't really need much tweaking, but Persona 4 well it does has heavier textures then 3, so just play with the settings a bit. Only downside of this emulator is that for almost every game u need to use other settings. Would be nice if u can make a profile for each game, that once u load the image or the disc that it recognizes it (Through the CRC or the Gamecode (F.e. my Persona 3 is SLES_550.18)) So u don't have to manually edit the settings everytime or write them down if u kinda suck at remembering stuff (No insult intended) Smile

Belfor try turning off the 8-bit textures and see if it helps with your FPS. 8-bit textures is as far as I know quite taxing on your cpu, atleast when I had my Dual core it was Smile And if Hardware runs kinda slow, u always could try Software mode Smile Or instead of a fixed resolution try using Scaling. F.e. 2 or 3x Smile
I remember trying to run with 8 bit textures off and having the same problem. Native resolution helps but not much. I really think that it has something to do with incorrect emulation rather than lack of MHz cause it clearly depends on the enemy you're fighting against.
I ran Persona 3 with my old AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+ (3.0 Ghz so stock) and 2 Gigs and my old x2600xt with ease Smile P4 was a bit too heavy, but still I finished it Smile
I can play it on my phatty PS2 with a network adapter so it's not really a problem. I'm just curious why do these slowdowns happen.
Well of what I've been reading here in the past 2 yrs it's mostly that they do recommend to use a Quad Core CPU with atleast 3 Ghz of speed Smile Since the CPU does the most work, 2nd to that it's your GPU Smile Ofcourse it's nowhere possible with any emulator to get close to the real thing, just like with any MMORPG there will always be bugs/hotfixes etc. etc. There is simply no perfect emulation or MMO out there. Ofcourse with each newer version of PCSX2 more and more games are being supported or run better. Some games do seem to run better on older versions Smile But that's the same fact as what I said above this line Smile