Recommended setting for certain games
okay.... and what os are you usiing again?

Sponsored links

nope, keep the same and it should be ok
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
3119 was for linux right?
im using win 7 ultimate 64bit. im using 3113. whoa! im totally lost can someone post a screenie of pcsx2 0.9.7 emulation setting? i mean best setting or my setting transfer to 0.9.7. especially the emulation setting like the EE/IOP, VUs, GS,Window Speedhacks, Game Fixes those new setting are totally new to my eyes,i thought it was same as 0.9.6 feature setting. i can't find a config guide for 0.9.7,only 0.9.6 thnx in advance.
it's basically the same, except for the separate aspect ratio and overall display option from gsdx (now named gs option).

if you're accustomed to the option in 0.96 it shouldn't take long to get familiar with 0.97, as the only different thing is the location of each setting...
geez! please just give me the best setting. the EE/IOP, VUs, GS,Window Speedhacks, Game Fixes added new features and i haven't encounter those new features so please just give me the best setting for each. or yet if you have a guide explaining each feature it'll help me so much.
leave everything to default, as a start.
and give it a try
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
when i start the game as default setting my fps on battle assault 3 is 20-25.
As others have said, in order to get a playable frame rate with the more demanding PS2 games, you need a faster clock speed on your CPU.
For C2D, C2Q, i3, i5, & i7 processors, that would be about 3.2 GHz.
For Socket AM3 Athlon II (x2, x3 & x4) or Socket AM3 Phenom II (x2, x3, x4 & x6), that would be about 4.0 GHz.

Speedhacks will only add (on average) about 5 to 8 more real, usable FPS on most games.
The two SpeedHacks that have a slider bar (EE Cycle Rate & VU Cycle Stealing) can give false FPS readings.

I've read up on overclocking your specific CPU, the Core2Quad Q6600.
It can be overclocked, but 3.0 GHz is the limit for that cpu on air cooling.

For the cost of an excellent watercooling kit for your C2Q, you might as well just buy an i5, new mobo, new ram, and a big air cooling heatsink.

Let me put it another way.
Try a game with all speed hacks off, v-sync off, @ native res.
If you aren't getting at least 50 FPS minimum, first, you need to overclock your current CPU. If that doesn't work, you most likely need to buy one of the cpus that can be overclocked to the recommended speeds, as written above.

Of course, there are a handfull of games that won't attain fullspeed with PCSX2, no matter your processor or graphics card. For those games, we gotta wait till new cpus come out, and/or for later revisions of PCSX2.

EDIT:
Oh, forgot to mention an exception to the rule; Final Fantasy X.
Why, you can run that game with little more than a motivated hamster, and a couple of tin cans... Ninja
I'm sure there's a Video about it on this board, somewhere... Laugh
My PCSX2 Rig:Windows XP x32 & Windows 7 x64.
i5 2500k @ 4.0 GHz.
nVIDIA GTX 460 1 GB.
>Dun Click Here<
Actually JTD for AMD 3.2+ Ghz is suffice. The AMD Phenom II 940 BE @ 3.0 Ghz (3600 Mhz) was suffice which I asked in another thread about Xenosaga Smile Though I wonder if the AMD Phenom II 6X 1055t would be enough aswell, since it runs on 2.8 ghz. Myself would go for the 1090T though if I have the money. Also since it's now released in the Black Edition ^^

And LOL @ your edit Tongue

Kinda strange btw, since I have now 6 GByte RAM and the 5770 and Xenosaga Episode 3 runs now everywhere @ 55 fps, while with my x2600xt it ran only at 30-40ish. So it doesn't always have to be the cpu.

But since I'm getting a new motherboard soon within 4 more days which is quite suitable for the future.
This is my motherboard I'm getting: Gigabyte GA-MA790X-UD3P

Now why this one u probably would wonder and not a true AM3 motherboard, well that's mainly cause I just bought 4 gigs of DDR2-1066 memory for this motherboard and the profit between DDR2 & 3 isn't that great. Max. 7% SpeedProfit. Also this motherboard with newer bios can run even the Hexacores of AMD. Also this motherboard has CrossfireX option and thank god not an onboard videocard, thus it uses less power Smile