Renderer problem after update
software mode
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go

Sponsored links

(08-14-2023, 05:20 PM)jesalvein Wrote: software mode

dude, literally no mode wants to work (if I change it from intel hd graphics to microsft basic render the game starts but obviously it goes slooooooooooooooooooooooow so that's not a solution).
i'm sorry, but directx 11 will probably have a hard time to work as time goes by.

You will probably need a real PC, or keep playing on your console until you can get one if you want those glitches corrected.
Not sure future updates will help, really.

...or you can still use previous pcsx2 version

Edit : oh lord. your igpu drivers are available for win 7 max....
As of v1.7.4833, we no longer support DX11 Feature Level 10 GPUs. You can either use v1.7.4832, or fork the project and revert the changes added by v1.7.4833, with the understanding that we don't do support for forks.
Had a similar issue. I was able to use the Vulkan renderer with no issues prior to the recent updates, and now I can't and get a similar message. All other renderer options work except Vulkan. So when is this going to be fixed?
(08-19-2023, 08:04 PM)Zentorno Wrote: Had a similar issue. I was able to use the Vulkan renderer with no issues prior to the recent updates, and now I can't and get a similar message. All other renderer options work except Vulkan. So when is this going to be fixed?

never
Well, then they clearly didn't put a lot of thought into this update. I mean I'm able to play Virtua Fighter 5 on RPCS3 in Vulkan. Can't do that now in PCSX2 because...reasons. So if this dumb decision is not gonna be reversed in a future update, which it should, what is the most recent, stable Nightly update of PCSX2 I can use where I don't have to deal with this crap?
(08-19-2023, 08:29 PM)Zentorno Wrote: Well, then they clearly didn't put a lot of thought into this update.

We're always open to suggestions as long as they are backed up.

Read and learn before whining, kiddo :

- If your issue is the same as the OP, no, the issue won't be fixed. (and LT explained why above, read again)
- If your issue isn't the same as the OP (and if you bothered reading what the OP was talking about instead of rudely hijacking his thread, you would know what it's about...), just make your own thread.

Thanks.

Quote:So if this dumb decision is not gonna be reversed in a future update, which it should, what is the most recent, stable Nightly update of PCSX2 I can use where I don't have to deal with this crap?
and i suggest you keep a civil tone.
We do this on our free time, we owe you nothing.

if you want to avoid bothering with pcsx2, just use your PS2 console
Doing something on free time and being owed nothing doesn't waver people from feedback and criticism of errors or decisions of poor judgment made with updates. This is the only emulator so far I've been using that has this specific type of issue. It's not a GPU driver issue or anything of the sort clearly on my end. I'm just seeing an update that was put that wasn't thought out as well as it should have.

But whatever thanks for the non-help. At least now I know to just go back to a previous build.
(08-19-2023, 08:44 PM)Zentorno Wrote: Doing something on free time and being owed nothing doesn't waver people from feedback and criticism of errors or decisions of poor judgment made with updates. This is the only emulator so far I've been using that has this specific type of issue. It's not a GPU driver issue or anything of the sort clearly on my end. I'm just seeing an update that was put that wasn't thought out as well as it should have.

But whatever thanks for the non-help. At least now I know to just go back to a previous build.

we could help you as long as you act correctly.
make your own thread, explain exactly your problem, give precisions on your hardware OS, logs, etc.
I can tell you Vulkan works perfectly on my machine.
So, it's on your end.

Seriously, kiddo, if you're looking for support, ask for it instead of blatantly saying "it's crap" without anything concrete to backup.
And again, as i said, your real PS2 won't fail you if pcsx2 sounds too complicated for you.