Read first: Will PCSX2 run fast on my computer?
60 FPS is full speed. You wont get more
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go

Sponsored links

(03-24-2018, 09:41 PM)jesalvein Wrote: 60 FPS is full speed. You wont get more

But the game doesn't run normal, it's slightly slow compared to normal game speed. I play with the in game music off because you can notice the slow pace it sounds.
The plugin config I'm using, if I try Direct3d11 hardware it's impossible to play.
So I'm using Direct3d11 software, the image is normal but not the speed.
(03-24-2018, 10:46 PM)Hacsa Wrote: But the game doesn't run normal, it's slightly slow compared to normal game speed.
The plugin config I'm using, if I try Direct3d11 hardware it's impossible to play.
So I'm using Direct3d11 software, the image is normal but not the speed.

What do mean it's "impossible to play?" You have to be more specific then that.
(03-24-2018, 10:49 PM)CK1 Wrote: What do mean it's "impossible to play?" You have to be more specific then that.

The screen is full of black/grey stripes and when I try to accelerate the car, the street start to fade or the image just doubles in a translucent effect. You can't distinguish what is what.

EDIT: I just tested other games, Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2, and the game works perfectly fine.
I think the problem is the NFSU2 file. I will download from another source to confirm this.
HP ProBook 6360b. Intel Core i5, 2.3ghz - 2.9ghz, Intel HD 3000. Playing DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 3 at default settings, incredibly slow, 15-20fps MAX. Are my specs just not good enough? Or is it just that particular game? Anyone played this before?
The intel integrated gpu's aren't very strong.. they are a bottleneck. Laptops, in general, dont handle pcsx2 very well due to the thermal properties of laptops.. they tend to throttle. Laptop procs aren't as strong as their desktop brethren.

The 6360b uses an intel i5 2410m processor. It has a single thread performance rating of a little over 1300 in the passmark benchmarking suite. This, is a little lower than PCSX2 really likes to use.. where the recommended of minimum is roughly 1600 and the recommended to play the majority of games is at 1800ish.

You may be able to play some games almost at full speed.. but there will be very few. About a year ago, I tried to game on an i7 620M, which is of similar performance and was barely able to keep up 50-60 fps in the lightest of games.
amd tr 1950x                                                 amd ryzen 5 2500u
asrock x399 taichi                                         amd vega 8 
XFX Radeon rx570                                       16gb ddr 4 2400 ram
32gb gskill ddr4-3200                                   1tb nvme ssd
Debian Bullseye                                           480gb sata ssd
Custom loop water cooled                           HP envy x360
nzxt 340 case
New to PCSX2, just getting my feet wet

In reading through many threads, I see the CPU is more important than the GPU. Also looking at the requirements for GPUs, I see the requirements, but I don't see anything in terms of low profile GPUs. Seeing as how many low profile GPUs, although newer than many full height cards, aren't as powerful or as capable. I was hoping someone could recommend a low profile GPU I could run with my i7 3770k in the small form factor PC I am setting up for emulation that would run PCSX2 decently. The PC fits nicely in my entertainment center instead of having a bulky tower setup next to it.

Hope I am not breaking rules by asking about the GPU. I read through the rules but was hoping for some clarification on this. Was looking at a GT730 2GB as a possibility as right now all I have is an AMD 7470 which does not appear to be as strong as I'd need
The gtx 1050ti low profile cards will perform admirably for you.. They made a gtx 750 lo pro I believe and as you can see.. I run one of those. I have no issues recommending that card (its no less powerful than a ful height gtx 750)..
amd tr 1950x                                                 amd ryzen 5 2500u
asrock x399 taichi                                         amd vega 8 
XFX Radeon rx570                                       16gb ddr 4 2400 ram
32gb gskill ddr4-3200                                   1tb nvme ssd
Debian Bullseye                                           480gb sata ssd
Custom loop water cooled                           HP envy x360
nzxt 340 case
(04-23-2018, 03:14 PM)scythefwd Wrote: The gtx 1050ti low profile cards will perform admirably for you.. They made a gtx 750 lo pro I believe and as you can see.. I run one of those.  I have no issues recommending that card (its no less powerful than a ful height gtx 750)..

1050Ti is a little more than I was hoping to spend on the card for my emulator.....anyone have experience with the 2 GB 730?  I see its specs are about that of an 8800 GTX on a couple comparisons...just havent used one to know for sure!!
(04-23-2018, 05:07 PM)Smack2k Wrote: 1050Ti is a little more than I was hoping to spend on the card for my emulator.....anyone have experience with the 2 GB 730?  I see its specs are about that of an 8800 GTX on a couple comparisons...just havent used one to know for sure!!

It highly depends on the version of the GT730 you get.  If you get one of the ddr3 versions then it's performance is not good at all (even worse if you get the gf based one that is a fermi card, then you are in video adapter land not game/ playing land).

If you get the gk 208 based variant then you are running a card very close to the gt 640 gddr5 variant I use in my emulation rig.  I won't tell you it will run all games perfectly and at full speed, but if you want to run most games at no enhancements (and some of the less demanding titles with a little internal resolution boost) then it should handle that.

If you don't mind used cards then a used gtx 950 is going to give you way more performance for close to the same price as a gt 730-750 if you have a used market anywhere simulr to mine near you.