Read first: Will PCSX2 run fast on my computer?
(12-13-2010, 02:54 AM)eliteplague Wrote: Intel Core i5 650(3.20GHz)
6GB DDR3 640GB HDD Capacity
NVIDIA GeForce GT 320 (1GB)
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

That i5 will definitely provide reasonable speeds, to say the least. And the GT 320 will do good most times, especially if you revert to native resolution. Higher resolution are not out of reach, though. And the nVidia 320 does beat the ATI 2400.

(12-13-2010, 08:58 AM)Brandtner Wrote: i have used the pcsx2 on my computer and the game run smoothly , but if it comes to fmv scene the display become green (in FFX case only part of the display become green , i tried FF X-2 and it's totally green) , any suggestion to solve the problem?

Make sure your DirectX and graphics driver is up to date. Maybe try the Gamefix for FFX videos. There's also a chance that using DX10 would correct the issue, but that'll take that upgrade to Windows 7 to achieve. Wink

(12-14-2010, 08:19 PM)Oemenia Wrote: Thanks for the info. Quick question, how will FMVs suffer?

FMV performance can vary a lot. One game will run through FMVs with ease while the gameplay is way slow, then another game is the other way around. Also, sometimes a certain FMV (or more) might have trouble while the rest of them are no problem. Basically, they'll usually be OK. You'll probably find most of them to be pretty good, and they'll usually run better than actual gameplay.

(12-15-2010, 05:56 AM)L0rD Ast3r1X Wrote: hi, did you already try to use the program, i do but i still can't make the program to recognize the thuban as aSSE3 capable processor so i have to use the GSdx for SSE2 and it sucks.

You are confusing SSE3 (what your Thuban has) with SSSE3 (what PCSX2 can use). Yes, using SSE2 is your best and only option with GSdx.

(12-15-2010, 07:17 AM)as56 Wrote: Core 2 Duo P8700 2,53Ghz
4gb DDR2
500Gb Hard Drive
GeForce GT 130M
Windows 7 Home Edition

Yes you can. How well will depend on what game(s), but you should find many to be playable. You won't always be stuck on native resolution, and Speedhacks can help a lot, especially when your CPU clockrate is what limits your performance.

Sponsored links

Thanks again for the info, its just that FFXII runs rather well even on high-res but FMVs are an absolute mess.

New: Dell Inspiron 15 7580 | Intel i7-8565U @ 1.8 GHz | 16 GB DDR4 RAM | GeForce MX150 2 GB

Old: Lenovo IdeaPad Z510 | Intel i7-4702MQ @ 2.2 GHz | 6 GB DDR3 RAM | GeForce GT 740M 1 GB

I have a problem with Suikoden 3 , game is almost unplayable with fps hitting 23-25 at best . Even in-game menu causes major slow-down , I've tried every single possible speedhack combination , but despite high frame rate display , game is still polluted by stuttering and choppy animation , not mention almost non-responsive controls .

my PC setup : Dual core E5400 overclocked from 2,7 Ghz to 3,5 ghz (333 FSB effective) , 2 Gb ddr2 Ram and CuCore Radeon 5770 , 1 Gb edition

Is Suikoden 3 that CPU hungry?

tested and played Kingdom hearts 2 , FFXII , Dragon Quest 8 , gameplay was fluent , fps never dropped under 54 fps , Tales of the Abyss was the only exception in some areas , but it did not mar the overall experience

using latest 0.9.7 revision
what are the EE and GS % values on your screen?
Emotion Engine is for most of the time , topped , ranging from 88-99 %
, Graphic Synthesiser barely reaches 60 %

so my CPU ever after o/c is the weakest link ? , pity , I thought that it should be enough
Sometimes it really does take like 4.0Ghz or more. Even then it's not 100% perfect with every game. It is kind of a pity, until you realize they're still working on the emulator. Smile

@ Oemenia:
When on that high res, and a video is running slow, what does the GS% on the window's titlebar read? If it's like 90% or more, lowering the resolution will help. Otherwise, your CPU is most likely the bottleneck (and the EE% is probably what's topping out).
AMD Phenom II X6 1055T - 2.8GHz
8gb RAM
ATI Radeon 5870 - 1GB

What say you?
the gamefix works well for FFX but can't do anything to FFX-2 Video , guess i should change my OS then
for guys who tried GT430?
Do the emu runs @ 60 FPS?
with core2 @2.93
@ Accidante:
The capabilities of an HD 5870 are more than enough, and I hope that 8 gigs of RAM is some performance grade stuff. Your processor is very decent at stock, and should be able to handle a good overclock, because something over 3.2Ghz would be ideal.

@ Brandtner:
DX10 could help, if not with this, with some other thing/game. Either way, your hardware will benefit from the new OS. You could also consider Software Renderer. It's usually a great way to fix graphics issues. Make sure you set the "Rendering threads" to 4, so you make use of all 4 cores. Smile

@ ibm:
The 430 will rarely hold you back, especially if on native. If that's at least a Core 2 Duo at 2.93Ghz, then that should do pretty well, too. Will it run @ 60fps? Depends on the game, but many should be able to.