Slow downs - EE 99% - CPU Usage 60%
That slow? really?? hmm, what were the EE, GS and VU percentages with the settings I gave you?
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Sponsored links

I dont have VU percentage counter. 
Here is a screenshot using your suggested settings. As you can see on HWmonitor, my old 5870 is on its knees Laugh
Here is on with my old settings. GPU is sitting on 47%. 
Here is one with my old settings, and 8x Native Resolution.

After some more tests, i noticed that i get some more fps with superVU. In the same spot(the one on the screenshots), i get 37-38fps with MicroVU, and 42-43fps when using superVU. Here is a screenshot when using superVU(resolution x8)

Once again, thanks for the help!

ps. MTVU is disabled on all screenshots
You will not see VU percentage if MTVU is not enabled but the result from the first image(with 5870)is definitely weird...low EE/GS but really low fps.
Just for a test try using DX9/OGL and software modes

And btw on Sly 1 after the cut scene with default settings and MTVU enabled,the EE usage is around 40% here and my cpu is around 60% better at STP so that can give you an idea how demanding this game is

Intel Xeon X5460
Single Thread Rating: 1343

Intel Core i7-4771
Single Thread Rating: 2213
(10-15-2016, 12:17 AM)vsub Wrote: You will not see VU percentage if MTVU is not enabled but the result from the first image(with 5870)is definitely weird...low EE/GS but really low fps.
Just for a test try using DX9/OGL and software modes

When using DX9 i get even lower fps. About 6-7 CPU usage 40-60%, GPU usage 40-45%
When using OpenGL i get about 4-5fps CPU and GPU usage about 40%

edit: actually i didnt have that many drops on the original game. It would rarely drop to 40's. Most of the time it was 50fps full speed.
Hmm,there is definitely something wrong here...how about using software mode(it will be slow but I want to see if it will be even slower than your results above)

And btw maybe I miss something but what are your settings when you get 45fps
This is a screenshot of original when running the part you mentionted(with my old settings).

If you are talking about one of my latest posts that i said i managed 43fps, i just used superVU instead of MicroVU.

If you are talking about my original post, where i said that the original sly wouldnt drop bellow 45, i meant my old config. I posted it on my first post.

Using software mode, with Edge Antialiasing, minimapping and rendering threads set to 4, i get about 20fps.

edit: Seeing that my GPU wont go above 80% usage when running x8 native resolution, i guess that it is not a limiting factor.
edit2: Do you guys think that it would make it a bit more clear, if i overclocked my CPU a bit more? I guess that if my CPU is the limiting factor, OCing it should increase my fps. Am i right?
Are all of the low fps images showing Sly 1 or?
All of the images showing low fps are pcsx2 running on X5460(CPU) and HD5870(gpu)
The images showing 50fps(100%)is also running at that config but there is one difference.

The low fps images shows 512x512 for internal resolution and the high fps image shows 640x512 for internal resolution.This cannot be different unless it's a different game/region(I don't know if widescreen patches change that)
(10-15-2016, 12:57 AM)vsub Wrote: Are all of the low fps images showing Sly 1 or?
All of the images showing low fps are pcsx2 running on X5460(CPU) and HD5870(gpu)
The images showing 50fps(100%)is also running at that config but there is one difference.

The low fps images shows 512x512 for internal resolution and the high fps image shows 640x512 for internal resolution.This cannot be different unless it's a different game/region(I don't know if widescreen patches change that)

Ok so there is a misunderstanding. 
Almost all of the pictures show Sly 2. The one showing 100% speed is while running the original Sly. The first one. 
You said something about sly 1. Thats why i posted it Tongue

(10-15-2016, 12:17 AM)vsub Wrote: And btw on Sly 1 after the cut scene with default settings and MTVU enabled,the EE usage is around 40% here and my cpu is around 60% better at STP so that can give you an idea how demanding this game is
Thats why i posted the screenshot running sly 1.

I finished sly 1, and started sly 2. Where i experienced the slow downs i am talking about in this thread.

I am not getting low fps at any moment. It just drops sometimes, and its kinda annoying. 
Its not a big deal. It's still totaly playable. But i thought, what the hell, lets ask for help on the forum. They might know how to fix this. But it seems like my CPU cant do any better. I thought that it can do better, because my CPU usage is not maxing out(according to HWmonitor and Windows task manager)

Thank everyone for trying to help. Seems like a dead end to me, so i will play with the slow downs. Its not a big deal Laugh
I seem to recall getting fps drops at certain times on Sly 3, there was nothing I could do about it, could be the same case here Sad
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Its still playable!