Starting up always breaks controller bindings...
I have a USB controller (apparently PS1 style) from Five Below. EVERY time I start this emulator, I have to re-bind input SEVERAL times, even if I load bindings, and it doesn't matter which game I try. It likes to turn the right thumbstick into the 4 main buttons, and turn those off when I try to bind the right thumbstick properly. Switching between the two keeps happening until I either give up, or keep going till I barely want to do anything anymore.
WTF is going on??

Sponsored links

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using, such as speed hacks or presets.
  • Your GSdx graphics settings (a picture of the settings dialog is preferred)
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
(04-27-2023, 01:01 AM)CK1 Wrote: In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using, such as speed hacks or presets.
  • Your GSdx graphics settings (a picture of the settings dialog is preferred)
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.

Well, sure, but my hunch is PSCX2 is just coded poorly; it keeps sticking to the first several numerical Buttons for input binding, instead of adding bindings for different inputs between this controller's ABXY buttons, and its right thumbstick. Something isn't adding up, but here you go anyway:

Device name MSI
Processor 11th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz  2.30 GHz
Installed RAM 16.0 GB (15.7 GB usable)
Device ID 19BBE6ED-C618-4231-9A14-9F170454CC7F
Product ID 00342-20953-41935-AAOEM
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display

Version 1.6.0

None of those.

SLAI and Uzumaki Chronicles 2. It ALWAYS breaks like this.

Uh...GSdx? Graphics? Emulation Settings? I found the file on my PC, but NotePad showed a HUGE wall of words, AND code.
Wow, this is ridiculous. Between ABXY and the right thumbstick, it REFUSES to LEAVE Buttons 0-3 alone when taking bindings.
Trying to load what I assumed were working bindings either forces left thumbstick menu navigation, or turns off the right thumbstick and/or ABXY. WTF??????

AND NOW IT JUST WORKS, AFTER LOADING SAID BINDINGS FOR THE UMPTEENTH TIME
How far does PS2 emulation have to go, really? N E V E R had this problem with Cxbx OR Xemu.
(04-27-2023, 01:50 AM)Triangle_Pants Wrote: Wow, this is ridiculous. Between ABXY and the right thumbstick, it REFUSES to LEAVE Buttons 0-3 alone when taking bindings.
Trying to load what I assumed were working bindings either forces left thumbstick menu navigation, or turns off the right thumbstick and/or ABXY. WTF??????

AND NOW IT JUST WORKS, AFTER LOADING SAID BINDINGS FOR THE UMPTEENTH TIME
How far does PS2 emulation have to go, really? N E V E R had this problem with Cxbx OR Xemu.

Use a build that isn't 3 years old next time, kiddo
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(04-27-2023, 07:28 AM)jesalvein Wrote: Use a build that isn't 3 years old next time, kiddo

Alright, so why is Latest Stable so old and bad??
(04-27-2023, 07:28 AM)jesalvein Wrote: Use a build that isn't 3 years old next time, kiddo

And why is 1.7.4434 still trying to take right stick input as ABXY/cross-circle-square-triangle in the corresponding directions, and why can't I seem to find the setting to load my bindings from?
Sorry for you.
As you said, pcsx2 is poorly coded.
I suggest you use Play! (Http://purei.org)
Instead or use your real ps2. It'll be easier for you
Oh, okay, so removing the device from my PC resets the issue, but a new one popped up: D-pad doesn't work anymore. WHAT GIVES??

And apparently, restarting the ISO helped, and restarting the emulator entirely no longer breaks bindings. Huh.
Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.

Please make sure to enclose your emulog in code tags like so (remove the empty space on the closing code tag!):
[code]
Pasted emulog goes here
[ /code]