Read first: Will PCSX2 run fast on my computer?
(03-18-2010, 10:22 PM)Pyer Wrote: Thks for the heads up concerning the i7-930 ilovejedd !! Actually it's 20$ LESS than the 860 and 920. My new rig SHOULD look like this:

Processor: Intel Core i7-930 @ 2.80GHz
Memory: GSKILL 2 x 2GB @ 1333MHz - CL7
Hard Drive: Seagate or Western Digital 1Tb
Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 5850
Motherboard: Gigabyte P55M-UD4P
Computer Case: Antec Nine Hundred 2
Power Supply: Corsair 650 Watt

I'm not sure whick hard drive I should choose and like PCSX2 works better with dual core would it be better to have a I5-660 @ 3.33 GHz ? Anything else I should change or upgrade ? Thks in advance !!
I sincerely hope you haven't purchased those parts yet. The Gigabyte P55 motherboard in your list isn't compatible with your processor. You need a socket LGA-1366 motherboard and that means an X58 chipset in the desktop realm. As for the i5-660, at $200 you're better off getting a Core i5-750.

Sponsored links

Means u must either change Motherboard or processor
SPECS:
i7-2630QM
NVIDIA GT540M
500GB SATA
4GB DDR3
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Windows 8 Pro 64-bit

Acer Aspire 4750G
kk thks for the help guys !! You're all full of AWESOMENESS =)
will PCSX2 run normally on my comp?

Processor: AMD Phenom 8450
Memory: Geil 2 x 1GB @ 800MHz
Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 4730
Motherboard: Biostar ta770a2+
(03-19-2010, 05:24 PM)kieknai Wrote: will PCSX2 run normally on my comp?

Processor: AMD Phenom 8450
Memory: Geil 2 x 1GB @ 800MHz
Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 4730
Motherboard: Biostar ta770a2+

I won't say it's normally. But yeah, it will normal for some 2D games. Your CPU is weak. But your GPU should be good, but not good enough to emulate demanding games like god of war
SPECS:
i7-2630QM
NVIDIA GT540M
500GB SATA
4GB DDR3
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Windows 8 Pro 64-bit

Acer Aspire 4750G
My turn,

I'm having trouble getting a decent speed off hardware that I think should do it.

Windows 7 64x
AMD Opteron 185 Dual core 2.6 GHz <-- Both cores being maxed out
Nvidia 7800 GT <-- specs look pretty good to me
4 gb RAM

I have tried my ATV Fury 2 on disc (it officially doesn't work but the home screed does and it is very choppy). I also ripped my copy of Mortal Kombat Anhiliation to check if it was the DVD drive--it is still to slow to be playable.

Only thing I can think of is the DirectX version. I believe I have 11 on my computer while my graphics card was made for 9. Could this be messing things up enough. Should I install DX9? Any other ideas?

Thanks.
i dont know if i'm the only one who has this problem i dunno if i should create new thread but , well i came here exactly to make new topic and say that my pc is running the game soooooo damn slow with really bad gfx although i have
CPU :core 2 due E7400 2.8GHz
RAM: 2 GB DDR2
VGA : 512 Nvidia Gforce 9600GT
HDD : 1 TB
OS : Windows 7 Ultimate OEM .. (that doesn't matter cuz i tried on XP SP2-3 and i got the same issues)
DVD/RW: Asus .. don't really remember how many (X) it was Laugh but i don't think it really matters cuz i was told its the best DVD/RW u can get

PSU: gegabyte 350W .... (17A on +12v) well it works so fine for me at all of the PC games never had issues with it even in the high ended games..

what else do i need to run a game !!

ah well i didn't want to bother my self buying PS2 games and it wont work so i borrowed a DVD from a friend to test on it the game called (Spider-man Ultimate) ... the one that looks kinda like comic books ... the sound is really bad and the graphics really bad although my VGA card support 4.0 shader px !! and it really spoils my CPU the meter hits 70% - 100% when i load the game although i'm not running any softwares else ... its kinda slow also :/

i did few tries to be honest i tried to uncheck the Vu1rec and the Vu0rec and it didn't help but actually it loaded more on the CPU and it crashed i had to end process i even tried to uncheck the multi threaded GS mode but didnt really help

i even tried all the frame skiping modes and the normal mode and nothing helps

as for the Graphic conf, i set resolutions : 1024x768 70Hz cuz thats what i'm running my desktop at also i set the DX10 hardware and i also use the Texture filter cuz when i dont it just looks like crap Wacko but it didn't slow down the menu at all also in the Interlacing i left it on NONE and the D3D internal res is NATIVE

the NLOOP hack is Grey marked

as for my sound configuration i used SPU2-X default settings i didn't change any of it

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE REPLY and tell me what to do xD i just wanna get and play (God of War) on my PC in peace xD

.thanks.
Ultimate Spiderman is listed as 'Ingame' in the compatibility list: http://pcsx2.net/compat.php?c=key
It's not a matter of PC power but of emulator compatibility and it doesn't work properly yet.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
well after some tries i downgraded the settings to DX10(software) and the GFX got fixed and i changed the sound plug in and thats got it wrokign fine
but i guess u r right cuz its damn slow in there xD
also i have problem with arrows i cant walk :s all keys work but the arrows well i tried to play with the controllers plugins but nothing new :s and really thankfull for ur reply

but if thats just becuz the game is listed as Ingame ... does it mean i can still play god of war? its listed as Playable tho Laugh
Anyone have a sec to comment on my setup? About 4 posts up.

Thanks