Read first: Will PCSX2 run fast on my computer?
Don't know where to start? I have a Dell I5 and I am getting a system incompatibility error. 8 gigs ram, 2 terabyte hard drive, windows 7 64, geforce gt 730, and I have this strange DVD drive - PLDS DVD+_ DH-16AES ATA DEVICE. (Exactly as in device manager.) This device will not work with nero, dvdfab, or ashampoo burning studio and I suspect it will not work with PCSX2 either. Could you recommend a drive that works with good compatibility? I have to start somewhere and think this is a good first choice.

Sponsored links

(08-09-2016, 12:30 AM)raburgeson Wrote: Don't know where to start? I have a Dell I5 and I am getting a system incompatibility error. 8 gigs ram, 2 terabyte hard drive, windows 7 64, geforce gt 730, and I have this strange DVD drive - PLDS DVD+_ DH-16AES ATA DEVICE. (Exactly as in device manager.) This device will not work with nero, dvdfab, or ashampoo burning studio and I suspect it will not work with PCSX2 either. Could you recommend a drive that works with good compatibility? I have to start somewhere and think this is a good first choice.
Do you get the system incompatibility error when starting PCSX2?

And does your drive work with ImgBurn?
I know you want more, I have the original Playstation 2 disk Pacman world 2 in the drive right now. I also tried an original Playstation 1 disk Kings Field 2. I get 2 messages one on top of the other. Bios, file not found - incompatable device, I don't get an error code of any kind. Set the graphics on glide to rule out the graphics card. That card should work on the same settings as a GTX 720 without problems anyway. DX12 support and XFAA.
I have no idea if my Video Card is any good or not I just built my rig for around 650$. I Got a Graphics Chipset
AMD Radeon™ R7 360 Series
Memory Size 2048 MB GDDR5
CPU Type
AMD Athlon™ X4 860K Quad Core Processor
3.70 GHz
I have been configuring my pcsx2 for a while and can't get it to stop stuttering with my laptop 

I7 5550 2.4ghz
8gb ddr3 laptop ram 
Nvidia 920m 

Please help random people on the Internet
(08-09-2016, 07:03 AM)bmott12 Wrote: I have been configuring my pcsx2 for a while and can't get it to stop stuttering with my laptop 

I7 5550 2.4ghz
8gb ddr3 laptop ram 
Nvidia 920m 

Please help random people on the Internet

Try setting your pc to high performance mode, and make sure GSdx is set to use your nvidia GPU.
hey im playing a game and im not using a new db and my fps is usually 60 but sometimes go dow to 45

im using this pcsx2-v1.3.1-554-gad71ca4-windows-x86 in a 2.0 dual core, 4 gb memory and an nvidia geforce 9600 gso limited edition ( its a 768 MB video memory)
(08-09-2016, 07:03 AM)bmott12 Wrote: I have been configuring my pcsx2 for a while and can't get it to stop stuttering with my laptop 

I7 5550 2.4ghz
8gb ddr3 laptop ram 
Nvidia 920m 

what is stuttering?
Hi All,

I'm considering a new laptop (Lenovo ThinkPad) for my daily use. Just wonder if the below spec is fine for running Initial D Special Stage, Gundam vs Z Gundam, Gran Tourismo 4 at at least 2x rendering smoothly? Thanks!

Lenovo Thinkpad T460S
Intel® Core™ i7-6600U Processor (4M Cache, up to 3.4GHz)
12GB 2133MHz DDR4 (8GB onboard + 4GB SODIMM)
NVIDIA® Geforce 930M, 2GB
Hello-

I just bought a new HP ENVY, here are the specs:

Intel Core i-7 - 6500U - with OnBoard Intel Graphics 520
16GB DDR4 - 2133 SDRAM
NVIDIA GeForce 940MX - 2GB DDR3L RAM - Discrete
1TB 5400RPM Hard Drive SATA
FULL 1080P Display 17.3 inches

Just wondering if any , at all, games are playable at a reasonable frame rate.