Read first: Will PCSX2 run fast on my computer?
(07-14-2016, 08:46 PM)dogen Wrote: Probably, that's one of the fastest laptop CPUs you can get.

Good to know. Thanks.

Sponsored links

I've got a Lenovo y510p that I've been using in college for the last few years. I recently did a fresh install of Windows 10, and would like to set it up as an emulator machine, for downtime while out of school or on trips.

Specs: i7 4700MQ, GT 750M SLI, 8 GB RAM, 1 TB Scorpio Blue HDD. Fresh installation of Windows 10 as well (would have bought an SSD, but couldn't afford that upgrade).

Games I plan on playing: FFXII (main game), FFX, FFX-2, God of War 1 and 2, possibly Gran Turismo 4 (if I can find the disc).

Anything I should do in particular when configuring? I have PCSX2 set for D3D11 Hardware and 2x or 3x native resolution.
(07-20-2016, 09:27 AM)MethosTR Wrote: I've got a Lenovo y510p that I've been using in college for the last few years. I recently did a fresh install of Windows 10, and would like to set it up as an emulator machine, for downtime while out of school or on trips.

Specs: i7 4700MQ, GT 750M SLI, 8 GB RAM, 1 TB Scorpio Blue HDD. Fresh installation of Windows 10 as well (would have bought an SSD, but couldn't afford that upgrade).

Games I plan on playing: FFXII (main game), FFX, FFX-2, God of War 1 and 2, possibly Gran Turismo 4 (if I can find the disc).

Anything I should do in particular when configuring? I have PCSX2 set for D3D11 Hardware and 2x or 3x native resolution.
Stick to those settings and you should be able to play all those games comfortably.
Do you recommend me using the mtVU multithreading hack and/or MSAA on 2x? Or is this beyond the scope of my laptop?
The MTVU speedhack can break some games, but I believe all those games you mentioned don't have issues with it, so I do recommend you use it. MSAA can be quite demanding, it might be too much for FFXII and GT4, but you can always try. It should be okay for the FFX and GoW games.
(07-20-2016, 11:50 AM)FlatOut Wrote: Stick to those settings and you should be able to play all those games comfortably.

Thanks Smile

For curiosity's sake, what is considered to be the actual "native resolution"? 480i/480p?
(07-20-2016, 02:12 PM)MethosTR Wrote: For curiosity's sake, what is considered to be the actual "native resolution"? 480i/480p?

It varies depending on the game, some games use a resolution of 640x448 and some use 512x448 and there are still lots of different resolutions.
The resolution (AKA dimensions of the output circuit) is dependent on the game developer. he could use any resolution which the GS supports Wink

Here's a list of supported resolutions by the GS: https://github.com/Emu-Docs/Emu-Docs/com...115e1d3eR9
I've got a Dell Inspiron 15 7559 which I've been using since February and I wanted to try to emulate PCSX2 on it.

Notebook Specs: i7-6700hq, 960M, 8GB DDR3, 1TB Seagate SSHD

I've tried playing: Midnight Club 3 Dub Edition, Initial D Special Stage, but the problem is that it says that the Emotion Engine (EE) is running at 100%, but my CPU isn't actually achieving a higher workload than 20% and I don't know how to solve the problem.
(07-20-2016, 02:34 PM)GameCheater Wrote: I've got a Dell Inspiron 15 7559 which I've been using since February and I wanted to try to emulate PCSX2 on it.

Notebook Specs: i7-6700hq, 960M, 8GB DDR3, 1TB Seagate SSHD

I've tried playing: Midnight Club 3 Dub Edition, Initial D Special Stage, but the problem is that it says that the Emotion Engine (EE) is running at 100%, but my CPU isn't actually achieving a higher workload than 20% and I don't know how to solve the problem.

Yes, pcsx2 should run quite well for most games on your PC.
For specific support, please make you own thread.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Hey, I'm having pretty bad performance issues on what's generally an insanely fast box.

Dual Intel Xeon X5675 (3.06 GHz 2x6x2) , 96 GB of triple channel DDR3, and an XFX 295X2.

Tried on both Windows 10 and Arch Linux, both fully updated.

The games I'd want to play are the GTA games (later ones that aren't natively on Windows), and possibly the Final Fantasy series as well as the Sims games.