Read first: Will PCSX2 run fast on my computer?
hi again Smile i'm playing atm at kingdom heart 1 with pcsx2 and i have fullspeed with native resolution.. now i want try to have a better graphic, somebody know how to set d3d internal resolution? i have do some try and with 1280 x 720 it have a wonderfull graphic but it reduce a lot fps.. and with 512 x 512 (i have see in some forum that number) it have bad graphic but fullspeed, there is a rule to follow for have full speed and best graphic? atm the best for me is put 800 x 600 internal res with fullscreen 1280 x 720 and i have a nice graphic and almost fullspeed. There is something better?Smile thx for answer

Sponsored links

Well, this is not a support thread. Since your query is simple, I'll go ahead and answer it while I suggest you start a thread regarding your specific topic (if one doesn't already exist) in the future. Smile

The resolution you can achieve (while maintaining speed) is dictated soley by your GPU. It sounds like you begin to see the resolution limit of your GPU (for that game) somewhere short of 800x600, since that's where you begin to see less speed.

The solution is a better GPU. There really isn't much for settings to help that, aside from resolution.
ah ok thx Smile sorry if i have write here but i thought that for this thing isn't needed a new post ^^ so my gpu arrive near 800 x 600 with this game Smile but for change internal res there is some rule to follow? because i have follow my pc resolution (like 640 x 480, 720 x 490, 800 x 600, 1600 x 900 ecc), why i see in other forum or in youtube that they use like 512 x 512, 1024 x 1024? if you can't answer here i open a new post Tongue
Laugh You see how one question leads to another? Sorry, I try not to "jack" this thread with misc questions/answers. It's also a bit off-topic. "How to set the resolution" and "Will PCSX2 run fast on my computer?" are two different topics, wouldn't ya say?

There is no specific rule to follow with the internal resolution. One reason for a square (i.e. 512x512 or 1024x1024) is that some games will get black, vertical lines if using a custom internal resolution.

Rhetorical question: Do you think anyone else who may have the same question as you would expect to find it covered in a thread called "Will PCSX2 run fast on my PC?"? Sad thing is, it was probably already asked and answered at some point in this long, long thread. Yet it didn't help you. Let's try and help the next guy, eh? Wink
Thanks Rezard and Koji for your input. Although I believe I could probably build for cheaper, i don't really have the knowledge on how to do so, maybe I should look into it. Also I'm mostly just concerned with getting a solid 60fps on the games I mentioned, I just want them to be playable. I don't need them to look any better than what they looked on the PS2 (although that would be nice). I mean how much better can they really get...? Plus it's not like i'm buying this PC only for the emulation, I need an upgrade in general. If you guys have any other suggestions on good pre-builts or some good information on building computer, I would gladly take any help! =]

Thanks again guys.
(04-23-2011, 09:12 PM)Rezard Wrote: BTW - I think that price could be beat if you built your own on Newegg. Note how the PSU isn't even mentioned, just the wattage. And what's the mobo? They're not too proud of that, either... Wink

Those things are never mentioned with pre-builts. I checked out iBUYPOWER's website. Motherboard is probably MSI H55M-P33. Granted, I wouldn't trust the PSU, either. Subtract $100 for the Windows 7 license and you're looking at $480 for hardware. I'd say those specs are definitely doable within the budget.

@phodie
As mentioned CPU is pretty decent. GPU not so good. It should be capable of running most games at native. The type of RAM used matters a lot here and that's information that's not readily available. HD 5450 DDR3 (12.8GB/s) should be able to handle games at native. However, HD 5450 DDR2 (6.4GB/s) might have issues.
Phodie: If you aren't comfortable with it, you can try and find a local computer shop that can do the assembly for you... That said, building computers today is about a thousand times easier than it was even just 10 years ago. BIOS more or less configure themselves, jumpers are a thing of the past, and motherboards are very clearly marked. On top of that nearly all hardware is plug and play and works (at least in the basic function) as soon as windows boots till you can go to the manufacturer's website to get the latest drivers.

The only thing at all that is even somewhat difficult is that some fans are a pain in the ass to get on... Broke the bracket on one of my mobos because of it. Luckily that part is easily replacable (unscrew old one, screw on new one. Part costs $5)

Basically, if you feel secure enough installing RAM yourself, you shouldn't have any problems building a modern computer.
Hi guys, new user here. Sorry if I'm posting in the wrong thread and all.
I've had pcsx2 installed previously, but haven't used it really, so now that I actually want to play some games, I run into some annoyances.
I've installed the latest beta today.

For starters, I know my PC should run the emulator without any problems:
Core i7, 6 gigs of RAM, Radeon HD 5770, everything seems plenty enough.

Now, I read the startup guide carefully, configure every option as recommended - graphics, emulation, etc, but the game doesn't run nearly good enough. If anyone needs a screenshot of the settings, I will post one, but everything is as recommended for my rig.

The game in question is Jak 3. It is playable according to the game compatibility list. The game itself runs slower than it should, and has some unsightly graphic bugs(textures lacking - ground is black, eyes of characters are black, etc).

I have seen some videos people have posted on youtube of games played on pcsx2 - the videos were great - perfect speed, no graphic glitches at all, the games looked amazing. I think Shadow Of The Collosus was one game, and the guy in question had the emulator running on a dual core laptop. Obviously I am pissed off because it doesn't run properly on a perfect gaming machine as mine.

Any help/advice?
The eyes is a known issue, only fix is to use software mode. I believe the rest of the graphic glitches are fixed in the upcoming 0.9.8 release, which should be sometime in the next couple weeks.

Never trust a youtube video. The easiest and most common way to record videos for PCSX2 is from the emulator itself using the F12 key. This automatically speeds up the video so it's full speed even if the game is actually playing really slow on the system.

I don't own any of the Jak games, so I can't tell you if it's particularly hard (requires a super fast processor) or not... I can, however, tell you SotC takes a massive machine to play it without speed hacks (and certain speed hacks help the game play full speed at the cost of it's internal frame rate)

As for your system, it all sounds good... But there are a lot of different i7's, some clocked fairly low even with turbo boost... and some games no matter how strong your processor is will run slow simply because they are that hard to emulate.
Thanks for the quick reply.
Yeah, I guess it did look too good to be true, if the videos are up to speed once recorded.
Otherwise, the processor is quad i7-930 running at 2.80 ghz.
Maybe I need to try some other games to see if any will run better. I have the Xenosaga series as well so will try the first one soon.