ScpToolkit (XInput Wrapper aka ScpServer Reloaded)
(08-09-2015, 03:17 PM)Nefarius Wrote: Greetings fellow gamers!

Long story short: this thread continues the work of the mighty yet vanished Scarlet.Crush´s Xinput Wrapper aka ScpServer aka "make my DualShock Controller work with Windows games!"

This post is a work-in-progress Biggrin 

→ Project repository
The project is 100% free open-source software, developers and interested users may review, build or extend the code base on their own anytime. The link takes you to the project's GitHub page.

→ Installation requirements
To ensure the installation and usage of the software succeeds it's mandatory to ensure all requirements listed here are met.

→ Installation How-To
The installation is straight-forward; the few steps required for a successful setup are described here.

→ Download latest stable release here ←
Obtain the latest build here; the free tool 7-Zip is required to extract the archive.

→ Support the continuation of the project
If you think this project has improved your gaming experience and is worth a small slice of your filthy lucre I'd gladly lift this burden of you by accepting donations by a value of your choice, just click this button:

[Image: btn_donateCC_LG.gif]

If you have concerns giving your hard earned loot to a complete stranger I can assure you I'll only use it to - depending on the amount - by me a coffee to keep the programming spirits happy or if you decided to throw in some gold bars I'll gladly invest them in additional professional development and reverse engineering equipment like licences, Bluetooth sniffers and whatnot.

Excl  FAQ
...because, why not!

I have a problem and need some help!
If you need help from the development team, please open an issue on GitHub. Don't forget to submit debug information; when you open up your start menu/metro page and type debug you should find this App:

[Image: 07-11-_2015_11-36-56.png]

When you start this, it automatically gathers the necessary information the development team needs for troubleshooting. Please just follow it's instructions.

Hello, I am very gratefull for your product. I remember last year I was also searching for a way to connect my PS3 Sixaxis to Windows 8/10. The thing is, I really wanna donate something to you but I am not able to use a credit card. i was wondering if there is anyway to donate via Ideal?

greetings,

Colin

Sponsored links

From everything that I can tell everything has installed properly, my controller has paired and connects without issues, however, no controller is created in the "Game Controller" panel and as a result it doesn't seem that I can use the controller in any of the game that would otherwise accept XBox controllers.

I've used an official Sony DualShock 3 using the latest version of SCP available through this github.

When originally plugged in prior to installing a Playstation controller appeared in the controller panel, however after the install it didn't make an emulated Xbox controller appear like I expected to show up.

If I run ScpMonitor.exe and right click on the Tray Icon and go to "XInput Tester" it appears that the controller inputs are being registered correctly, mapped to the proper buttons as well.

Here's a screenshot of all of appropriate windows:
http://zeekdageek.tv/ss/6UGhr.png

I've attempted to run ScpCleanWipe.exe and reinstall a freshly downloaded version and I'm not sure what I'm missing.

I'm not sure what I'm missing in order to make things work in games like Elite Dangerous, Binding of Isaac, Borderlands, Mercenary Kings, etc. All of which I've tested and not had the controller work properly.
Though it works fine most of the time, every now and then my DualShock 3 controller using the SCP Toolkit driver and my bluetooth dongle goes completely wonky, sometimes even with a spinning camera. What could be causing this? Is there a fix for it?
Intel i9-10850K CPU
Asus ROG STRIX z490-E Motherboard
EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 GPU
G.Skill Ripjaws VF4-4000C18D-32GVK DDR4-4000MHz Memory
Microsoft Windows 10 Professional 64-bit (Version 21H2) OS
Hello, new member here.
Was really happy with this software that finally allowed me to play via BT wiothout any input lag or the controller going crazy and not responding anymore.
Unfortunately today my genuine DS3 stopped working again, it's so annoying...
Opened a ticket on Github, hope to sort this out asap.

Software looks awesome despite this issue though Smile
(Intel AC7260 Wireless adapter)

https://github.com/nefarius/ScpToolkit/issues/160
Hi. Thanks for your work on this program.

I have a problem with my genuine DS3 controller where the usb cable wiggles loose fairly easily and causes sporadic disconnections followed by reconnection when the cable is fully reconnected. For some reason, this software (or more likely, libusb) locks up the original controller MAC and thinks that when the controller reconnects, that it is not the same controller. Of course, the controller doesn't reconnect and eventually powers down after trying so many times - despite the cable being completely plugged in.

Under  SCP Monitor, the controller port shows my controller's MAC followed by reserved and this does not change unless I reboot. Server stops and restarts do nothing. Furthermore, my device manager shows that three USB ports stop responding (the yellow exclamation - code 43 iirc). This is remedied by disabling and re-enabling them. If I try to physically reattach the USB cable, the three devices go into this error state again. The three USB ports will change if I try to do this process with another physical USB port.

