Slow Speeds on High End PC
(07-03-2017, 05:29 AM)dickster7000 Wrote: I don't know where to find intel speed step on my pc. Does it have a different name? And my power settings are at high performance in the windows power options. Is that what you mean?

It will be in your BIOS. You will have to press one of the F keys (depends on your motherboard manufacturer/OEM) to access it during startup. The splash screen that is displayed when you first turn on your PC should tell you.

An easier way to insure that everything your PC is not being throttled is to set your Windows power plan to "High Performance".

EDIT: At this point, I would really recommend resting all of your options back to default, and enabling the the MTVu hack.

Sponsored links

Have you tried the stable version? 1.4
Lenovo Y50-70 Gaming Laptop
Intel Core i7-4720HQ @ 2.6Ghz - 3.6Ghz Quad Core
Nvidia GTX 960M 4GB
8GB DDR3 Ram
15.6'' Full HD 1920 x 1080 IPS
Windows 10 64 Bit
---
Intel Core i5 4670 @ 3.4Ghz
Gigabyte H81M
Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB
8GB DDR 3 Ram
1TB WD Black
Windows 10 64 Bit
Phillips 23.6" 1920x1080 IPS
1.4 will be worse because he's on skylake

Talking of which isn't there a hyperthreading bug in skylake? Have you tried turning hyperthreading off just to test it?
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

My power options are already set to high performance.

After doing some more digging this is what I've tried: Disabling hyperthreading did nothing. Running a build with vs2013 did nothing. The slowdown continues to happen. I've also read from other users that updating their bios did nothing as well. And I'm kind of afraid of updating my bios for fear of turning my mobo into a paperweight. I'm still kind of new to the pc build world.

I wouldn't mind the slowdowns so much if the audio didn't go with it. But turning it to AsyncMix kills the games.

Another question then, is there another build I can test on? Is there an intel non-k CPU out there that can handle pcsx2? I don't think my Asrock mobo does overclocking. And I don't really care much about OC'ing anyway.
(07-03-2017, 11:03 AM)refraction Wrote: 1.4 will be worse because he's on skylake

Talking of which isn't there a hyperthreading bug in skylake? Have you tried turning hyperthreading off just to test it?

i have no such bug on my 6700k with 1.4 or GITS When I did my test this bug on my skylake, software mode was same speeds across the board on all plugins, 1.4 and newer Gits, it also only effect software, and the "hyperthreading" is old bug that reported back when it skylake first came out that been fix by newer micro codes.if you had or still have those old microcodes the newer gits are most likely needed

(07-03-2017, 08:16 PM)dickster7000 Wrote: My power options are already set to high performance.

After doing some more digging this is what I've tried: Disabling hyperthreading did nothing. Running a build with vs2013 did nothing. The slowdown continues to happen. I've also read from other users that updating their bios did nothing as well. And I'm kind of afraid of updating my bios for fear of turning my mobo into a paperweight. I'm still kind of new to the pc build world.

I wouldn't mind the slowdowns so much if the audio didn't go with it. But turning it to AsyncMix kills the games.

Another question then, is there another build I can test on? Is there an intel non-k CPU out there that can handle pcsx2? I don't think my Asrock mobo does overclocking. And I don't really care much about OC'ing anyway.

Are you trying to run something crazy like 6x in gpu settings?
No sir, I'm only running 2x. Native IR and software mode both have the exact same slow down.

The only 3 games Ive tested so far are ZOE 1 and 2, and SOCOM 2. Has anyone achieved full frames in these all the way through? Or did I just randomly pick out extremely demanding games?

My i7-6700 gets 3.40 GHz and 4.0 turbo boost. Is this not enough?
I am unsure about SOCOM. ZOE 2 is a monster of a game and is a very demanding title that can stress both CPU and GPU depending on your settings. ZOE 1 I am less sure about since the last time I played it I was playing on my PS2, though the pcsx2 wiki (using the wayback machine) seems mixed on how demanding it is and most reports are from some pretty old builds so...
I also notice while looking in my task manager that my CPU fluctuates from 1.50 to 2.50 during these games. It doesn't stay at a constant speed or get near its 3.40 limit. Nor the 4.0 boost. Speedstep is disabled, power settings are on high performance (min and max %100) on processor and temp is at 42 C constant. Am i throttling? Is it because its a non K model?
Another update, I tired it on ver 1.0.0 - r5350. Framerates are MUCH better, much more consistent. I think it has something to do with the wp32threads and sdl files. Is there a recent git build that uses these?
(07-04-2017, 09:49 AM)dickster7000 Wrote: Another update, I tired it on ver 1.0.0 - r5350. Framerates are MUCH better, much more consistent. I think it has something to do with the wp32threads and sdl files. Is there a recent git build that uses these?

Framerates are much better because emulation is much less accurate.
Many effects aren't emulated correctly or not emulated at all.
IIRC, I don't think it has anything to do with the files you mentioned
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go