Read first: Will PCSX2 run fast on my computer?
Make sure you use the VU Cycle Stealing speedhack. It is quite effective with SotC. Even at a high CPU OC, I still need it for a full and steady 60fps.

Sponsored links

Hi everyone.

I read your list about what a PC should have to run PCSX2 successfully on a computer. But I still would like to ask, wether it COULD work PROPERLY on my laptop (haha, I know what you wrote about laptops...).

So:
Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit

Intel Pentium Dual-Core CPU T4300 @2,10 GHZ 2,10GHZ
RAM: 4,00GB
ATI mobility radeon HD 4330

I hope, that this is the information you need.

Some of the posts I have read here were about "making your pc faster/ adding ghz". How does that work exactly?

Thanks
Yes, your PCSX2 could run properly on your laptop, but not every games will run at full speed. Stick to native reolution and rely on Speedhacks when you're trying to emulate a "tough one". Don't be surprised when some games just aren't quite fast enough to be playable.

"Adding Ghz" is refering to overclocking, and with PCSX2, that's usually the CPU clock that's done to. It's usually not even possible with most laptops, nor is it usually sensible thanks to higher temps and limited headroom.
Thanks for the information. :-)
I just finished getting ff9 working with espxe since living in europe makes it quite complicated (and I started working with espxe on monday. I've never heard of it or seen it before).
I could read in forums like this forever about settings, plugins, programs, etc...

I don't have fast games for ps2. I think I'll be able to play them.
So I'm going to buy a laptop with these parameters :
Intel Core i5-480M (2.66GHz, 3MB Cache)
NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M DDR3 1GB
6gb/8gb DDR3
We are talking about an Acer Aspire 5742G, the best module I could find here (there are others with lower force on the processor and video card)
And I just wanted to ask if RPG's like Tales Of Abyss, Persona 4, Final Fantasy XII will run normally (like 25/30fps).
Well, 25/30fps is not normal for PS2. 60fps is full speed (50fps PAL).

But, yeah, that laptop will fair well with PS2 emulation. If not always a full 60fps, but will be playable. Have fun! Smile
Hi guys, was wondering if PCSX2 would be able to emulate FFX at a good speed on my computer. Here's the specs:

AMD Athlon™ II X2 at 2.9GHz
2 GB DDR3 RAM
NvIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430
Windows 7 32 bit

Smile
All you need is an actually graphics card for your PC. Your CPU is plenty suitable, so Speedhacks won't make the difference.

For any kind of chance with FFX on your current IGP, you will need to use native resolution or lower. Even then, no promises.
Hi,

I'm considering the new MB Pro 13', which has i5 dual core 2410 @2.3Ghz & IntelHD 3000 & 4GB RAM 1,333Mhz.

I understand that PCSX2 requires higher clock dual core, but the new SB generation may be more efficient even though having lower clock, is it correct? Or still, higher clock is the necessity for PCSX2?

Aiming only low to medium settings under bootcamp-w7, will that system build manage?

Many thanks!
Win 7 64-bit
AMD Athlon II X4 2.9GHz
4GB RAM DDR3
ATI Radeon HD 5570 1GB GDDR3 x16

based on what i've read and my specs, is it safe to assume i only need to worry bout hefty games like GT4?
as if so, what options should i target?
"A celestial descends onto Earth to give advice.
Buuuut, for me they're all advice that can't be put to action."  -Tenshi Hinanawi

R5 5600x @ 3.8 GHz; 32GB 2666MHz; GA AX370-Gaming K5-CF; EVGA GTX 1070