Read first: Will PCSX2 run fast on my computer?
(04-15-2011, 02:25 AM)mrjared123 Wrote: Is a Core i3 a good processor for PCSX2? How much better is it from the Core 2 Duo (if better)? Thanks guys.

It should perform slightly better clock for clock, If you already have a high clocked core 2 duo you wont see that much of a difference.
Specs:
CPU: C2D E8400 @ 3.6
GPU: GTX 560Ti 2Gb
MOB: Asus P5QL
RAM: Crucial 4Gb

Sponsored links

You could check the benchmarks and see some examples of how the improved architecture of newer processors can achieve higher performance at the same clock rate as an older one.
Thanks,
Do you know any good LGA 1156 motherboards that work good with it?
Well, it's not fair to say any single board would work any better than many others available for the 1156 socket.

I guess the best general advice I could give is to go for one of three brands (ASUS, Gigabyte or MSI) for what's usually the best mobo. Obviously, there are many options within them, but these 3 usually bring good quality to the table. Also, these brands most often offer OC options in their BIOS, but that can still depend on the board (check the reviews and/or manual).

I hope this is of some help (and not too vague). If you'd like some further input, feel free to PM me and I'll help you pick out one if you're still uncertain. Smile
Ok thanks.
Yeah mobo is a hard one to recommend, they vary greatly in features and prices. There are many good manufacturers more than the 3 rezard mentioned but Ive always gone with asus or gigabyte myself. There are a lot of reviews out there so I would advise you to google the products you are interested in, even if these major manufacturers often have very high quality they have their black sheeps aswell. And dont hesitate to ask if you have additional questions.
Specs:
well if you are looking for 1156 socket look at GA-P55-USB3L
I bought it and with 2oz i overclocked my cpu to 4.1 ghz on stock cooling!!! ( one of the benefits that it reduce temp and better OCing )
i just bought a new pc and its on its way here, its a

iBUYPOWER Gamer Power WA909i Desktop PC with Intel Core i3-2100 Processor and Windows 7 Home Premium

Intel Core i3-2100 processor
3.1GHz

4GB DDR3 SDRAM system memory (expandable to 8GB)

500GB SATA hard drive

Intel HD Graphics 2000

1tb hardrive size

my question is will this pc run pcsx2 good or what? ty in advance.

It will run fairly good, the cpu is great and will have no problem with most games. The bottleneck will be the intel graphics, I wont speculate to much since I havent seen anyone use this embedded gpu for pcsx2 but it should run most games at native resolution anyway.
Specs:
Not likely even at native... The integrated graphics will make most 3d PS2 games unplayable.