Spectabis | Advanced Game Launcher (Frontend)
(12-18-2019, 07:52 PM)Arcadius Wrote: You might want to do the Giantbomb API if you're not getting any art from the default API thing. I haven't added any new games to my collection in a while and haven't emulated PS2 games as well, everything was and should just still 'work'.
But how do I do that? I got an api code from the site, and just copy and pasted it into the Giant Bomb bar in settings. Was that all I was to do, just copy the numbers and letters and paste them in the settings un scraping api or is there more? Currently I tell it to refetch box art since I get none, and it just keeps making the dot grow on the white background, never stopping or find box art, and only stopping when I open settings.

Sponsored links

That sounds weird, maybe try an older version of Spectabis. I'm currently not home, but when I get back, I'll try and see what happens if I add a game to get art.

EDIT: Okay, I got home and decided to test it out, looks like TheGamesDB is down which is why that broke, not sure why GiantBombAPI isn't working, even when you have a key. I don't understand why any of the other options don't work either.

Art scrapping is broken and I don't think there's any way for us to fix it, unless you happen to be a programmer and can check the source code to find errors in it.

Sorry, but you'll either have to do the art scrapping on your own (not fun), or potentially try a different front-end.
(12-18-2019, 11:29 PM)Arcadius Wrote: That sounds weird, maybe try an older version of Spectabis. I'm currently not home, but when I get back, I'll try and see what happens if I add a game to get art.

EDIT: Okay, I got home and decided to test it out, looks like TheGamesDB is down which is why that broke, not sure why GiantBombAPI isn't working, even when you have a key. I don't understand why any of the other options don't work either.

Art scrapping is broken and I don't think there's any way for us to fix it, unless you happen to be a programmer and can check the source code to find errors in it.

Sorry, but you'll either have to do the art scrapping on your own (not fun), or potentially try a different front-end.
Not a programmer, and I don't know how to do the art scrapping myself.
Scrapping art manually is relatively easy, search for the title of your game in Google or Bing or wherever, find a box-art of the game and save the image. Then go into your Spectabis folder, resources, configs and you should have a folder of each game Spectabis detected. Rename the box-art you saved to "art" and place it in the game folder.

Spectabis will then use that as it's box-art.
HI

I have updated to the last version both PCSX2 and Spectabis. With Spectabis v.108 i was able to download cover. But now with the new version, when i try to download a game cover, it continues to try to download a cover, but nothing happens... probably i have to configure the SETTING section? This is the default config:

https://i.postimg.cc/d3Fp3FHK/Immagine.png

Please, can you elp me?

thank you!
Did you tried v.108 after that or you just knew that it worked before.
Maybe the site is changed from which Spectabis takes the covers and it makes the way Spectabis gets them to not work
v.108 worked because i tried it. But unfortunately v.108 has a different SETTING section so I can't compare it with v.110. I can't now post the v.108 settings page, i will do it this evening
I just tried both 110 and 108 they both don't get any covers,no matter how I order the scrapping api

Edit:And one question from me.
If the program have a settings file in the program directory(Spectabis.exe.config),why it also makes a settings file in AppData,you can't call that portable(if it was actually intended to be portable)

Can't the settings in "\AppData\Local\Spectabis_WPF\Spectabis.exe_Url_tplptcf1cpao0c3wtpv34hm0ob2bkvjq\1.0.7040.38270" be placed into Spectabis.exe.config

And also,when I try to add a directory,nothing visible happens until I restart the program or go to the settings and back to the library...then if I have a lot of games,I have to click on the checkbox on every one of them to add them.
Or just don't "Add Directory" and just drag-drop the games from the folder

Here is a screenshot of Spectabis trying to get covers for the last 5 minutes(Process Hacker don't show any network activity,the program is not even in the list)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(03-04-2020, 12:58 PM)vsub Wrote: I just tried both 110 and 108 they both don't get any covers,no matter how I order the scrapping api

Edit:And one question from me.
If the program have a settings file in the program directory(Spectabis.exe.config),why it also makes a settings file in AppData,you can't call that portable(if it was actually intended to be portable)

Can't the settings in "\AppData\Local\Spectabis_WPF\Spectabis.exe_Url_tplptcf1cpao0c3wtpv34hm0ob2bkvjq\1.0.7040.38270" be placed into Spectabis.exe.config

And also,when I try to add a directory,nothing visible happens until I restart the program or go to the settings and back to the library...then if I have a lot of games,I have to click on the checkbox on every one of them to add them.
Or just don't "Add Directory" and just drag-drop the games from the folder

Here is a screenshot of Spectabis trying to get covers for the last 5 minutes(Process Hacker don't show any network activity,the program is not even in the list)

here the v.108 configuration page: https://i.postimg.cc/ydVp5kmS/Immagine.png

You are right: now also v.108 isn't able to connect to Gian Bomb database. It appears this message: "Failed to connect to Gian Bomb.Is the API key valid?"
(04-01-2017, 11:49 PM)Nuggets Wrote: Attention
I've been using Spectabis 1.4 for a couple of days and even though the UI could use some work, I was pretty satisfied with the frontend. That is until now!
When I started Spectabis earlier I was greeted by the following screen http://imgur.com/a/QCmZf.
Basically the program tells me that my "trial" has ended and to continue using the program I have to pay a hefty amount of money. There isn't even the option to use the program with reduced functionality!
The thing is... nowhere does is say that this is only a trial. On the contrary the git says it's a free frontend. That's why I want to know from the developer what this is about and whether it's legit.
Wow. 3 years later and this is still in. I thought it was super weird because I've been using it for a long time, but I guess I've never used it on this particular day. I'm in the "Not funny" camp with you, especially as there's no "Haha, close the fake window" button.
A joke shouldn't make someone think they have malware or otherwise delete their program and look for another one. I hate April Fools.