Read first: Will PCSX2 run fast on my computer?
[quote='Rezard' pid='146010' dateline='1291252045']

You have a single core CPU. If you haven't checked the 1st post of this thread, do so now.

That being said, look here for your best bet on games. I recommend the initial use of native resolution to you, as well.

I have read the first page, I know it isn't Recommended, But its what I have to work with.

I mostly want to play RPG's So speed isnt too much of a factor anyways. I appreciate the help. btw for specific games I guess the forums are a help?

Sponsored links

The forums are great for specific games. The search function on the top right of the page is kinda useless, though. Try searching with google by typing in:

site:forums.pcsx2.net

...and then the game you're looking for. If you find no threads on that specific game, then you could start one yourself to see if someone else has experience or advice.

The Post your PCSX2 0.9.6 or newer screenshots/videos here! thread is also a good place to find info on specific games, but these should also show up by seaching with Google as suggested.
Hi guys I am a total noob, and have read the first post but would simply like confirmation whether or not my laptop is good enough to run pcsx2 so I don't waste time trying to get it to run at a good speed

Its a Dell XPS 15 and the specs are:

Intel i5 CPU M460 @ 2.53GHz
4 GB RAM
64 bit OS
NVIDIA GeForce GT 420M
Total available graphics memory 1696 MB
Directx 10
(12-07-2010, 11:04 PM)h3nch Wrote: Hi guys I am a total noob, and have read the first post but would simply like confirmation whether or not my laptop is good enough to run pcsx2 so I don't waste time trying to get it to run at a good speed

Its a Dell XPS 15 and the specs are:

Intel i5 CPU M460 @ 2.53GHz
4 GB RAM
64 bit OS
NVIDIA GeForce GT 420M
Directx 10

Its ok for some games. In general over 3ghz is recommended for pcsx2. But there are a couple of games that run at full speed at even 2ghz. With that said no one can say if you will get full speed unless you specify which games you want to play.
Specs:
CPU: C2D E8400 @ 3.6
GPU: GTX 560Ti 2Gb
MOB: Asus P5QL
RAM: Crucial 4Gb
(12-07-2010, 11:09 PM)GamerGeek Wrote: Its ok for some games. In general over 3ghz is recommended for pcsx2. But there are a couple of games that run at full speed at even 2ghz. With that said no one can say if you will get full speed unless you specify which games you want to play.

Thanks for the quick reply, if its only a couple specific games that will be able to run at full speed then I see no point in continuing to use this then
(12-07-2010, 11:11 PM)h3nch Wrote: Thanks for the quick reply, if its only a couple specific games that will be able to run at full speed then I see no point in continuing to use this then

well, why don't you specify that games you're after and we'll see what does and doesn't work for you.
(12-07-2010, 11:04 PM)h3nch Wrote: Intel i5 CPU M460 @ 2.53GHz
4 GB RAM
64 bit OS
NVIDIA GeForce GT 420M
Directx 10

A very good laptop for PCSX2. With the Turbo of the 460M putting it at 2.8Ghz on 2 cores, you should see better speeds than I do. The 420M (as with any 400M series) will run native resolution just fine with most games, and can provide high resolution with some. And again, better than mine.

As far as mobile processors go, the best are usually about (or just over) 3Ghz and are easily about $1500+ (since you need one with a decent GPU). So don't get the wrong idea, you have a very "PCSX2 Compatible" computer, as far as laptops go. What means the most is what game(s) you're looking to play. If you ask me, and in my experience, most games will be playable and many can run at full speed.

The reason you should name some games you have and would like to try is because there are some games that simply will not work on any system (See Compatibility List). Beyond that, there are a few I know of that really wouldn't run on any laptop, except maybe a very high-end, overclockable and/or "most expensive one they had" kinda thing.
Question 
H guys , I'm a newbie at this emu thing and i have read the first page but i would simply like to confirm whether or not my computer is good enough to run pcsx2 properly

here's the specs :

AMD Athlon II X4 635 @2.9GHz
2MB of RAM
ATI Radeon HD 4600 1GB
OS XP sp3
Yes it could run PCSX2 properly, more so with a newer Windows (for DX10).
Question 
Hi guys, i'm totally new with this pcsx2 things coz I don't understand at all what change that made by change this and that (though i have read everything in this forum in 2 days)

I'm totally RPG-gamer, so I know most of my favorites game need high-spec.
So, anybody can tell me if my LAPTOP can play these games. If so, how to set it to get optimal-full speed?

Ex: Tales of the Abyss, Rogue Galaxy, Star Ocean 3, Wild Arms