Read first: Will PCSX2 run fast on my computer?
So will my laptop run at least native resolution games

Processor AMD Ryzen 3 3200U with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx 2.60 GHz
Ram 4.00 GB (3.44 GB usable)

Sponsored links

Newbie here, tried running Tenkaichi 3 on my budget laptop and it... did not go so well. Any form of upscaling, even by a small amount, seemed to utterly destroy my framerate.

Processor is an AMD Ryzen 3 3200 U, dual core as far as I understand.

Graphics (which might be a primary issue), are Vega 3 graphics, which is intergrated.

I have 4 gigs of RAM.

This feels odd considering I've run Gamecube games such as Batman Begins and THUG1 near perfectly on Dolphin. Is PCXS2 just more demanding?
(01-23-2021, 11:37 PM)Osrio16 Wrote: This feels odd considering I've run Gamecube games such as Batman Begins and THUG1 near perfectly on Dolphin. Is PCXS2 just more demanding?
defnitely.
YOu'll have o keep playing on your PS2 until you can get a more powerful cpu /GPU
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(01-20-2021, 05:19 PM)RedDevilus Wrote: Well if original hardware doesn't reach 100% , then having stronger hardware won't help that much, some games u can trick to force the internal FPS to be capped which makes it more stable. It also depends per game, the more STR the better and if you have atleast 6 cores then other programs (websites, windows,...) won't steal resources. I would try MTVU and EE cyclerate from -1 to +1, there is no universal setting or STR. I have about 2500 STR and i can run most games fine, but there are 4K PS2 games so u can get a wrong view about what you really need, not only that it can be the emulation which is struggling due to some quirk.

Im talking about emulation on BLACK or SotC not reaching 100% emulation speed, the number on the title window, wich from my understanding represents how close is the emulator running the game to its actual original speed, be it 20, 30 or 60 fps. What you are talking about is the actual framerate of the game when the emulator is running at 100% speed, so yes, i know some games just run poorly on the original PS2, my point is that my i3 4170 can't reach 100% in some of the most famous PS2 games wich coincidentally are CPU intensive games, so i think the 2100 STR recommended rating should be higher, the question being: How high should the STR % increase be to notice a nice performance uplift? 10, 20, 30%?

About the guys asking about their Ryzen 3200U and Vega 3 GPUs, yeah, that CPU appears to be even weaker than mine so i would say a lot of the famous CPU intensive games won't run well in those like Black, SotC or GoW 1 and 2. The Vega 3 i think will be enough for native res on most games, maybe some you can upscale to 720p and other GPU intensive games just won't run well.
(01-24-2021, 04:47 PM)sachos345 Wrote: so i think the 2100 STR recommended rating should be higher,
2100 is enough for most games, actually
Quote:the question being: How high should the STR % increase be to notice a nice performance uplift? 10, 20, 30%?
depends.
some games aren't probperly emulated yet, and 5000 STR still wouldn't be enough
(01-31-2021, 04:30 PM)Ruchi Wrote: im using a laptop and i have intel celeron processor. but i dont know if my graphics card would work with this emulator though it was noted that intel 950 is confirmed to work but poor performance. i have IntelĀ® 915GM/GMS, 910 GML Express, is my chip different with what
was stated up?

you'll be stuck with software mode.
i don't think your gpu can hadle dx11
(02-05-2021, 11:18 AM)Ruchi95 Wrote: I have an AMD Ryzen 3 3200U With Vega 3 Graphics with 8GB RAM (6GB usable/2GB GPU VRAM) This is not listed in the Benchmark site 'Passmark'
Actually, it is
Quote: Can this setup run PS2 games? If so advise me on settings that will help with performance. Alternatively, advise a config for this as i get slow speeds (40-50FPS) i am unable to get a 'good' config for any game.

It can run ps2 games, as the CPU isn't too bad. but the GPU will hold you back.
if you need specific help, open your own thread
hey there i am going to be getting an MSI GF65 Thin 15.6'' Gaming Notebook - Intel Core i7 - 8GB RAM - 512GB SSD - GeForce GTX 1660 Ti, will I have any problems emulating..... well anything??? also going to upgrade the ram asap to two 16 gb sticks, and update the amount ssd, by adding in another 1tb card.
What kind of i7 ?
9300H or 9750H probably which should be enough.