Read first: Will PCSX2 run fast on my computer?
I read the list about the processors that would go right with PCSX2, but I still have a question. The author of the list put "AMD Athlon (non-XP)".

My system is:

AMD Athlon 7750 Dual-Core Processor
2.7 Ghz, 4Gb RAM

and it is XP. I'm sorry if I misunderstood the XP, but I've learned English by myself.

I am aware that my computer will do "barely nothing", but is there anything I can do to improve its development?

Thank you very much.

Sponsored links

To improve your CPU speed? Overclock.
To improve game speed? Speedhacks, etc...

BTW I'm not sure on AMD or "XP" CPUs myself, but have you tried to emulate? Also, is your GPU decent?

You could refer to the List of Games That Don't Need a Strong CPU for the easy(er) games to try.

Like I said, I don't know a lot about AMD, but here's a quote I found based on several benchmarks:

"...tests place the upcoming Athlon X2 7750 “Kuma” somewhere between the Athlon X2 5200+ and Core 2 Duo E8200 on a broader performance scale."

I just hope that's accurate. Should give you an idea, though. If you wish to discuss your Hardware any further, I suggest doing so in the Hardware/software Discussion board. Smile
Hi, is there a specific plugin or better plugin than gsdx for a radeon 4670? I'm only get 20 fps when the plugin is set to hardware. Even my crap cpu does better than that. Btw, the game is shadow hearts 1
(05-22-2010, 05:38 AM)AMx Wrote: Hi, is there a specific plugin or better plugin than gsdx for a radeon 4670? I'm only get 20 fps when the plugin is set to hardware. Even my crap cpu does better than that. Btw, the game is shadow hearts 1

use native ps2 resolution and not thats all the plugins!
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
Pcsx2: Always Latest
im more happy now.

my e6400 came today so i installed it and booted up.

not much of a difference seen booting but when i stuck on ffx on the emu and i get more than double fps now. in battle is around 80-90 and runing around is between 90-130.

and thats with the CPU at stock speeds of 2.18 Smile
AMD Phenom II x6 1090T @ 3.9
8GB G.Skill RAM
ATI Raedon HD 5770 crossfire
WD Caviar Black 1TB
Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD
Windows 7 ultimate
(05-22-2010, 11:02 AM)PinPoint Wrote: not much of a difference seen booting but when i stuck on ffx on the emu and i get more than double fps now. in battle is around 80-90 and runing around is between 90-130.

and thats with the CPU at stock speeds of 2.18 Smile

FFX is very low CPU/GPU intensive (excluding Shiva summonLaugh) Still, good speeds there Smile
[Image: fs.png]
Q9550 @ 3,33GHz Ninja
HD 3850
yea i know.

i checked ffXII afterwords and i was only getting between 60-80 while running around and battling
AMD Phenom II x6 1090T @ 3.9
8GB G.Skill RAM
ATI Raedon HD 5770 crossfire
WD Caviar Black 1TB
Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD
Windows 7 ultimate
Guys, i heard that pcsx2 doesn't work anymore with the newest ubuntu LTS 10.04 . Is it true? I want to install the emulator into this OS for experimenting.
SPECS:
i7-2630QM
NVIDIA GT540M
500GB SATA
4GB DDR3
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Windows 8 Pro 64-bit

Acer Aspire 4750G
Pro tip: Try it and see Tongue (totally off topic too)
[Image: newsig.jpg]
^^^ You could close the thread on that one! LOL

That's the best "Will my PC.." advice there is.