Uninstalls, reinstalls, and the clean-wipe utility do nothing for this. Toggling different settings in the nefarius software control panel, such as the ones to do with the device lingering and other virtual buses, also have no positive effect for this.

The only way I can currently prevent this from happening is by removing libusb within the device manager, and then removing the driver files that stay behind in the windows directory. After I remove those files, I reboot, and see if the exclamation points come up for my USB ports under device manager if I connect, disconnect, reconnect, etc the controller. They do not so I install an older version of SCP from the other thread to see if all is well. The controller works again as intended and my problems are gone.

Since it's your software and not the original SCP (version 1.20 is the one I use for the test above) installing libusbk driver files, I would suggest adding a removal feature for them to either your uninstall program or your clean wipe program as I have definitely ruled out libsub as a major source of the problem I am talking about. I also have a virtual bus that is a part of my logitech gaming mouse, and I thought that this may potentially create the MAC Address conflict I was having, but I disabled it, reinstalled it, etc and it did not help.

The problem definitely was resolved by removing libusb files. I am not saying those files don't work as intended - clearly they do for everyone else's system configuration (as well as mine prior to running into this problem). Now, removing libusb works for a few days but after a while, I still run into the SCP Monitor thinking that the reconnected DS3 controller is different from the one it was just connected to, hence, the status remains "reserved".

Thanks for any feedback on this matter and thank you again for this program.
Hello I'm new to this chat and many people mentioned SCP instead of MotionInJoy.
I'm not sure if this has been answered before but I have no idea how to get the sticks to work.
(08-22-2015, 10:34 AM)KinanEldari Wrote: By the way, since somehow the old scarlet.crush drivers apparently installed the first time (and then subsequent updates no longer did), is there a way to uninstall everything related to Scp completely? Because I've done all the usual things of uninstalling the scp driver through its own driver window and by removing the drivers for the ds3 and reinstalling that again. But that doesn't seems to change anything. How can I be completely sure everything related to scp has been removed from my PC? Then I can at least rule that out as the reason why the PnP service isn't installing for me and JohnLoyd1.

Hi , i'm using scp to play with my DS3 controller ,  but when i want to play with the bluetooth i have to unistalle all the services of scp , then reinstall again so that the bluetooth will work , and i have always to do this  if i want to play with the ds3 bluetooth, even if i shut down the pc i have to do the steps again, so please is there any solution to fix this problem ? (im using wd10, i have this prb on wd7 too ) i have a laptop with integrated bluetooth . thank you !
(01-16-2016, 01:53 PM)dietube Wrote:  Hi , i'm using scp to play with my DS3 controller ,  but when i want to play with the bluetooth i have to unistalle all the services of scp , then reinstall again so that the bluetooth will work , and i have always to do this  if i want to play with the ds3 bluetooth, even if i shut down the pc i have to do the steps again, so please is there any solution to fix this problem ? (im using wd10, i have this prb on wd7 too ) i have a laptop with integrated bluetooth . thank you !

Same here, after a few reboots the bluetooth won't connect anymore.. why is it doing that Sad
Intel AC7260 PCI adapter, windows 10 Home x64, genuine DS3
I have an interesting problem.
I have an old Play.com Dual PSX-USB Adaptor which appears like this in Windows 10:
HID-compliant game controller (HID\VID_0B43&PID_0003&Col01)
HID-compliant game controller (HID\VID_0B43&PID_0003&Col02)

The connected DualShock 2 Pads work fine in Dolphin Gamecube Emulator or the XInput Controller Tester from the old version of SCPserver.
But they don't show up in the game controller settings at all, and also don't appear in the XInput Tester from the new SCPtoolkit!
If I install the DualShock 3 driver for this device with SCPtoolkit, I get some positive and 2 strange negative infos (see here --> http://www.littlecarnage.com/dockner/_st...roblem.jpg). But the errors seem to concern the failed bluetooth-connection only .. which is clear, because the DualShock 2 Pads don't have bluetooth.

Has anyone an idea how to get this adaptor to work with SCPtoolkit?

[EDIT] ok, it seems gamepads not appearing in game controller settings is a common problem with this adaptor! But I don't find a solution for it, neither here nor in the old scarlet.crush thread. Hmmm .. I am surely missing some crutial thing here ..
Hey, I'm running Windows 10 x64 and a legit Dualshock 3 via USB, installed the drivers correctly and everything.

But when I'm playing, every 3 minutes or so, the controller sends inputs on it's own, mostly it seems left analog inputs.

Tried with two games, the newly released Dragon's Dogma port, and Arkham Asylum. Both the same.

Also tried disabling rumble from the SCP settings manager but it didn't help at all.

Thanks in advance for any help.