Resolved: Microvu bug reports official thread
This should help Wink
http://www.emucr.com/search/label/PS2?up...%2B08%3A00&max-results=12#PageNo=22
[Image: newsig.jpg]

Sponsored links

i'd advise against using those builds, CrimsonRain isn't even using the latest patched MSVC 2010 / 2008 and several compiler related performance and crash issues ensue as a result.
I've never encountered a crash issue with those builds...and performance is irrelevant for the work he needs those builds for.
I have. As a result of consistently finding their vba-m builds are prone to crashes i did a bit of investigating into what was going on and reproduced similar crashes in GSDX and their null dc svn releases). They use the correct vcproj settings but as a result of several compiler bugs they get incorrect build time optimisations that seem to screw up recompilation and memory operations.

Their builds are also far less stable using MTVU then the endorsed orphis builds.

Of course, theres the possibility that major's issue isn't VU related at all. there were plenty of other changes between the builds stated that can indirectly affect microvu
(05-19-2012, 05:15 AM)refraction Wrote: But that was the only change I saw with microvu since 4600

You missed Revision: r4622 - microVU: Fix for Red Faction 2

Revision: r4625 - microVU: Added some options in microVU_Misc.h to easily enable/disable certain
mVU features to help in debugging problematic games...
< This looks useful for debugging the issue

Revision: r4640 - microVU:
- Fix for falling through floor bug in MGS2 Demo Disc (not a proper fix but good enough for now)
- Fixed a few random tiny bugs; might not effect anything
- Coded some optimization that didn't workout well; its disabled by default,
will probably remove the code later...

Revision: r4657 - microVU: Fixed a bug in my handling of branch in branch-delay slots.
Fixes Hot Wheels Velocity Maximum Justice, and now makes the game playable with
pcsx2 from what I can see Laugh
This revision might also fix other games that were still having problems that do
branches in branch-delay slots.

Revision: r4660 - microVU: Fixed a bug I had in the handling of indirect jumps that are placed in
a branch delay slot. This fixes the game "The Thing" and I think makes it
playable although I didn't test it much.
Might fix problems in other games that were doing this too.
The bug was kind-of funny, it was an old line of code I had forgotten to delete
xD

Laugh i lay bets on 4640 Laugh
Nice checking Tongue2 ill have a look later for bugs. We know its vu0 based now and within the 100 commits so that narrows it down nicely
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

microVU_Compile.inl line 409 might be something to look at, there is a ToDo left in there which might not have ever been done (or cotton just sucks at cleaning up reminders)

Theres the tiny chance that MGS goes all ninja like and requires 1-op block flag linking, which cotton never got around To Doing ;D

well, cottonvibes doesn't seem to think its a lack of 1-op block flag linking, so that leaves the possibility of it being 4657 :\

i'd say try this specific compile, MaJoR. http://www.emucr.com/2011/05/pcsx2-svn-r4656.html
as much as i hate to say it, as the build bot is down, if you could try some of the builds from emucr and see if you can find where it went wrong. if you can choose ones just before each revision squall posted until you find the culprit (newest first), that would be helpful Smile
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

...that site is pretty crappy. Several SVNs have nothing but broken links. Ugh. For most there are 10 links and only one of them will work, if any work at all. Oh whatever. Here's the list.

4654 clean
4656 clean
4657 glitched
4663 glitched

So there you go guys. r4657. I guess Squall got it on the second guess Tongue. So yea, that sucked, mostly because of that site. It would have been alot easier if your archive went back farther. Why does it cut off like that?
Windows 7 x64 | Core i5 3570K @ 4.7ghz | nVidia Geforce GTX 760 | 8GB (2x4GB) Crucial Ballistax DDR3-1600 ram | Asus Xonar Essence STX | Logitech G500
I guess because he doesn't have infinite HDD space (which he provides for free too...)