Read first: Will PCSX2 run fast on my computer?
(11-13-2013, 04:28 AM)Todd Gaines Wrote: Hey guys,

I was wondering if the "Alienware X51" will run PCSX2?

http://www.dell.com/us/p/alienware-x51-r2/pd?dgc=BA&cid=271163&lid=4983373&acd=12309188955261101c20994150

I was thinking of getting the $699 one.

depends on the games you want to run.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]

Sponsored links

(11-13-2013, 04:50 AM)Nobbs66 Wrote: depends on the games you want to run.

I'm not really a Final Fantasy guy, but if I can run X, and then maybe "The Warriors", "Def Jam Fight For New York", "Scarface", "NBA Street Vol.3" and "SSX 3", I'd be pretty good. The GTA games for PS2, are better played in their PC version (due to mods).

Is the $849 model better? I won't go higher for a computer. The $649 model interests me, as I need a new computer. I am also hoping to run Dolphin.
(11-13-2013, 06:11 AM)Todd Gaines Wrote: I'm not really a Final Fantasy guy, but if I can run X, and then maybe "The Warriors", "Def Jam Fight For New York", "Scarface", "NBA Street Vol.3" and "SSX 3", I'd be pretty good. The GTA games for PS2, are better played in their PC version (due to mods).

Is the $849 model better? I won't go higher for a computer. The $649 model interests me, as I need a new computer. I am also hoping to run Dolphin.

The main problem with the x51 that I see is that the case is small and doesn't offer the best airflow which you may want because of how hard pcsx2 will push your hardware. Why don't you build your own pc since it the x51 is horribly overpriced. My build which is a lot cheaper beats the x51 with no issues. But if you have to get an alienware get teh $850 version since it has the more powerful cpu.
Just to note, there will be no chance of upgrading that, at least the graphics card anyway. Any reason you don't want to build your own?
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(11-13-2013, 02:31 PM)refraction Wrote: Just to note, there will be no chance of upgrading that, at least the graphics card anyway. Any reason you don't want to build your own?

I've thought about it, but I'm a total noob in that area. Never built one before, wouldn't know where to start. I've tried researching how to do it, but when you don't know what you're doing, everything sounds foreign.

I would also like to have a computer to go on my tv, as I just got a 60in. I have the patience to learn, but everything is like "The hell am I supposed to do?". I'll have time around the middle of December, when fall semester ends, to build a computer. However, I've never done this before. I just wonder if it will be more beneficial to buy an Alienware?
(11-15-2013, 05:57 AM)Todd Gaines Wrote: I've thought about it, but I'm a total noob in that area. Never built one before, wouldn't know where to start. I've tried researching how to do it, but when you don't know what you're doing, everything sounds foreign.

I would also like to have a computer to go on my tv, as I just got a 60in. I have the patience to learn, but everything is like "The hell am I supposed to do?". I'll have time around the middle of December, when fall semester ends, to build a computer. However, I've never done this before. I just wonder if it will be more beneficial to buy an Alienware?
That X51 is not worth the price so I would just follow a couple good tutorials on building a pc. Here is a really good youtube channel that has a good 800$ build plus there are also tutorials on how to put it a pc together.

Pc Build for 750$:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lh_dGts6TeQ
Channel:http://www.youtube.com/user/duncan33303?feature=watch
I know this is one of those thread were we try to stay as on topic as possible, but I second the above. Don't buy a prebuilt PC and Alienware are too expensive.

Can you put screws into holes?

Can you put things into slots?

Can you install Windows (or linux or w/e)?

Then you can build a PC.

It's really that simple.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Hey everyone.

I just wanted to know if i would be able to play Dragon Ball Z Infinite World with the following specs:
Intel core i3 - T348M 2.3ghz 4gb ram Graphics Card: Intel ® HD Graphics 3000

Thanks in advance Smile
(11-16-2013, 03:00 PM)animes786 Wrote: Hey everyone.

I just wanted to know if i would be able to play Dragon Ball Z Infinite World with the following specs:
Intel core i3 - T348M 2.3ghz 4gb ram Graphics Card: Intel ® HD Graphics 3000

Thanks in advance Smile

not at full speed.
that CPU is quite weak, and that GPu will clearly hold you back.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(11-16-2013, 03:42 PM)jesalvein Wrote: not at full speed.
that CPU is quite weak, and that GPu will clearly hold you back.

So do you have any idea of what i can do cause i have already tried playing and it runs fairly good its just the fights that lag a bit. Can you send me a config please?