Resolved: Microvu bug reports official thread
(05-30-2012, 12:17 PM)MaJoR Wrote: ...that site is pretty crappy. Several SVNs have nothing but broken links. Ugh. For most there are 10 links and only one of them will work, if any work at all. Oh whatever. Here's the list.

4654 clean
4656 clean
4657 glitched
4663 glitched

So there you go guys. r4657. I guess Squall got it on the second guess Tongue. So yea, that sucked, mostly because of that site. It would have been alot easier if your archive went back farther. Why does it cut off like that?

Thanks for testing! Awe can work on it now Smile
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Sponsored links

Quote:I guess because he doesn't have infinite HDD space

Each downloadable build is only 5MB or so. I can't imagine he'd have a problem with space constraints from a few dozen more builds. *shrug*
Windows 7 x64 | Core i5 3570K @ 4.7ghz | nVidia Geforce GTX 760 | 8GB (2x4GB) Crucial Ballistax DDR3-1600 ram | Asus Xonar Essence STX | Logitech G500
He also hosts JPCSP builds. And it's for free. *shrug*
[Image: newsig.jpg]
https://code.google.com/p/pcsx2/issues/detail?id=1288 Smile
Um, I'm confused. Is Issue 1288 about this problem with MGS2 as discussed with this thread? If so, what's this about about grenades? Is there another problem with MGS2 I don't know about?
Windows 7 x64 | Core i5 3570K @ 4.7ghz | nVidia Geforce GTX 760 | 8GB (2x4GB) Crucial Ballistax DDR3-1600 ram | Asus Xonar Essence STX | Logitech G500
Apparently there is, the issue is supposed to be the one you gave
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

major, you should really read through a thread before posting to it....

(01-19-2012, 11:27 PM)DrHycodan Wrote: r4656 was the last version where the grenades don't disappear. Though, they still "shake" when they have landed, unlike the superVU where they don't "shake" once landed just like the real console. So I guess there was always a bug about the grenades in the mVU, it's just that the newer SVNs made it even worse.
I didn't see a reason to read dozens of mostly fixed issues in hundreds of posts in this thread, or the hundreds of posts in the whole of the bugfixing category here at the forums. I just did a generalized search for the issue I was getting and a quick skim of the recent posts. Can you really ask for me to check everything? Plus, I made the assumption that if a problem was posted here months ago and I didn't encounter it, it was probably fixed. And yes, in my playthrough of MGS2, I never encountered shaking or vanishing grenades, even before I started having problems with soldiers with superman vision. I may have just not noticed it, so I'll have to test it a bit.

Regardless, I suppose it's just a matter of opinion: I figure it would be better to just have them separate, but you put them together. Oh well, my fault for not posting the issue myself, I guess. C'est la vie.
2 issues in the same game after the same svn version, more then likely the same issue at play.
Wow, that's weird. Tested the grenade bug. And uh, they fall through the floor of platforms. On the FA connecting bridge, I threw it out onto the bridge and it... disappeared. Fell through the floor, and never detonated. It only occurs on platforms or other areas with air below it. When I threw it at the door, or any area that didn't have air beneath it, it worked as normal. But throwing it on a platform? Fell right through.

Going back into Strut F, I threw a grenade up from the first floor. It went through the platform above me, and then fell back through the platform and detonated back on the first floor. The grenade acted as if the platform wasn't even there. Weeeeeeird.

As for shaking, I did encounter that once. I threw the grenade at the spot between the "platform" and the solid ground, and it shook about a bit before exploding. It was acting like a classic physics glitch. That is probably where the shaking thing came from, sort of half in half out and the grenade goes wild type deal.

Of course, all this works properly with SuperVU0.